Puckluck +18
    Big Sam -8
    Gambrinus -65
    Thomas -232
    MeestermikeD -235
    Eagle -300
    rolltide -300
    regular guy -735
    Last edited by Puckluck; 01-31-2021, 09:48 PM. Reason: Standings added.

Re: NHL POD MONDAY FEBRUARY 1

Tom when you say that about yourself you go 2-0. Nice when your total goes OVER in the first period

Comment

LOL no shit on that Brock, I'm on a roll haha. You know back in the 70's I could have told you everynight who was gonna win and how many goals would be scored. Big fan back in the day of the rumble and tumble league, everybody I knew had a 10' satellite dish and we watched hockey . But as expansion added teams the league got less and less 'violent' I slowly lost interest. I can remember the game that changed hockey forever when Wayne Gretzky got KO'ed at the blue line with his head down. Pretty sure it was the leafs and I don't remember who hit him, and it was a clean hit, but he never played another game and the NHL changed forever, sad. Won't ever apologize for loving that kind of hockey and I can see how things have become faster and more skillful but the tough guy lunch bucket guys were what hockey was all about and I miss it. But I am getting a renewed interest that's for sure

Wow found a video of it

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=way...%3DrtjLMha0LJk

Comment

# 41 Vancouver +1.5 puck line (-160)
        ytd (11-3) (+625)
        gL2all !
        kick your man this week

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
          LOL no shit on that Brock, I'm on a roll haha. You know back in the 70's I could have told you everynight who was gonna win and how many goals would be scored. Big fan back in the day of the rumble and tumble league, everybody I knew had a 10' satellite dish and we watched hockey . But as expansion added teams the league got less and less 'violent' I slowly lost interest. I can remember the game that changed hockey forever when Wayne Gretzky got KO'ed at the blue line with his head down. Pretty sure it was the leafs and I don't remember who hit him, and it was a clean hit, but he never played another game and the NHL changed forever, sad. Won't ever apologize for loving that kind of hockey and I can see how things have become faster and more skillful but the tough guy lunch bucket guys were what hockey was all about and I miss it. But I am getting a renewed interest that's for sure

Wow found a video of it

https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=way...%3DrtjLMha0LJk
          Yep covering the game as I do, believe it or not, the high school game here in the states is most physical. Then, the higher you go up the ladder, the less physicality there is. I hated the gooning Flyers mentality of the 70's. Sorry wasn't a fan of that type of intimidation. On the other hand I love good hitting and although not adamant of having fighting (the NCAA games shows hockey can be exciting without it), I don't mind the fighting as a part of paying back someone who cheapshots or just experiencing the emotion of the game. Don't like the fighting at the end of periods or games when a team, like the Sens were last night, are getting their asses whipped. Take it like a man and get off the ice. Bottom line is I'm not a fan of the WWE style hockey and glad it's gone. Think the Bruins and Nordiques were the last some 30 years ago to have a bench clearing brawl. Love the huge fine for the teams if that happens. Ironically hockey doesn't have them anymore whereas the NBA. MLB and the NFL, to an extent do/does.

https://www.hockeysquawk.com/video-t...oston%20Bruins.

I had the same thing happy to me. Was skating through center ice and in front of my bench and was receiving a pass with my head down and woke up 60 seconds later. My coach told me that'll teach you. Now it's a blindside hit and a suspensions. Same with boarding, forward turn towards the boards and anyone checking them is asking for 5 & a game misconduct. It's become a PC sport, if that's possible.

Comment

MTL -1.5 +150

Comment

Pens/Rangers OVER 6 (-118)

Comment

After last night, I'm going the route of Retired Ref tonight with the half goal and a half and wow, just realized the same game:

41 Vancouver +1.5 -160

Good luck tonight!

Comment

Working...
                X