Why I Hate Most Service Play Threads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why I Hate Most Service Play Threads

Long story short. We had close to 4000 members and one day I decided to turn this forum private.
    The biggest reason is 99% of the members we dumped treated the newsletter and service plays board like a soup kitchen.

This happens at almost every other forum. People begging for services every damn day. Even funny is asking for a handicapper who doesn't even have a play for sale. They don't know this, because they don't check the handicappers website. Why would they, they have no intent to ever purchase plays.

We have a zero tolerance rule here for that nonsense. Since we post everything we get are hands on, we never hold anything back.
    We have members who purchase picks, post them to share, or message me to post them for them.
    I have had members stop contributing when we had people begging for plays. It came down to do you keep the freeloader or the person that actually contributes.

When we first put in the no begging rule. People tried to be creative by using these tactics.
    Is Root posted and I missed it.
    Does anyone want to pick up Budin and I will get it next time (Of course they never did)
    What does Marc Lawrence have today ?

So if you're new here. All the above is why that rule is in place.
    Now many forums have tried to follow what we did with the "no clutter" rule and of course failed.
    Those forums need income from the sports books to stay in business.
    As you probably noticed we don't have any sports books promoted on here.
    Never was a fan of getting paid money based on what the members lost money on.
    That's right. Those affiliate accounts pay you 20 to 25% of the losses from each person that signs up thru your banner.

Re: Why I Hate Most Service Play Threads

Comment

OMG !
      Today's highlight was someone bitching that the wrong Ben Burns plays were posted on another board.
      The person said that they lost significant money on betting on the wrong plays.

Got it.
      So you have a significant amount to bet. But not enough to buy your own subscription.

Comment

You can't fix stupid.
        Money won is twice as nice as money earned
        Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
          You can't fix stupid.
          No shit !

Comment