Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should The Ravens Release Ray Rice

From rotoworld.com
    Yahoo! Sports' Dan Wetzel has been "texting with team officials around the NFL," and the belief around the league is that the Ravens will release Ray Rice.
    We don't typically use Wetzel as a source, but his words are worth noting. According to the multiple team officials he was in contact with, they believe the Ravens simply "have to" release Rice after the video of him knocking out his then-fiancee in a hotel elevator in February came to light on Monday. If the Ravens were to keep Rice rostered, pay him, and play him, they'd face severe backlash. Current players and ex-NFL players have already taken to Twitter calling for Rice's head. There's a real chance Rice may get cut and never play again.

Re: Should The Ravens Release Ray Rice

Comment

I won't watch the video as the thought of a guy punching a woman in the face (twice) sickens me. Can't watch it. As a Ravens fan I hope the team acts before the league does. I was trying to give Rice the benefit of the doubt and rationalizing that if she forgave him (and married him) after this happened why can't i forgive him? He's been a great professional up to this time in his career. Knowing now how violent his actions were, I'm out of the Ray Rice fan business. He needs to go. It's the only way the Ravens can move on. The whole situation is really sad in many respects. If the NFL had seen the full video earlier and is now denying it, I think the owners should fire Goodell as well.

I pray for her sake it doesn't happen again.
      NFL 2014-2015
      Overall 13-11-1
      Playoffs

MLB 2014
      134-99-3 +30.89
      2* 2-2

Comment

Originally posted by GreatLaker View Post
        I won't watch the video as the thought of a guy punching a woman in the face (twice) sickens me. Can't watch it. As a Ravens fan I hope the team acts before the league does. I was trying to give Rice the benefit of the doubt and rationalizing that if she forgave him (and married him) after this happened why can't i forgive him? He's been a great professional up to this time in his career. Knowing now how violent his actions were, I'm out of the Ray Rice fan business. He needs to go. It's the only way the Ravens can move on. The whole situation is really sad in many respects. If the NFL had seen the full video earlier and is now denying it, I think the owners should fire Goodell as well.

I pray for her sake it doesn't happen again.
        Honestly I didn't even watch the entire video and had second thoughts about even posting it.
        I will be 45 next month. Which I don't think is all that old...
        But I don't think in my first 35 years on this planet I have heard about 5 women getting hit by a guy.
        Seen it done once in person and smacked the asshole. Only to get hit from behind by the victim.

Now you hear about these type of things every other week.
        I don't know how the NFL can say they didn't see this video. I find that hard to believe.
        Even more so after them coming out and talking about getting tougher on punishment for players involved in domestic violence.

If the Ravens cut him. What team would even think about picking him up ?
        Watch this clown get cut. Sue the Ravens, The NFL and the players union.
        Win or settle all 3 for more then he could have earned playing.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          Honestly I didn't even watch the entire video and had second thoughts about even posting it.
          I will be 45 next month. Which I don't think is all that old...
          But I don't think in my first 35 years on this planet I have heard about 5 women getting hit by a guy.
          Seen it done once in person and smacked the asshole. Only to get hit from behind by the victim.

Now you hear about these type of things every other week.
          I don't know how the NFL can say they didn't see this video. I find that hard to believe.
          Even more so after them coming out and talking about getting tougher on punishment for players involved in domestic violence.

If the Ravens cut him. What team would even think about picking him up ?
          Watch this clown get cut. Sue the Ravens, The NFL and the players union.
          Win or settle all 3 for more then he could have earned playing.
          That very well could happen. Regardless, fear of a lawsuit can't keep Bischotti/ Newsome from doing the right thing. The right thing for the team, right thing for the league and the right thing for a society that sees shit on Jerry Springer and thinks that behavior is right and ok.
          NFL 2014-2015
          Overall 13-11-1
          Playoffs

MLB 2014
          134-99-3 +30.89
          2* 2-2

Comment

I am totally sickened by domestic violence by men against women, I'll start by saying that. I also have never raised my hand to nobody unless they hit me first. I was kicked in the head and given a concussion and a fractured skull in a bar fight I did not start nor even take swing in. My question is this? What employer in the real world fires there employees for their employees being convicted for domestic violence. I don't think I would lose my job, and am pretty sure Ray Rice would not be fired if he worked my job. This newly released video didn't change my opinion of what happened that day. I saw the first video where he was dragging her out of the elevator unconscious and was disgusted. Anyone that saw that first video should not have needed to see the actual punch to believe he knocked her out. I connected the dots immediately, I knew what he did. What did the Ravens?NFL think happened just before that elevator door opened? Did they REALLY believe she passed out or fell? Come on! Give me a break.
            "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
              I am totally sickened by domestic violence by men against women, I'll start by saying that. I also have never raised my hand to nobody unless they hit me first. I was kicked in the head and given a concussion and a fractured skull in a bar fight I did not start nor even take swing in. My question is this? What employer in the real world fires there employees for their employees being convicted for domestic violence. I don't think I would lose my job, and am pretty sure Ray Rice would not be fired if he worked my job. This newly released video didn't change my opinion of what happened that day. I saw the first video where he was dragging her out of the elevator unconscious and was disgusted. Anyone that saw that first video should not have needed to see the actual punch to believe he knocked her out. I connected the dots immediately, I knew what he did. What did the Ravens?NFL think happened just before that elevator door opened? Did they REALLY believe she passed out or fell? Come on! Give me a break.
              See this is the problem I have and your kind of in the same ballpark.
              If the NFL or the Ravens seen this video or not. They had to at least have a clue to what happened.
              Now that it's public and there is an uproar over it. They may actually release him.
              So the message is. Everybody was OK with what he did. But now the world knows and now your going to take a stand.
              As fucked up as it sounds. It will be on that ground he wins the lawsuit.

Comment

Goodell is a phony!! The cat made $44 million in 2012 and the NFL is a non-profit organization.

He cares about the players health and wants to avoid concussions. Let's add two games to the season!!

Then Rice does this and he swears he never saw the video. Oh, but the oh so powerful influence of TMZ can get it even after you probably had made an attempt to get rid of it.

As long as there are guys like Rodger Goodell, Guys like Ray Donovan have a job.

Comment

Was away on a long phone call. So missed that it was done...

Ravens released RB Ray Rice.
                  The move comes hours after video surfaced of Rice's brutal February assault of his fiancée (and now wife). The Ravens had previously shown unconditional support for their longtime No. 1 back, but Yahoo's Dan Wetzel reports Rice's version of events "didn't match with the video." In other words, he lied to the team and commissioner Roger Goodell. It's still disconcerting that all parties involved knew Rice had knocked out his fiancée, but weren't sufficiently shocked until seeing the video. Considering the mounting outrage against the league's handling of domestic violence and Rice's declining on-field play, it's quite possible he's played his final NFL snap.

Comment

I agree at this point and time, it does seem like how can he ever be a public figure again. Then again, the Rams are probably looking for a QB and the dog killer may be on their short list.

Comment

Kick his ass out of the league. What if it was your daughter?? Scum

Comment

In watching the video, I think she knocks her self out on the rail??? Just saying, not condoning.

Comment

fuck Ray Rice - he's a punk on the field and a woman beater off the field.

Comment

Working...
                          X