NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ROUND 1 SUNDAY APRIL 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NHL STANLEY CUP PLAYOFFS ROUND 1 SUNDAY APRIL 30

Okay guys let's have some fun with this, it's the best time of year. We will have a POD with these playoffs right through to the middle of June.

In addition to the POD's, in this round one you may pick up to two series plays, that just need to be posted before the series starts, not necessarily Monday is where I am going. There are no double plays, just one game pick daily. Same rules for the type of play, pucklines, moneylines, totals, team totals, live betting, just stuff I can find in the box score please.

As usual I'll tally the standings. Good luck and let's post some winners!

Oh and also, a special prize to the playoff winner!

Standings:
    Gambrinus +245
    dollars -55
    Thomas -140
    Puckluck -189
    Sherriff -471
    rolltide -586
    ----------------------------------------------
    Pending Series Plays
    Gambrinus
    Devils -120

rolltide
    Bruins -320

Sherriff
    Bruins -370

Thomas
    Bruins -333

Saturday--
    Sherriff
    Rangers -128 W

dollars
    Devils +110 L

Gambrinus
    Devils/Rangers U5.5 -125 L

Thomas
    Grand Salami OVER 18.5 -114 W
    Oilers Series -263 W

rolltide
    Kings +148 L

Good luck tonight!

BOS u6.5 -124 fd
    Last edited by rolltide; 04-30-2023, 10:16 AM.

Comment

1a.jpg

Maybe these are my saving grace Brock lol

Comment

Tom whatever saving grace you have for your plays, toss some the Bruins was because they need it.

Panthers +1 +130 (BAS)

Comment

Avalanche/Kraken 1P U1.5 goals -118

Comment

Kraken +172

Comment

Said a prayer tothe Hockey Gods.

Good luck, Brock!

Comment

Kraken +205

Comment

Sorry man. I should have stayed out of the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelangelo View Post
                    Sorry man. I should have stayed out of the thread.
                    Patriots rule on Boston sports radio Jim 12 months a year, but this will be talked about for some time.

Comment

Originally posted by Puckluck View Post

Patriots rule on Boston sports radio Jim 12 months a year, but this will be talked about for some time.
                      I'd love to hear your take, Brock. Were they tight when challenged for the first meaningful time all year? Did the coach come up short when it counted? Why the Game 7 goalie change? Did that make sense?

Curious to hear your perspective. I just don't know enough about the intricacies of the sport to even begin to assess what went wrong.

It was a heartbroken city of Boston today.

Comment

I'd love to hear your take, Brock. Were they tight when challenged for the first meaningful time all year? Did the coach come up short when it counted? Why the Game 7 goalie change? Did that make sense?

Curious to hear your perspective. I just don't know enough about the intricacies of the sport to even begin to assess what went wrong.

It was a heartbroken city of Boston today.

Here's a list Jim, different things that have crossed my mind on a Monday night:

Atlanta Braves syndrome---Didn't play convincingly great down the stretch but clinched early. Like Bobby Cox's teams, once the playoffs hit, the team they were facing just made it into the playoffs and were in that playoff mode. Boston, hardly.

Paul Maurice vastly outcoached Jim Montgomery. They got in the Bruins face and were not intimidated by them one bit. Maurice sold them, you were one of two teams that beat Boston twice, no reason that doesn't continue in the post season.

Goaltending change, I'm not hearing a lot about this....but....Yale's Alex Lyon played well in the final games of Florida's regular season but was in over his head in the post season, he's not a long term solution for Florida. Thought Sergei Bobrovski played excellent.
                        Boston's Euro goalie played tremendous in the regular season. but got hurt and was tired down the stretch. Montgomery should be canned just alone on how he handled his tandem.

There's a lot more Jim, but I have to wrap some stuff up. We'll talk more about it. Unless they can do what they did after the gag in 2010 to the Cup in 2011, this will haunt this franchise for a long time. Wish the Fenway group had bought them and not the Penguins.

I mentioned Euro goalie (Ullmark) because I have some opinions on them.

Comment

Thanks for your response, Brock. I respect your views.

After the Celtic loss last night the Garden needs an exorcism! Damn.

Comment

Thanks for your response, Brock. I respect your views.

After the Celtic loss last night the Garden needs an exorcism! Damn.
                            Yeah Jim that wasn't good either. Atlanta not in the same class and the line said that too.

What is it with Joe Mazzulla? Does he not realize you can't carry time outs over to the next game?

Comment

Working...
                            X