X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1a.jpg

I won't go big John but I'll play a regular bet, cause I hate surprises LOL

Comment

nice one john !! learned how to do the playoffs to boot..always confused me
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
        I'm gonna leave this here for anyone getting to work on Thursdays game. This is the query I've used for 20 + years to work the turkey day games. I'll bet there's a simpler way to do that now and I'd appreciate it you posted it on here or better yet in next weeks edition of the braintrust thread

Thanksgiving day games

1122<=int(str(date)[4:])<=1128 and day=Thursday and season>=2002 and H

for example HD's on thanksgiving are a paltry 2-24 su and 6-20 ats

1122<=int(str(date)[4:])<=1128 and day=Thursday and season>=2002 and HD

Work your magic gentlemen
        that's the way I do it tom
        ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

1a.jpg

I won't go big John but I'll play a regular bet, cause I hate surprises LOL
          BOL, Tom. Sorry, I meant the final score...

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
            nice one john !! learned how to do the playoffs to boot..always confused me
            Cool. Funny thing is I thought I got it from you...lol...maybe it was rolltide.

Comment

Adding: None of those teams made it to the SB. Eagles do not go back.

Comment

Originally posted by Riderx View Post

Cool. Funny thing is I thought I got it from you...lol...maybe it was rolltide.
                don't think I would've forgotten how to do it but not impossible ..probably rolltide

Comment

Damn dem Chiefs LOL, that was disappointing but tip of the hat to Philly punters, nice win

Glenn I tried some things over there with thanksgiving in the query and it produces results but not the ones I want to see

Comment

Yeah...can't account for dropped passes...same d*mn thing happened to Dallas when they played Philly

Comment

Damn dem Chiefs LOL, that was disappointing but tip of the hat to Philly punters, nice win

Glenn I tried some things over there with thanksgiving in the query and it produces results but not the ones I want to see
                      not sure I understand what you mean tom..is it representing thanksgiving in a different (more direct) way than the date range language or getting results using it the way we said in this thread ?

Comment

For instance Glenn

Thanksgiving and day=Thursday and season>=2002 and HD

or

Thanksgiving and season>=2002 and HD which just displays HD's any day

They ignore the thanksgiving input completely is what I found. I'd sure be interested to know a simpler way but I don't think there is one

Glenn or rolltide if you pm your email I'll send you some query info I've collected over the years that you may find useful. I sent it to Rider years ago but not sure what he does with it if anything. There is some useful stuff in there but you guys are pretty savvy here but are welcome to it

Comment

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
                          monday
                          week 9-12
                          away
                          3-9 win team
                          >=2 win streak
                          op: fumbles <=2
                          po: scored by the half

22-1-4 (7.35)

pretty unrestrictive..eliminate very bad teams and be on a 2+ win streak are the main ones

another interesting thing I found is this seems to flounder at exactly 3 point dogs (realize this one's close) where 3 of the 5 games are pushes (coincidence maybe) ..between the 2.5's and dogs >= 3.5 are where you want to be ..avg margin with these around 9

https://killersports.com/nfl/query?_...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

pha +2.5
                          Missed this somehow...

Good call, Glenn...

Comment

For instance Glenn

Thanksgiving and day=Thursday and season>=2002 and HD

or

Thanksgiving and season>=2002 and HD which just displays HD's any day

They ignore the thanksgiving input completely is what I found. I'd sure be interested to know a simpler way but I don't think there is one

Glenn or rolltide if you pm your email I'll send you some query info I've collected over the years that you may find useful. I sent it to Rider years ago but not sure what he does with it if anything. There is some useful stuff in there but you guys are pretty savvy here but are welcome to it
                            Yep...I still got it & refer to it every now & then. A lot of serious stuff in there which needs some serious dedication to it. That does remind me though that we have to use the date string for Thanksgiving.

Comment

Originally posted by Riderx View Post

Missed this somehow...

Good call, Glenn...
                              I found this afterwards john and thought it was comparable in strength..infrequently find 2 at a high level that i consider equally strong..then the one you found and I was with you on kc

https://killersports.com/nfl/query?_...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

Comment

think from now on when I find a conflict am going to boldface it in the 2nd post

Comment

Working...
                                X