Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Update and a Thank you

JD
    Just read about your daughter. I'm so very sorry the she and your family are having to go through this. As a cancer survivor myself, I know that miracles can happen. My prayers are that such a miracle visits your daughter.

Comment

Originally posted by Tosh7686 View Post
      JD
      Just read about your daughter. I'm so very sorry the she and your family are having to go through this. As a cancer survivor myself, I know that miracles can happen. My prayers are that such a miracle visits your daughter.
      Thank you Tosh. Glad to hear your a survivor.
      Down the road I may contact you about a project I'm going to be doing with our daughters hospital.

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with your daughter and your family JD.

Comment

Getting ready to bring our daughter home for Christmas

Comment

Glad to see you can have Christmas at home with your daughter. Continued prayers for her recovery.
            Money won is twice as nice as money earned
            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

My thoughts and prayers are with you Gamer during this Christmas time,glad your daughters home for Christmas..We are all praying for her and your Family... Vincent
              Vincent

Comment

Sorry I have not updated this in awhile. We have been really busy with the holidays, sons birthday and numerous doctor appointments.
                Since the bad seizure she had that put her back in the hospital and has put her back to square one with physical issues on her left side. There has only been real minor ones.
                The plan is for her to be admitted on 1/21 for two days just for a test to record any seizure activity.
                I wish I had more to update. But there just isn't anything new. My guess is they will do new MRI's and CAT scans at the end of the month.
                Currently that is when she will be finished with this round of radiation.
                Prior to her seizure. She was able to walk on her own again and was even able to come down to the basement and hangout down here.
                Since then she can only walk in short distances with somebody holding her hands. So she has to do 4 hours of PT during the week.
                Add that in to the 5 days of radiation and numerous doctor visits.

With all I have been through with my health and the health of members of my family. I try to take a different viewpoint on life than most.
                I try to find something positive in anything that's negative.
                These boards are famous for people blowing up over the smallest things.
                I would hope the people that do that take a second and understand that somebody somewhere else has much bigger problems.

This is how our daughters last week played out.
                One of our dogs had to be put down. It was her favorite out of the two we had and probably all time favorite.
                With her treatments. She started losing her hair a couple of weeks ago. Now she never got her hair cut her entire life.
                Just a little trim and style.
                Finally she just asked if it was OK if Mommy could shave the rest of her hair off.
                The rest of the week she had numerous appointments, 5 days of radiation and physical therapy.
                On top of all that the temps were in the single digits here.
                Even more piling on she began home schooling.
                But through it all. She still can find time to smile

This is her and I right after radiation on Friday.

As a father you are suppose to give your kids lessons in life.
                She has actually taught me so much these last couple of months.
                Be happy with what you have and don't complain about what you don't have.
                No matter how bad things get. You can sit and complain or you can just face your problems and deal with it.
                Through all the bad times. You can still find happiness.
                This child has only broken down once during all that she has been through.
                Now Mom and I have probably broken down a few hundred times.
                It took seeing her brother cry to finally break her down.
                But not until after she hugged him and told him it would be OK.
                Now that is a hero in my book.

Comment

Game - tears in my eyes reading what you wrote ... you are so right that she is a hero ... your daughter, as well as you and the rest of your family, continue to be in my prayers - God Bless ...

Comment

Thanks for the prayers and the kind words Zeb.

Comment

Praying hard for your daughter. Hoping to hear good news soon. Stay strong.
                      Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Prayers continue to be sent to your daughter, you and family. God Bless.

Comment

Thanks Joe. That's what we keep doing here. Hoping and praying for good news while trying to make each day great for her.
                          When we took that picture. Mom was off ordering tickets to see her favorite comedian Gabriel Iglesias for his show here in March.

Tuesday she has her meeting with the reps from Make A Wish. So they can get things in motion.
                          Wish number 1 was to make a cake with Buddy the Cake Boss. Number 2 was to meet Gabriel.
                          I already got her an autograph from him. I think I can pull off her second wish on my own.

Also trying to get a hold of Mick Foley who will be a couple of miles from the hospital on 1/21.
                          Going to see if he can stop by and visit with her. Hospital is already cool with him coming by late at night if shows up after his show.

Comment

Keep doing the positive things. Buddy better come through for her.
                            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Brother still keeping the Faith for your Daughters speedy recovery. Lets make 2015 Truly A Happy New Year
                              Satch

Comment

Stay positive my friend,your daughters name is in our church prayerbook and in my prayers don't hesitate to ask if you ever need anything even an ear to listen, remember i've been there and back twice,my love and prayers to you and your family.......DB

Comment

Working...
                                X