Fantasy Talk Week 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Willis McGahee is a guy I'm going to keep an eye on for sure

To answer your question Hova the only Lions talk today was about Suh and penalties around here

Comment

Edelman might be getting snatched up quick in all leagues.
      This is from rotoworld...

A source tells the Boston Herald's Karen Guregian that Danny Amendola's (groin) status is uncertain beyond Week 2.

All signs suggest Amendola will miss Thursday's game against the Jets, but this is the first we've heard that the 10 days he'll have to heal up for Week 3 might not be enough. The Pats host the Bucs in Week 3, and travel to Atlanta Week 4.

Comment

For those new to fantasy football:

One thing I want to mention about the use if your waiver wire as there are different variations depending on what your league uses.

Some leagues play that when you use your waiver you go to the end of the line.I really prefer this way because it makes it relevant and you have to decide if you really need a player and if he is that valuable to move you to the end of the line.Some strategic thinking this way.

Others use the 1st to last place weekly way.Meaning if you are in 1st place you are last and if you are in last place you get the 1st opportunity.I am move active this way as it changes automatically the next week.

In the first one I mentioned,if you really don't need the person you are looking at picking up and it would just strengthen your bench,then you might want to wait and gamble that he passes thru waivers and claim him on Thursday via free agency.If you need him then don't wait,pick him up no matter where you are in the waiver line.

Another thing that some new people don't realize is that when putting in a waiver it doesn't mean that you are going to get the player that you are trying to get unless you are sitting in the #1 spot.Use the add a player and drop a player feature.DON'T JUST DROP A PLAYER THAT YOU MIGHT BE ABLE TO USE THINKING YOU ARE GOING TO PICK UP A BETTER PLAYER.Some people drop a player that is serviceable and don't get the player they wanted and now are in need of another player as smart people might need the player that you dropped.

Well that is MacDaddys helpful tip on the use of the waiver wire!!!
        2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
        5* 6-8
        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
        10* GOY 1-0
        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
        5* 18-12

Comment

Fantasy News...
          Coach John Fox confirmed that all three of his running backs will see playing time once again in Sunday's game against the Giants.
          In the season opener, Knowshon Moreno started and got 12 touches. Rookie Montee Ball got eight and scatback Ronnie Hillman got six. Considering the Broncos put 45 points on a very good Ravens defense, we wouldn't expect much change in the division of labor. "Knowshon has been there before. I wouldn't read too much into first, second or third," Fox said. "All three played Thursday, and all three will play on Sunday."

Coach Chuck Pagano said the "first thing" coaches talked about after Sunday's game was getting T.Y. Hilton more snaps and touches.

A source tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the Steelers are now hoping to get Le'Veon Bell (foot) back in about a month.
          So much for optimism that Bell could be back as soon as Week 2. Per the Tribune-Review, Bell has a "rare" mid-foot sprain that's being classified as a Lisfranc injury.

The Giants reportedly believe newly signed Brandon Jacobs can "possibly spell" David Wilson "on passing downs and maybe at the goal line."
          Note that the veteran running back cattle call the Giants held Tuesday was scheduled before Wilson's nightmarish 2013 debut. Jacobs was brought back to help fill the gap left by Andre Brown (leg) -- not to take Wilson's starting job. A source tells ESPN New York that one of the reasons Jacobs was signed was because of his familiarity with their protection schemes, an area Wilson has struggled in. The two-time Super Bowl champ is also expected to help "mentor" Wilson in other areas

Coach Mike Tomlin said Isaac Redman will start Monday night's game against the Bengals.

Comment

Now Julio Jones misses practice along with White already hurting if you have room for a spot you might want to pick up Hugh Douglas as a sleeper pick
            2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
            5* 6-8
            15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
            10* GOY 1-0
            5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
            5* 18-12

Comment

I was going to ask a flex question. But I think it's an easy answer.
              My best bench player right now is Edelman and going to plug him in and hope Wilson wins the Giants RB job back.

But do have a QB question again from the two QB league.
              Think I keep Vick in for now. But for the other spot.
              Eli vs Peyton
              or
              Stafford vs Cardinals

Comment

Edelman looks good especially with Amendola most likely out and both rookie options in Thompkins and Sudfeld having rough 1st games.I picked up Eldeman in one league and he will start.You don't know what is going to happen with Wilson as they might want to get his confidence back and he could go off...then again if he fumbles he is in trouble.

The QB situation is a good one to have as both should do well,but I would lean to Stafford..who by the way cleared waivers in my league and is still available.Unbelievable!!!!

Being the nice guy I am I told my brother to pick up Edelman and gave him and his boy advice on Stafford.He did get Edelman but neither one took Stafford.

Wish I could keep 3 QBs but in all honesty I hate keeping 2 of them.
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

I have a question.

I have Vick as my backup QB or starter if I want along with Ryan.With all the hoopla about Phillys offense should I trade him while he is a hot topic and get maybe a better WR.I just don't know if Vick will last the whole year in this offense.I can still go out and get Stafford or Bradford as a backup QB.Just throwing things around as I am always looking for ways to improve my team,no matter how good it is.
                  2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                  5* 6-8
                  15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                  10* GOY 1-0
                  5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                  5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                    Now Julio Jones misses practice along with White already hurting if you have room for a spot you might want to pick up Hugh Douglas as a sleeper pick
                    I'll bet Julio's day off is just routine maintenance. I may be wrong but don't think he (or Roddy) practiced many Wednesday's last season. If Julio misses Thursday, then I'd worry. Roddy's injury does seem like it will linger though. So Douglas aint a terrible add like you said.

Game I'd go Stafford. But Eli offers potential at home. Especially if you think they will be playing catch up to Denver most the game. The difference isnt that large either way though
                    No, sir, I have no experience but I am a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. Id like to put more in that jar. That is where you come in.

Comment

Flex question

Roddy White or Lacy

Been tossing this around with White not being 100% want to start Lacy,but now with Jones not 100% the WR postion up in the air and really don't know what to think.Safe play would be Lacy,right?
                      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                      5* 6-8
                      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                      10* GOY 1-0
                      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                      5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                        I have a question.

I have Vick as my backup QB or starter if I want along with Ryan.With all the hoopla about Phillys offense should I trade him while he is a hot topic and get maybe a better WR.I just don't know if Vick will last the whole year in this offense.I can still go out and get Stafford or Bradford as a backup QB.Just throwing things around as I am always looking for ways to improve my team,no matter how good it is.
                        If you can trade Vick I would. Especially if Stafford is still on your waiver wire. However, QB is a really deep position this year, and traditionally I've always felt its hard to trade quarterbacks for whatever reason. The depth of the position may make it harder than you think to complete a trade, despite how well Vick plays now and/or in the future. But then again, it all depends on the guys in your league.
                        No, sir, I have no experience but I am a big fan of money. I like it, I use it, I have a little. I keep it in a jar on top of my refrigerator. Id like to put more in that jar. That is where you come in.

Comment

flex question, trying to decide between mark ingram vs TB, Gio Bernard vs Pitt, Lamar Miller vs Ind, or Michael Floyd vs Det. Actually leaning a little toward Floyd right now, kinda wanna see what happens in week 2 bf I give Miller the start. What do you guys think?
                          2013 NCAAF 4-5 -1.5

Comment

Originally posted by BoKnows View Post
                            flex question, trying to decide between mark ingram vs TB, Gio Bernard vs Pitt, Lamar Miller vs Ind, or Michael Floyd vs Det. Actually leaning a little toward Floyd right now, kinda wanna see what happens in week 2 bf I give Miller the start. What do you guys think?
                            I like Floyd more for how bad the Lions secondary is than how good he is as a receiver.
                            If the Lions can get out early, they will be locked in on Fitz. Should open up targets for other guys.
                            Bernard is a guy I would keep an eye on. I could see him taking over the lead in touches and the law firm becoming the short yard / goaline guy

I had Ingram last year and it was always tough to figure out when they would use him.
                            The guy has talent and wouldn't be shocked to see him somewhere else next year

Comment

Originally posted by HOVA View Post
                              If you can trade Vick I would. Especially if Stafford is still on your waiver wire. However, QB is a really deep position this year, and traditionally I've always felt its hard to trade quarterbacks for whatever reason. The depth of the position may make it harder than you think to complete a trade, despite how well Vick plays now and/or in the future. But then again, it all depends on the guys in your league.
                              I think Vick is a perfect sell high guy right now. The offense looked good and so did he.
                              The problem you have, like Hova mentioned. It's tough to trade QB's as most teams have a decent starter and an OK one game back up.

Comment

CSN New England reports Patriots TE Zach Sudfeld is expected to be inactive for Thursday's game against the Jets.

Comment

Working...
                                X