Anyone here watch wrestling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here watch wrestling

We use to have a lot of members that did. I started in pro wrestling when I was only 14. Went from sound guy, ring announcer and time keeper to working in matches at 16. I was blessed to work with Terry Funk, Bobo Brazil and The Sheik. Later on it was with Butch Reed, Ron Simmons, Al Snow and Sabu.
    Got to later work with Edge and Christian when they started.
    At 18 started my own promotion where we ended up being one the highest drawing in the Midwest. I booked legends like Tito Santana, Greg Valentine, Jimmy Snuka, King Kong Bundy, The Bushwackers, Don Muraco, Ken Patera and Mick Foley. Gave matches later on to CM Punk, Rhyno had one of his first matches with us. We're still friends 25 years later. Former UFC champion Dan The Beast Severn was responsible for me getting to meet my wife. Because he was late to an autograph signing.

I was real close to signing with WCW on a 4 year deal to work on creative for Thunder and PPV's. But Eric Bischoff got fired and since I never signed the contract, it was voided.
    Left wrestling in 2001 after my daughter was born. Still try to be a fan and the only way you can really be in that business is to be a fan.

The product in the last few years has really gotten stale. WWE or for that matter Vince is creatively bankrupt. New upstart AEW is not investing in creating new talent and instead following the blueprint that killed WCW.

Was just curious if any of the current members watch pro wrestling.

At 70yrs. old i was a huge fan of the AWA.........The Crusher,Bockwinkel, The Baron,this is also where the East West connection got started (Hogan& Ventura) but my absolute fav was Mad Dog Vachon did such great interviews with Marty O'neill & mean Gene Okerlund dont really care for all this crap today.

Comment

In the Bay Area wrestling at the Cow Palace in San Francisco was a big deal. Pat Paterson, Ray Stevens, Kinji Shibuya,Pepper Gomez, Jerry Monte,and many others. Was a great time going there.

Comment

How about the REAL legends, like Antonio Rocca, Killer Kowalski, Happy Humprhey, Haystacks Calhoun, Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers. Somewhere I have a bunch of old Ring magazines and Wrestling Revue. The good old days.
        Money won is twice as nice as money earned
        Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
          How about the REAL legends, like Antonio Rocca, Killer Kowalski, Happy Humprhey, Haystacks Calhoun, Nature Boy Buddy Rodgers. Somewhere I have a bunch of old Ring magazines and Wrestling Revue. The good old days.
          Killer trained a lot of talent still working today.

Comment

Ric flair changed my life. WOOOOOOO!!

No better. Ever

Comment

Originally posted by vern View Post
              Ric flair changed my life. WOOOOOOO!!

No better. Ever
              He's a legend.

Comment

Ric Flair went to high school in my home town
                Wayland Academy
                His last name is Fluehr

Comment

Gawd...great memories from the late 60's, 70's & 80's...started watching on a small black & white tv...good sh*t, man. Can't watch today's stuff...tried watching on Fox on Friday night just over a month ago...5 minutes was enough, had to turn the channel.

You just reminded me of this series I watched a few months ago: Tales From The Territories - Every Episode #talesfromtheterritories - YouTube

Comment

Working...
                  X