• Show
Clear All

Re: NFL Playoffs 2016

Well done JJ
    Money won is twice as nice as money earned
    Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

I had these 2 plays in the AFC Championship game, after 20 points early the under was really never in doubt. Both defenses dominated...

$300 New England/Denver under 44.5 ​$WINNER$ (+300)
      $400 New England -3 (-120)
      New England struggled to score the first meeting, they were missing Edelman though and he is the ultimate security blanket for Brady, especially against teams that rush the QB as well as Denver does. Edelman is always open on those 7 yard drag routes, he is the best route runner in the league. Brady needs that quick outlet and should be able to dink and dunk his way down the field enough to beat the worse-than-average-at-this-point Manning. Even without Edelman the Pats may have won that first game except for a couple huge special teams plays and PI penalties. New England's defense is maybe the most under-rated in the NFL, they will keep Denver in 3rd and long all day and Peyton is incapable of deep passes, so the defense only has to cover a portion of the field. Playing D against the current version of Peyton Manning is kind of like playing red-zone defense, the end-line is a 12th defender in that case. The 12th defender for New England in this game is Manning's inability to stretch the field. Books will need at least a split on the favorites sides this week, which is exactly what they will get if I am correct on my 2 side plays. LOSER (-480)
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

This is my play in the NFC Championship game, the first line of my analysis says it all. If Arizona don't fix that we got zero chance...

$500 Arizona +3.5 (-130)
        The key to this game will be whether or not Arizona can protect Carson Palmer. If they do they should win this game because Carolina secondary is very weak in coverage besides Norman. Carolina gets beat deep too often and that is what Arizona does better than any team in the NFL. We all saw how easily Seattle marched down the field last week in the 2nd half, Arizona should score 30+ here against an over-rated Carolina defense that beat up on one of the weakest schedules in the NFL this season. Just think back to how Carolina's defense did against the better passing teams they faced. The Giants almost pulled a huge upset and scored 35 points. If they could have even slowed Carolina down they would have won that game. Same scenario against New Orleans, Brees lit up Carolina for 38 points, but the pathetic Saints D gave up 41. Fact: Carolina played only 5 games all season against top 10 ranked passing offenses, 2 games each against Atlanta & New Orleans and the New York Giants. They were 1-4 ATS in those games, they were 11-1 ATS in the other 12 games against basically bad passing teams. Arizona is the best passing offense they have faced all year, Carolina is done. LOSER (-650)
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

These were my plays for the Super Bowl...

$400 Denver +4.5 $WINNER$ (+400)
          $400 Denver/Carolina under 45.5 (-116) $WINNER$ (+400)

I saw the lines last night before I went to bed and immediately knew what sides I liked. I should have acted faster because when I went to bed the total was 45.5 at 5Dimes and is now 45. Definitely worth buying that half point back as 45 is a very commonly landed on number for NFL totals. Very few people are going to give the Broncos much chance to win in this game. The pre-game media blitz is once again going to be focused on the disparity between the QB's in this game. Manning vs. Cam Newton. I myself got sucked into that type of thinking when I took Brady over Manning. I am guessing if you asked Tom Brady in a vacuum where his teammates could not hear him, he would say that the Broncos had the better "TEAM", and certainly the better defense. I firmly believe that to be the case here. Denver has one of the best defenses this league has seen in a long time. Getting 4+ points seems like a bonus when you consider how good the Broncos' defense is. I see this game playing out to a similar script as the New England/Denver game. Had there not been a couple of turnovers in point-blank scoring range there may not have been 30 total points scored in that game. Carolina has defensive weaknesses that Denver will be able to exploit, especially if Thomas Davis is unable to go for Carolina. He is arguably one of the most important players for the Panthers' defense. I really can't see this line going up too much higher, the number 5 is almost a non-number in football. If it goes up to 5 it should come back down to 4.5.

Comment

These were the 3 props I had today...

$250 Tolbert over 8.5 yards rec. LOSER (-275)
            $150 E. Sanders over 69.5 rec yards (-125) ​$WINNER$ (+150)
            $150 D. Thomas under 5.5 recept. (-120) $WINNER$ (+150)

Comment

Great finish to another solid year!

Comment

Way to finish strong JJ
                Money won is twice as nice as money earned
                Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

JJ you are as solid as they get!! Nice way to end the year!

Comment

Way to go JJ. Very well done
                    Happy to be the first member of this great forum. Thanks TIS!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X