Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild card Weekend queries for our braintrust

Don't stop now. Keep at it, guys.

Let's get this started. Dallas was a -13'pt road fav last week. Any playoff team lined from +3 to -11 w/o a bye, off the last regular season game in which they were a road fav of -8 or more:

KillerSports.com

0-6 o/u

Under 50' GB/Dal

of note: NFC teams on Sunday are 0-2 s/u & ats...take a good hard look at GB+7'

Comment

UNDER won 10+ games last year, line b/w +/-11.5 and did not just have 50+ more penalty yards than rushing yards (1-18 ou = KC u, BUF u, DAL u, PHI u)

UNDER both 1st playoff game and did not meet in regular season, total 39+ and teams similar records (2-25 ou = DAL u, DET u)

OPPOSE off dog win in last reg season game, 8+ win team (16-2 = on MIA, DET)

PLAY ON away dog not big negative margin team on season and did not fail to cover by 7+ last week (16-1 = on MIA, PIT, GB, LAR)

PLAY ON 7+ rested team vs opponent with <10 wins (9-0 = on PHI)

OPPOSE 6-day rested team vs opp with <10 wins and were not 3.5+ dogs last week (11-1 = on GB)

OPPOSE grass nondiv with low avg margin win vs opp that doesn't need to pass for a lot of 1st downs and won 6+ games last year (21-0 = on PHI)

(this is my first pass through the playoffs systems i have...will share more later this week)

Comment

Originally posted by rolltide View Post
        UNDER won 10+ games last year, line b/w +/-11.5 and did not just have 50+ more penalty yards than rushing yards (1-18 ou = KC u, BUF u, DAL u, PHI u)

UNDER both 1st playoff game and did not meet in regular season, total 39+ and teams similar records (2-25 ou = DAL u, DET u)

OPPOSE off dog win in last reg season game, 8+ win team (16-2 = on MIA, DET)

PLAY ON away dog not big negative margin team on season and did not fail to cover by 7+ last week (16-1 = on MIA, PIT, GB, LAR)

PLAY ON 7+ rested team vs opponent with <10 wins (9-0 = on PHI)

OPPOSE 6-day rested team vs opp with <10 wins and were not 3.5+ dogs last week (11-1 = on GB)

OPPOSE grass nondiv with low avg margin win vs opp that doesn't need to pass for a lot of 1st downs and won 6+ games last year (21-0 = on PHI)

(this is my first pass through the playoffs systems i have...will share more later this week)
        dang, rolltide...roll, tide, roll...

Comment

playoffs = 1 and p:playoffs = 0 and H and line >= -15 and -2 >= p:turnover margin >= -3 and op:turnover margin <= 2 and p:division = po:division and 10 <= o:wins <= 12 and wins <= 14 and o:PRSW >= 3 and PRSW <= 12

playoffs
          p: regular season
          home
          fav <=15 or dog
          p: division gm
          p: 2 or 3 less TO than opp
          op: not >= 3 more TO than opp
          o: 10-12 wins
          t: wins <=14
          ​​o: PRSW >=3
          t: PRSW <=12

0-23 o/u (-7.35)

https://killersports.com/nfl/query?_...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

det under 51.5

final boldface

Last edited by bleeker; 01-09-2024, 03:23 PM.
          ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Guys, do you keep YTD records for your final picks? Just curious. Thanks for all the effort this season. Hope the playoffs are a success for us all!!

Good stuff above, rt!!

Comment

Brian, I don't have that. I have stuff scattered all over the place & couldn't re-construct it even if I tried. I can honestly say I was below .500 thru Thanksgiving but did really well the last 6 weeks. Over at covers I believe I'm like 5th from the bottom...out of 5000 people...LOL. Played way too many plays, I think over 200. And played many early in the week but you can't change them later. Strayed totally away from my strategy & have to wait until next season to do it right.

Comment

rolltide, looking at #6 of your posting, if the team is at home they're only 4-5 s/u & 0-9 ats:

KillerSports.com

all 9 were on Sunday, too...as is GB/Dal...wow

Comment

Originally posted by BT View Post
                  Guys, do you keep YTD records for your final picks? Just curious. Thanks for all the effort this season. Hope the playoffs are a success for us all!!

Good stuff above, rt!!

I don't brian
                  ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

great stuff rt and like yours also john !

Comment

Originally posted by Riderx View Post
                      rolltide, looking at #6 of your posting, if the team is at home they're only 4-5 s/u & 0-9 ats:

KillerSports.com

all 9 were on Sunday, too...as is GB/Dal...wow
                      added total minimum and an opo * penalty parameter

* opo = opp previous opponent

0-3 (-22.17)

all over 20 pt covers and 2005 min/gb very close to today's side and total

gb opp (chi) had only 1 penalty last week

gb +7.5

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                        playoffs = 1 and p:playoffs = 0 and H and line >= -15 and -2 >= p:turnover margin >= -3 and op:turnover margin <= 2 and p:division = po:division and 10 <= o:wins <= 12 and wins <= 14 and o:PRSW >= 3 and PRSW <= 12

i loosened the parameters just a bit and another game popped up

playoffs = 1 and p:playoffs = 0 and H and line>-16 and -4<p:TOM<-1 and op:TOM!=3 and p:DIV and o:wins<14 and wins<15 and o:PRSW>2 and PRSW<13
                        16-12-0 (1.57, 57.1%)
                        11-17-0 (-2.25, 39.3%) avg line: -3.8 +6: 19-9-0 (67.9%) -6: 8-20-0 (28.6%) +10: 24-4-0 (85.7%) -10: 4-24-0 (14.3%)
                        1-27-0 (-6.27, 3.6%) avg total: 44.4 +6: 1-27-0 (3.6%) -6: 14-11-3 (56.0%) +10: 1-27-0 (3.6%) -10: 21-5-2 (80.8%)
                        26.5 109.6 33.1 197.4 20.6 1.6 4.6 5.1 3.4 6.4 19.9
                        27.5 118.1 33.4 213.4 20.0 1.5 4.5 5.0 3.4 5.3 18.3
                        Jan 14, 2024 view Sunday 19 2023 Lions Rams home -3.0 51.5
                        Jan 14, 2024 view Sunday 19 2023 Cowboys Packers home -7.5 50.5

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post

added total minimum and an opo * penalty parameter

* opo = opp previous opponent

0-3 (-22.17)

all over 20 pt covers and 2005 min/gb very close to today's side and total

gb opp (chi) had only 1 penalty last week

gb +7.5
                          Good lord, if the Cowboys lose s/u...wow...talk about a sh*tstorm in Dallas

Comment

We also have a really weird situation in the GB/Dal game: both teams didn't punt last week.

There are some where 1 team didn't, but not both:

KillerSports.com

There may be some back before the '02 re-align, but I am not going thru every playoff game manually...no f*ckin' way

Comment

Such a slacker, John!!

Comment

Working...
                              X