Fantasy Talk Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
    I like Floyd more for how bad the Lions secondary is than how good he is as a receiver.
    If the Lions can get out early, they will be locked in on Fitz. Should open up targets for other guys.
    Bernard is a guy I would keep an eye on. I could see him taking over the lead in touches and the law firm becoming the short yard / goaline guy

I had Ingram last year and it was always tough to figure out when they would use him.
    The guy has talent and wouldn't be shocked to see him somewhere else next year
    I think it's a coin flip between Floyd and Gio. Floyd is probably safer since it was a little curious as to the amount of touches Gio saw last week. He has more upside though if Marvin decides to take his panties off
    Boats and hoes

Comment

Am I crazy for benching Luck for Bradford today? Have some bad vibes around the Colts this week. I've got both of these qb's in a few leagues so I'll likely hedge a bit but I'm wondering if I'm over thinking the whole Luck to the bench move this week.
      Boats and hoes

Comment

Originally posted by Go4Gusto13 View Post
        If you have DeMarco Murray I would suggest picking up his back up as a handcuff. If Murray continues with that kind of work load it won't be long before he gets injured. Injury prone. Think J. Randle is his back up.
        I believe Lance Dunbar will be the first man up if Murray goes down. Lance has been out the last few weeks with a foot sprain, but is listed as probable today.

Comment

Originally posted by dsanty View Post
          Am I crazy for benching Luck for Bradford today? Have some bad vibes around the Colts this week. I've got both of these qb's in a few leagues so I'll likely hedge a bit but I'm wondering if I'm over thinking the whole Luck to the bench move this week.
          I don't think so. I believe in playing the QB you expect to have the better game. Then the one who is perceived too be better.
          Of course I think there are only a few never bench QB's anyways.

This week I'm sitting Stafford for Eli Manning in a 2 QB league. The other starter is Vick.
          Sure Stafford could have a big day and I lose because of this move.
          But I would rather lose that way then watch Eli go off for a monster day and Stafford shit the bed.

Comment

I see them as a coin flip this week, so go with your gut.

Comment

I like Bradford to have a great year and 1 thing I look at also is the total set in the game and St.L is higher and I know that isn't an automatic but it helps sway me sometimes when making a decision.

One thing that scares me is with Atlanta WR situation will you see a large dose of Jackson running the ball today thus using the clock and getting Bradford limited touches for the St.L offense.

Now with Indy offense they lost one RB this week so Bradshaw is the main back and I did hear they will be trying to get Hilton more involved this week in the passing game.

Not much help here as you have 2 Quality QBs to chose from and no matter which way you go there should't be much difference.
              Good luck in your decision.
              2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
              5* 6-8
              15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
              10* GOY 1-0
              5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
              5* 18-12

Comment

Vick or Ryan???

Should I be scared that Ryan isn't going to have anyone to throw to?

Safe bet here would be Vick but I just don't know

Opinions welcomed
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                  Vick or Ryan???

Opinions welcomed
                  I would start Vick until the wheels fall off. This seems to be the perfect offense for him.
                  Also if receivers are banged up for the other options...Unlike Vick they cant make it up with points for running with the ball.
                  The only thing that scares me with him. His past injury history and he got hit a lot in the first game.

Comment

Vick or Ryan???

Opinions welcomed

Not even close IMO - VICK all the way! Until some D-Coordinator shows they can stop this offense, I'd start him every single week he plays.

Comment

I like Bradford to have a great year and 1 thing I look at also is the total set in the game and St.L is higher and I know that isn't an automatic but it helps sway me sometimes when making a decision.

One thing that scares me is with Atlanta WR situation will you see a large dose of Jackson running the ball today thus using the clock and getting Bradford limited touches for the St.L offense.

Now with Indy offense they lost one RB this week so Bradshaw is the main back and I did hear they will be trying to get Hilton more involved this week in the passing game.

Not much help here as you have 2 Quality QBs to chose from and no matter which way you go there should't be much difference.
                      Good luck in your decision.
                      Hilton better get more involved. He screwed me last week!

I'd go Vick all the way esp with Roddy being banged up. Might as well ride the wave as long as you can with that guy
                      Boats and hoes

Comment

Gotta start one of these three as my #3 WR, do any stand out to any of you? TY Hilton vs. Miami, B. Hartline at Indy, or A. Jeffery vs. Minn.

I have Hilton in there right now, but A. Jeffery has a great matchup... and Hartline probably had his biggest game of the year last week. Thanks!

Comment

Sunday Situations
                          Here are the players we’ll be watching today. We’ll be posting inactives starting between 11:45-12 pm ET.

Early Games

Miami Dolphins at Indianapolis Colts

Colts
                          : TE Dwayne Allen (hip) was downgraded from questionable to doubtful. Look for TE Coby Fleener to handle most of the receiving role this week at the position.

St. Louis Rams at Atlanta Falcons

Falcons
                          : WR Roddy White (high ankle-questionable) plans on playing, but he was severely limited by his injury during last week's game. WR Julio Jones (knee-questionable) is expected to be in the lineup later today versus the visiting Rams. WR Harry Douglas figures to continue to see an increased role with White still dealing with his injury. Douglas saw time in 80% of the offensive snaps last week.

Dallas Cowboys at Kansas City Chiefs

Chiefs: Veteran CB Dunta Robinson (personal) won't be able to play later today. Robinson, who is the team's nickel CB, is expected to miss only one game. The Chiefs are very thin with depth at CB with Robinson gone, so that's good news for the Cowboy passing game.

Late Games

Detroit Lions at Arizona Cardinals

Cardinals: While he was limited all week in practice, WR Larry Fitzgerald (hamstring-questionable) is expected to be in the lineup later today versus the visiting Lions. However, it's worth noting that the team signed a WR off the practice squad. Kerry Taylor is now the 5th WR on the 53-man roster. Taylor gives the team insurance should Fitzgerald have a setback before or during the game.

Sunday Night Game
                          None
                          Boats and hoes

Comment

Early Games

St. Louis (1-0) at Atlanta (0-1) – This matchup could be an issue for the Falcons, who have some OL and protection issues. This is their home opener, so I would imagine they will play well, but the Ram defense poses a threat, so with Roddy White a shell of his former self. Julio Jones has been limited this week as well, although he should play. You can’t start White, but at least Courtland Finnegan didn’t have a good game working onLarry Fitzgerald, so you have to start Julio. The other good news is that the Rams can be very bad against TEs, so Tony Gonzalez is looking good. Given the White injury, I would think Steven Jackson will get more check-downs this week, so he should get 4-5 catches and maybe more. That’s good because it’s not a great matchup against his old team. Matt Ryan should be okay, but with limited weapons, he may not land high on the Week Two leaderboard in terms of points scored. Also, if you need a deep reach, Harry Douglas should be active, as they look to pick on the beatable (but talented) Janoris Jenkins. This is a pretty good matchup for the Rams. The Falcons don’t have much of a pass rush and they could be burned by TEJared Cook, who must be started. They’re about average against the run, so Daryl Richardson (who has practiced the last two days) should be fine again with the touches, but the foot is an issue with Isaiah Pead is back, although Pead hasn’t really done anything. The Falcons don’t have a shutdown corner like Chris Givens ran into last week, so Givens is a viable play for upside. You’d expect Tavon Austin to continue to get targets and for Sam Bradford to have another solid day, if not a very good one.

Players I like more than usual: Jared Cook, Sam Bradford, Chris Givens
                            Reaches: Harry Douglas

Cleveland (0-1) at Baltimore (0-1) – The Browns know they made a mistake last week not giving Trent Richardson enough touches, especially late in the game, and they won’t make the same mistake. He got 19 and 20 points against the Ravens in a PPR last year, and while Baltimore can probably slow him down as a runner, especially at home where they play better, you’re starting Richardson. You absolutely have to start Jordan Cameron, given his ballistic showing last week and the fact that the Ravens are terrible at safety and gave up 2 TDs to Julius Thomas last week. With Josh Gordon out, Cameron will clearly be targeted. We can’t call Cameron a stud just yet, but he sure is looking like he might be one. Greg Little and Davone Bess will get targets, but it’s hard to trust either guy unless 10 points in a PPR will satisfy you. The Brown front seven is pretty nasty, so this isn’t a great matchup, and it’s probably not a week you can reach on Bernard Pierce. We know Ray Rice can get 8-10 targets almost any week, and this is as good as any to expect that. I fully expect top wideout Torrey Smith to be on Joe Haden, so Smith is not someone to rush to get into your lineup. He really remains a hit-or-miss player, and while he can beat any corner for a big play, he could easily come up small here. The Browns are very weak in the secondary after Haden, though, so I really like Marlon Brown as a reach play. I would think Dallas Clark will be active again, but it’s been only one game, so if you’re starting Clark, it must be in a PPR and you must be fairly desperate. Joe Flacco does play well at home, and I’d guess he has a solid game, but I doubt he finishes in the top-15 this week with 20+ points.

Players I like more than usual: Jordan Cameron
                            Reaches: Marlon Brown, Dallas Clark

Carolina (0-1) at Buffalo (0-1) – Bill RB C.J. Spiller took blame for last week’s game, saying he reverted to previous form when he was a rookie who missed holes that were there. I’d imagine he’ll bounce back, but this is a challenging matchup, and you have to wonder for now if Spiller’s issues are prompting the team to give Fred Jackson more touches. You still have to start Spiller, but it’s time to lower expectations a tad. Jackson is viable given the high number of snaps he received last week, but again, the Panther front seven is very good, so it’s a tougher matchup. Until EJ Manuelstarts running a little more, he’s not exactly a great option for fantasy. The Panthers can be thrown on, so Steve Johnson isn’t a bad play, but Carolina does have a good pass rush, so I would not expect too much from the Bill passing game. Manuel is looking for TE Scott Chandler this year, since he’s not looking downfield much, so Chandler is on the radar. The Bills are down their two best players in the secondary in CB Gilmore and S Byrd, so this should be an opportunity for Cam Newton and Steve Smith. I also like DeAngelo Williams quite a bit this week. It was encouraging to see him get carries last week and targets (19 touches). The Panthers should have more success than usual throwing the ball, so I like Williams to have a nice game, if not a very good game.

Players I like more than usual: DeAngelo Williams, Cam Newton, Steve Smith
                            Reaches: None

Minnesota (0-1) at Chicago (1-0) – Other than starting Adrian Peterson, I really don’t know where to go with the Viking offense. I can definitely see Kyle Rudolph scoring, but until we see Christian Ponder play better, Rudolph is hard to trust, and I don’t like relying too much on TDs, so I don’t love Rudolph. The Bear CBs got burned last week, but that was A.J. Green with a professional QB throwing him the ball. I’d give them the advantage this week over the Viking WRs. The Viking defense wasn’t great last week, so Chicago is looking fine at home, where they tend to play well. But other than Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte, I can’t say I love anyone else. I do think Jay Cutler should have a solid day, but Martellus Bennett andAlshon Jeffery, while solid options if you need them, probably aren’t starting for you in Week Two and with all 32 teams playing. Jeffery should draw the rookie corner, which could help. If you’re in a deeper league, they both flashed last week, though.

Players I like more than usual: Bear Defense
                            Reaches: Alshon Jeffery

Washington (0-1) at Green Bay (0-1) – The Redskin defense is no pushover, with a solid pass rush and defensive front, but they are vulnerable on the back end, so I would expect good things from Aaron Rodgers, even though we have some rain in the forecast, and that certainly makes all their receivers appealing. Jermichael Finely is dealing with a bad toe, but he says he’s good to go, and his matchup is very beatable, as the Redskin safeties are not very good. James Jones came up small last week, and there’s little way to know when he’ll have a good game, but again: The Redskin secondary is very beatable, which is also good news for Jordy Nelson and Randall Cobb. The Redskins can be solid up front, so it’s not a simple matchup for Eddie Lacy. But you get the feeling his arrow is pointing upward, so he’s at worst a great flex. Keep in mind the weather in GB could help him today. Although LB Clay Matthews can always make a big sack or two, the Packers really don’t have a very good pass rush, and they got shredded last week, so they are still vulnerable against the pass. Robert Griffin III was not himself last week, but he put up numbers by throwing it a lot, so I do believe he’ll get good numbers here, so I like Pierre Garcon again this week. Leonard Hankerson may be emerging, and he could easily be helped by nickel CB Casey Heyward being out this week, if you’re fairly desperate. The Packers do look to have a very good run defense, so this could be tough sledding for Alfred Morris, and remember they will use Roy Helu if they are behind.

Players I like more than usual: Aaron Rodgers, Randall Cobb, Pierre Garcon
                            Reaches: Leonard Hankerson

Tennessee (1-0) at Houston (1-0) – The Titans somehow ran the ball against the Texans last year, and we do know Chris Johnson will get carries, but this isn’t a great matchup for him (remember, LB Brian Cushing is back). We’re still not seeing Johnson get action in the passing game, and he’s already losing goal-line carries, so he’s looking shaky. I don’t trust Jake Locker at this point, so it’s almost pointless to try to handicap their passing game. They do want to get Kenny Britt the ball more this week, but Locker’s play is too erratic to handicap. The Titan defense dominated last week, but that might be more of a function of the poor Steeler offense. I give them credit, and Gregg Williams seems to have them playing a lot better, but I still think the Texans will be able to impose their will. That means 30+ carries for Arian Foster and Ben Tate, and that Andre Johnson andOwen Daniels are good plays. The Texans are a good bet to test the Titans with the TEs, so OD is standing out a bit. This is the same defense that was awful for most of 2012. Matt Schaub should have success, but you never know whether or not he’ll get the TDs with those two backs on the roster.

Players I like more than usual: Andre Johnson, Owen Daniels, Texan Defense
                            Reaches: Matt Schaub

Miami (1-0) at Indianapolis (1-0) – The Colt OL is a big concern here for sure, and the matchup for their running game is brutal, as Miami’s defensive front is nasty against the run. We’re looking at Ahmad Bradshaw and Donald Brown splitting the backfield touches, but neither it looking great, although they want to run the ball today for sure and Bradshaw says he’s better off this week. I would think Bradshaw will see a lot of time on 3rd down, so he could get 4+ catches, and he could always score, at least. It looks like Andrew Luck is going to have to win this game on his own, and I do like his chances to come through for fantasy, at home (which helps). Miami’s pass rush is a big concern, but they really do have only one top DB (CB Grimes), so they can be had. It’s not looking good for Dwayne Allen, so this is a great opportunity for Coby Fleener. We can’t have confidence in him, but the Dolphins have been shaky against TEs, and they got rocked last week by Jordan Cameron. Fleener did flash in the preseason while Allen was out. I can almost guarantee Fleener is going to get a chance to have a breakout game, but I can’t guarantee he will do it. But if you need upside, he’s got a shot. No Allen also probably helps TY Hilton a bit, and while we can’t expect a bomb this week, given their protection issues, I’m sure they are going to try to get him the ball more, and he can make big plays after the catch. I felt Indy was good against the run last week, but the matchup is much easier this week for Lamar Miller. I don’t exactly see any indications of a solid game, but that’s always possible with Miller. And Miami is expected to test the Colts and make a serious effort to run the ball with Miller and Daniel Thomas. I’d still only consider him a flex option this week, though, and not a #2, and the Colts were solid against the run last week. They are easier to pass on, so Ryan Tannehill should make some fantasy noise. He’ll look for Mike Wallace more this week, and I like Brian Hartline again this week (although not as much as last week). Indy is expected to try to take Wallace out, though, which is good news for Hartline this week (and most weeks). Also, if you’re looking for cheap catches, it looks like Brandon Gibson is going to get 6+ targets every week, maybe even 8-9 most weeks.

Players I like more than usual: Brian Hartline
                            Reaches: Ryan Tannehill, Coby Fleener, Brandon Gibson

Dallas (1-0) at Kansas City (1-0) – The Chief defense looks pretty good this year, and the game is in KC, so we can’t say this is a great spot for the Cowboys. Still, are we really shying away from their key players? Probably not, but we do have Tony Romo (ribs) pretty low this week. You have to start Dez Bryant, and Miles Austin is looking good this year and should draw the better matchup (CB Smith). KC can be shaky against TEs, andJason Witten scored 2 TDs last week, so you’re not sitting him. Chief #3 CB Dunta Robinson is expected to miss the team's Week Two game because of a personal issue, which helps a little. DeMarco Murray looks like a guy who’ll need to catch passes to augment his fantasy value, and he’s off to a good start. Lance Dunbar could grab a few carries here and there, but Murray is still a good bet for 20 touches. The Cowboys did get torched in the secondary last week, but I’m not excited for Dwayne Bowe this week. Alex Smith didn’t look for him until midway through the third quarter last week, and the Cowboys do have two solid corners. It’s all Jamaal Charles, who looked very good last week.

Players I like more than usual: Miles Austin

San Diego (0-1) at Philadelphia (1-0) – The Charger defense played well last week, but they are likely in for a world of hurting this week in the Eagles’ home opener. Their defense lacks speed, and their secondary can be had, so while SD is usually pretty solid against the run, I’m thinkingLeSean McCoy and then Bryce Brown could kill them this week. And Michael Vick and DeSean Jackson are looking strong. Brent Celek is also looking very viable if you need him. I don’t trust the Charger offense, given their OL and how good the Eagles looked on defense last week, but their secondary can be had, for sure. I would classify him as a deep reach, but I’m kind of thinking that Vincent Brown could do something, possible in garbage time. Ryan Mathews looks like a shaky play here, as the Eagle defensive front is looking quite solid. Ronnie Brown is expected to be very active on 3rd down, so I think Brown can get 4+ catches. You can’t use Danny Woodhead until we see them actually utilize him. Antonio Gates isn’t a bad play, but there is concern about the shaky Charger OL against a lively defense.

Players I like more than usual: LeSean McCoy, Michael Vick, DeSean Jackson
                            Reaches: Eagle Defense, Vincent Brown, Ronnie Brown

Late Games

Detroit (1-0) at Arizona (0-1) – It looks like Nick Fairly is good to go for the Lions, which means they could cause some problems for Carson Palmer and the Cardinals. I don’t like Rashard Mendenhall much at all here. Larry Fitzgerald has been limited all week with a hamstring, so we’ll have to keep an eye out for any updates. It’s a late game, so his status could be tricky, but he is expected to play, per several reports. If he’s out, and keep in mind that’s not expected, Andre Roberts would start. I like Roberts as a reach no matter what, and in fact, I do until proven otherwise. The Cards may end up throwing it 40-45 times, so we could be looking at some numbers in the passing game here, although the Lion defense is improved. Arizona’s defense is good, but they do lack a dominant pass rush, and they are still without one of their best players (LB Richardson). We’ll see Patrick Peterson on Calvin Johnson, which could mean targets for Nate Burleson, although he’s been too hit-or-miss the last 1-2 years. I have little confidence in their TEs right now. So Reggie Bush is going to be a huge part of the gameplan, obviously, and you’re starting him.

Players I like more than usual: None
                            Reaches: Andre Roberts, Nate Burleson, Lion Defense

New Orleans (1-0) at Tampa Bay (0-1) – The Bucs really lack a pass rush, and I don’t think their secondary is ready to stop this potent passing game right now, so Drew Brees and friends should be fine. The Bucs can be excellent against the run, though, and they looked good last week. The Saints do want to run the ball more and more successfully, but this is not a good week to try Mark Ingram out. The Saint defense was surprisingly strong last week, but this game is in Tampa, so between a beatable matchup and garbage time potential, Josh Freeman should put up numbers throwing to Vincent Jackson and Mike Williams, so I like them both. The Bucs may get G Carl Nicks back this week, and that would be huge forDoug Martin. You’re starting him, anyway, but it looks like he and Freeman were just a little off on the timing in the screen game, and this is a week in which he should get 5+ catches.

Players I like more than usual: Drew Brees, Vincent Jackson, Mike Williams
                            Reaches: Pierre Thomas

Denver (1-0) at NY Giants (0-1) – It looks like the Giants will have Prince Amukamara on their side, but this is still a defense with pass rush issues and a vulnerable secondary, so Peyton Manning it looking strong here. And 4-5 TD passes aren’t out of the question, so start anyone you have here you need. The Giants should also have a lot of trouble with TE Julius Thomas. Eric Decker is already hard to trust, but he did just miss a TD pass last week, and he could score at the drop of a hat in this one. Right now the only Bronco back to consider is Knowshon Moreno, who at the very least should get 8-10 carries and most of the third-down snaps, so he could easily catch 4-5 balls in a pass-happy game, and against their shaky LBs. The Giants will have no choice but to throw, so I love Eli Manning, Victor Cruz, and Hakeem Nicks. I also like TE Brandon Myers, since Denver can be very bad against the TE and they have weak safety play. Denver overall was pretty solid on defense, so it’s hard to get behind David Wilson, but they have few alternatives at RB, so he’ll probably get 10 touches at least.

Players I like more than usual: Bronco passing game (everyone), Giant passing game (everyone)
                            Reaches: Knowshon Moreno

Jacksonville (0-1) at Oakland (0-1)Terrelle Pryor was pretty good last week, and while most of his fantasy production game from his rushing, that’s okay because he’ll run again this week. The matchup is also better, so I find it hard to believe he won’t do something of note here. He looks forRod Streator, but Denarius Moore did get two endzone passes last week, and he dropped one and caught one for a TD. I do like Darren McFaddenhere, and there was plenty of room to run for the Chiefs last week against this defense. Maurice Jones-Drew has not had a lot of success on the West Coast (where he’s from) for some reasons, but he’s got a chance here against a weaker opponent. The Raiders did do well on defense last week, but the Colts did pop off several longer runs. I’d give Cecil Shorts a shot if I needed him. He was pretty active last week, and he did have some nice mojo with Chad Henne last year.

Players I like more than usual: Darren McFadden, Maurice Jones-Drew
                            Reaches: Terrelle Pryor, Rod Streator

Sunday Night Game

San Francisco (1-0) at Seattle (1-0) – Tough matchup for both QBs, and they’re ranked accordingly this week. As much as I love Colin Kaepernick, this is a tough spot, in Seattle. We’ll probably see a little more running this week, and the bottom line is you’d have to be pretty rich at QB to sit him any weeks. We do have to point out that Seattle will be without starting CB Brandon Browner this week, which helps a lot. We’ve lowered Anquan Boldin a bit in our rankings, as a reflection of this tougher matchup, and we can’t wait to see him on Richards Sherman at times. The Seahawk safeties are very physical, so we’re not in love with Vernon Davis here, but he’s hard to sit after last week’s bonanza. As for Frank Gore, he was slowed down last week by the Packers, and the matchup is tough, so it’s possible that you have two better options. Marshawn Lynchhas run for 100+ yards in his last three games against Seattle (two in 2012 and Week Sixteen in 2011), and it’s been because he’s gotten volume. But I’m not expecting the world here, since Seattle’s OL looks shaky right now, and the Niner defense was strong against the run last week. Russell Wilson is up against a tough matchup, but he’ll lean heavily on Lynch, and he could take off and run a few more times against a ferocious defense. I don’t love Wilson or his receivers, but I’ll go only so low with Wilson, who can put up numbers running and passing.

Players I like more than usual: None

Monday Night Game

Pittsburgh (0-1) at Cincinnati (0-1) – The Steeler OL is a mess right now, and the Bengals are hungry to take advantage, so try to steer clear of the Steeler offense this week. I’d consider Antonio Brown in a PPR, but I don’t feel good about any Steeler this week. It’s not a great matchup for the Bengal offense, but you’re not sitting A.J. Green. It’s still unclear if it’s safe to start a Bengal TE, as they were both active last week, but we did like how they used Tyler Eifert last week. It’s still too early to use Giovani Bernard, who played about a third of the snaps that BenJarvus Green-Ellis played last week. He’s basically getting 1 carry for every three Law Firm gets, although that’s only a one game sample. I don’t love Andy Daltonhere, and this is a game in which his numbers depend on whether he can get one or two TDs.

Players I like more than usual: Bengal defense
                            Boats and hoes

Comment

Caplan’s Reaches of the Week: Week Two

Quarterback

Terrelle Pryor vs. Jacksonville Jaguars: This is a supreme reach, but Pryor wasn't too bad against the Colts D last week. And the Jaguar defense is one of the worst in the NFL. And they're dealing with some injuries in the secondary. If you're in a 2-QB league, Pryor is worth a shot when you consider he'll probably put up good rushing yardage.

Josh Freeman vs. New Orleans Saints: While he didn't play well last week, Freeman should put the ball up over 40 times in this game, so he'll have good enough numbers in the end for you to start him.

Running Back

DeAngelo Williams at Buffalo Bills: Williams is a marginal starter most weeks, but he'll face what should be a shaky Bill run defense. He's worth a shot as your flex player this week.

Bryce Brown vs. San Diego Chargers: Brown will likely get 5-8 touches/game. And now with the likelihood that the Eagles will blow out the Chargers, he should get a lot of carries late in the game. If you're struggling for a flex option, Brown is worth a shot this week.

Wide Receiver

Leonard Hankerson
                              at Green Bay Packers: He wasn't drafted in many leagues, but Hankerson usually draws good matchups off the bench. And the Packers are light at CB with nickel back Casey Hayward out again. With the Redskins likely having to throw a lot to keep up with the Packers, Hankerson is worth a shot if you're desperate for a #3 WR.

Vincent Brown at Philadelphia Eagles: He probably won't start for you many weeks this season, but Brown will face an injury-plagued Eagle secondary, which will be very thin at CB. He's worth a shot as your #3 WR.

Marlon Brown vs. Cleveland Browns: Had he not suffered a torn ACL last November, Brown would have been a mid-round selection. He was their most impressive WR in training camp, and now he'll start for the injured Jacoby Jones. He'll likely see a lot of CB Buster Skrine in this game--advantage Brown. He's worth a shot as your #3 WR this week.

Rueben Randle vs. Denver Broncos: With the Broncos without CB Champ Bailey again this week, Randle should yield a better matchup on Sunday. Look for a high-scoring game, so Randle should get his shot to make some plays.

Tight End

Greg Olsen at Buffalo Bills: Olsen is basically a marginal starter for fantasy purposes, but the Bills have a revamped LB corps, and they're dealing with injuries in the secondary. This should be a good week to take a small risk on Olsen.

Julius Thomas at New York Giants: Coming into the season, Thomas was mostly drafted as a backup by fantasy owners--if he even was drafted at all. Now, even after just one game, it's clear that he's going to be a big part of the passing game, as it was trending that way during the preseason. While the Broncos have a lot of passing options, Thomas is such a mismatch for linebackers and safeties, so look for the coaches to exploit those matchups this week against the Giants, who don't have good cover LBs.

Defense

Philadelphia Eagles vs. San Diego Chargers: The Charger OL struggled during the second half of last week's game. And the Eagle front-7 looks to be better than expected. Look for a decent number of sacks and turnover from the Eagle D.
                              Boats and hoes

Comment

Fantasy Football Weather: Week Two
                                by Andrew Cloxton, Certified Broadcast Meteorologist

Early Games

St. Louis at Atlanta- Inside the Georgia Dome.

Cleveland at Baltimore – A nice sunny day is expected at M&T Bank Stadium. The high temp is expected to be around 79 with winds south 5-10 mph.

Carolina at Buffalo – Not a bad September day at Ralph Wilson Stadium with increasing clouds during the game and high temps in the mid-60s. SW winds 10-15 mph.

Minnesota at Chicago – Rain is in the forecast for Soldier Field today, with high temps in the mid-60s and SW winds 10-15 mph. Here is a link to the radar.
                                http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=lot&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Washington at Green Bay – There may be some early rain for this contest at Lambeau Field, but it should end by halftime or so. Then it will get breezy, with temps falling in the second half. The high will be in the lower 60s, with winds NE 8-12 mph. Here's a link to the Green Bay radar.
                                http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=grb&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Tennessee at Houston – Inside Reliant Stadium since it will be 93 degrees outside.

Miami at Indianapolis – Inside Lucas Oil Stadium.

Dallas at Kansas City- Mostly cloudy skies are expected at Arrowhead Stadium, with high temps in the mid-80s. There is a 50-50 shot of rain during the game as well. Winds will be west 10-15 mph. Here is a link to the radar.
                                http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=eax&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

San Diego at Philadelphia – It looks to be a beautiful day at Lincoln Financial Field, with sunshine and high temps in the upper 70s. Winds will be SW 5-10 mph.

Late Games

Detroit at Arizona – Inside U of Phoenix Stadium.

New Orleans at Tampa Bay – Lots of heat is expected at Raymond James Stadium for this late game. Temps will start in the lower 90s and slide back to the 80s during game time. Winds SE 5-10 mph.

Denver at New York Giants – A nice sunny day is expected at MetLife Stadium for the clash of the Manning brothers. Temps will start in the mid-70s and slide back into the 60s during the game. Winds South 5-10 mph.

Jacksonville at Oakland – Skies will slowly be clearing for this contest at O.co Coliseum. Game time temps will be in the lower 70s, with west winds 8-12 mph.

Sunday Night Game
                                San Francisco at Seattle – Showers will be likely during the game at CenturyLink Field. Game-time temps will be in the 60s, with breezy south winds 12-18 mph. Here is a link to the radar.
                                http://radar.weather.gov/radar.php?rid=atx&product=N0R&overlay=11101111&loop=no

Monday Night Game
                                Pittsburgh at Cincinnati – Partly cloudy skies at Paul Brown Stadium with temps in the 60s during this contest. Winds will be NE 5-10 mph.
                                Boats and hoes

Comment

Working...
                                X