• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: horse plays

Originally posted by bleeker View Post
    remington

R7 #3 sugarlicious (3-1)
    R8 #1 fredonian (4-1)

delta downs.. sorry.. always double check numbers, names and in this case track.. try to be as careful as possible but I do make mistakes every now and then
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

belmont

R6 #2 one time around (12-1)
      R8 #6 made you look (2-1)
      R9 #3 hudson overpass (10-1)

keeneland

R4 #7 mr sarinana (12-1)

R5 #6 wicked solution (12-1)**
      R5 #11 busby spring (30-1)

**two horses

R6 #1 front door (3-1)

a hole trainer finally puts this horse at a level he can win

R7 #3 one step (4-1)
      R8 #9 wexx (15-1)
      R9 #4 urban insight (6-1)

meadowlands

R2 #5 second bite (6-1)
      R3 #7 keeneasabean (5-2)
      R4 #2 laura's patriot (5-1)
      R6 #1 paul cane (5-1)
      Last edited by bleeker; 10-25-2019, 11:35 AM.
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

finished

Comment

looks like keeneland will be sloppy so skip or do little of that.. put this up for now and will be looking at the rest of the card

belmont

R2 #10 unrelenting force (10-1)

love those even (slight fade) running lines as a prelude to stretching out to a route.. above average turf top bottom, gets castellano.. trainer low % but big roi first route and first grass

R3 #9 lovey dovey (9-2)
          R4 #2 moonlight now (10-1)

breeder/owner freid has been involved in this game as long as I can remember and he has top horses.. this one no exception pedigree wise.. big improvement 2 back and I'll give him a pass for poor effort last out.. trainer excellent from a large sample turf to dirt and blistering works of late.. think #6 big boy mo (10-1)also worth a smaller play.. all speed pedigree and working quick

R5 #4 seismic wave (5-1) lower

significant class relief and jockey upgrade

R6 #7 tiberius mercurious (3-1)

meadowlands

R2 #1 midnight justice (12-1) lower
          R3 #10 haatchi (15-1)

parcells owns the favorite #2 five alarm robin (9-5).. he's won a few on the grounds lol.. but he'll be 2-5..mine's a boom or bust type on the front end

R4 #8 multiple (8-1)
          R5 #7 anytime anyplace (3-1)
          R6 #5 calling cairo (10-1)

will have more
          Last edited by bleeker; 10-26-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

through 5

Comment

added meadowlands 2 3

Comment

finished meadowlands

Comment

added bel 6

Comment

churchill (off the turf)

R1 #3 memory moment (6-1).. 10 mtp
                    R3 #4 cigar box (8-1)

ny a sloppy mess so not going to bother

R4 #9 first course (6-1)
                    R5 #1 alex joon (10-1)

firster who cost a lot for the average pedigree specs

R6 #7 alcools (10-1)
                    R8 #9 social afleet (15-1)

R10 #3 wheat king (6-1)
                    R11 #1 never forget (8-1)
                    Last edited by bleeker; 10-27-2019, 02:20 PM.

Comment

through 5

Comment

finished...not a lot of time to the upcoming race..sorry

Comment

Bleeker hope all is well and your horse plays been going good! Was wondering do you like and horses for the breeders cup this weekend. I like to lock in some future plays before the weekend. Get better odds. But nothing is really jumping out for me. Thanks Jim

Comment

hey jim.. well as you probably know they're doing the post draw now.. i'm always a little torn about that.. while I'm anxious to look at the pp's there's another side that likes to wait a little so there's something to look forward to the preceding two days before.. for the most part though i wait to look at the pp's for the races rather than a horse in mind going in.. think the latter is more what you are referring to.. the only real opinion I have going in is " code of honor" in the classic.. think he's a super talented horse who will possibly be a leader in the division next year

if I look and see anything wednesday or thursday I'll let you know.. maybe the latter is too late anyway..I'll check back in either way on wednesday

Comment

Ok thanks bleeker.

Comment

FRIDAY BREEDERS CUP @ santa anita

I play these days like any other day.play horses I think will offer value vs ones that I think are most likely to win..will land on the favorite occasionally but so far I haven't..will look at saturday either tomorrow or thursday

R1 marathon @ 1 3/4 miles GII (not a bc race)

#2 american tattoo (4-1)

interesting pletcher would try this spot with a horse who has never run anything close to this distance.. might be the speed of the speed (only 1 other #4) and if not maybe irad can get positioned outside and wait to make a move late.. both he and talamo know a speed duel benefits no one.. pedigree definetly route oriented

i would play the pre-breeders-cup races lighter.. hate going in to the start of the bc way down and more than happy to make a little less if they work out.. that's just me.. R4 two horses I always recommend going 50% more than what you'd bet on one divided by 2..$10 bettor go $8 win on two horses.. I wouldn't bet place when I play two horses

R2 #4 opus won (8-1)
                                R3 #2 almost a factor (15-1)

R4 #1 club aspen (15-1)**
                                R4 #8 great ulysses (8-1)

**2 horses R4

R5 juvenile turf sprint

#1 chimney rock (10-1)

wish it wasn't the rail but impressed what this one has done at 3 different venues including the difficult KD

#6 alligator alley (12-1)

like R8 going with the 3rd or 4th best euro resume

R6 juvenile turf

#2 structor (5-1)

mention a lot in my writeups horses who cost a lot relative to their pedigree specs and this one definitely fits the bill.. not borderline either as cost an extraordinary amount of money..broke maiden first out at saratoga at two turns on the turf pressing an absolutely tepid pace.. next out he was able to win a G3 stakes stalking a fast pace... for a 2yo consider that an impressive feat to move forward like that over consecutive races especially it being his first 2 races

#5 vitalogy (10-1)

able to break his maiden first start in a 16 horse field in ireland.. followed that with a decent 4th by 3 lengths in a G3 stakes in britain... 3rd career start(G1 woodbine) finished a decent 3rd breaking from the rail in a 12 horse field.. last start (4th career) broke from 14 post at keeneland in a G3 and finished a fast closing 2nd by a neck.. really like that he's run in big fields and has had to deal with extreme posts and run well.. obviously much better post today

R7 juvenile fillies

#2 two sixty (15-1)

again another whose extraordinarily expensive for the pedigree and has paid off on the investment handsomely.. guess how much she cost ... $260k lol.. totally amazed at this morning line as her race in the florida stallion stakes was better figure-wise (pace and final) than anybody in here on the brisnets.. really think it's the lack of respect for those races that gets you this high a ml but I'll take it.. might be the speed of the speed and if not, hopefully can settle in and sit a nice trip.. hasn't had to do that yet but at what will hopefully be a big price willing to take that chance

#8 k p dreamin (20-1)

this one I consider a little expensive for the pedigree (not like the others).. think her debut was a perfect setup race for the stretchout maiden breaker in her 2nd start..chased two of the lower odds horses in here (1,9) around in a G1 here last start and finished a respectable 3rd by about 3 lengths.. the pace in that race was very slow which probably compromised her chances quite a bit.. obviously a positive that she's been over this surface

R8 juvenile fillies turf

#1 living in the past (15-1) by new sire "bungleinthejungle" lol
                                #3 shadn (10-1)

nothing fancy here.. going european but with what I consider the 3rd and 4th best resume.. never know with the trip over and a host of other things that can go wrong over the course of a race.. too easy to take the top two euros imo who will offer no value (5,9)

R9 juvenile

#5 scabbard (8-1)

would gladly take 8-1 on this guy..pedigree,what he's done in his 3 races and jockey upgrade think that'd be a bargain
                                Last edited by bleeker; 10-31-2019, 11:28 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X