Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanksgiving games

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
    Agreed JD, the same thing we had at talksport 25 years ago with the wild BS so we got 6 mods and cleaned it up same as you. We came here with the intention of blending in and contributing because it seemed we were similar minded people. We've never had anything like this happen in all those years as we go into each others threads and engage in discursive discussion pertaining to the matter at hand. I know you don't know us that well but we've been posting together forever and I can vouch for the maturity and character of everyone I brought over here, good honest people everyone of them. Personalities clash, it happens.

I think we need to end this now and stay out of this guys threads as you said period, I know the ones who have spoke to this will not have a problem with that what so ever which is their choice of course

Geez, I can't leave for 2 days without shit happening?

So does this mean that Denny will some day have to start a thread of his own???

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
      I agree Thomas.
      Participation in all information threads should be about the information.
      If the stats swing to one side. Yet someone can say well these stats back the other side...
      Then I don't think anyone would object to that being posted.
      I use to do a baseball thread that encouraged participating.
      Quite a few times there was info that endorsed my play or talked me out of it.
      I totally agree.. if somebody has a query that goes the other way I don't mind it being posted in my thread..I do prefer the argument to be sdql based though so it's an "apples to apples " comparison
      Last edited by bleeker; 11-26-2020, 06:31 AM.
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Thanks for your work and input, rt. Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

Jeez, I just went back and read the thread, start to finish.

I know rolltide from another board. He's a serious guy and excellent handicapper. Probably a good guy in real life. I don't know.

I know vern from "our" board. He's a fun guy and excellent handicapper and good guy too. He's offered a lot to our club over the years - golf trips and concerts and fancy schmancy meals. Like has been said already "Vern is one of us".

"Our" board was a lot looser than this board appears to be. But we all had fun and got along. Assholes weren't tolerated.

So I'm hopeful that we can work things out , tolerate each others' differences, have some fun and try to add to each others' handicapping abilities and results.

We can guys. Let's figure it out 'till we all understand one another and have a pleasant experience when we come here. WE can. And we will.

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X