No announcement yet.

Fantasy Talk Week 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven Jackson (thigh) has been officially ruled out for Week 3.
    "It's short term," coach Mike Smith said of Jackson's absence. "Don't know if that's two or three weeks." It means Jackson will almost certainly miss Week 4, and may not be seen again until after Atlanta's Week 6 bye. It leaves the Falcons with just replacement-level talents Jacquizz Rodgers and Jason Snelling at running back. Rodgers should see by far the most touches, but Snelling should get looks near the goal-line.

Comment

The Boston Herald reports Danny Amendola (groin) will not undergo sports-hernia surgery, and is expected back in a "few weeks."
      Slapped with a vague 2-6 week timeline in anonymous reports, there's now a chance Amendola may miss only 1-2 more games.

Comment

Heath Miller (knee) practiced in full Wednesday and could start Sunday night against the Bears "barring any setbacks."
        The Steelers and Ben Roethlisberger need Miller back as soon as possible. Miller is Roethlisberger's safety valve and reliable red-zone target. Coach Mike Tomlin hinted Monday that his tight end could be ready to play this week.

Comment

MacDaddy:

Is Moreno available in your league?
          Last edited by bluegoldflu; 09-18-2013, 08:11 PM.
          A man's gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
            I have Vick and McCoy as well. Week 8 is going to suck. Really need a foster injury as I have Tate on my bench.
            I'm playing in 3 leagues (which is way too many by the way and I'll never do it again) but it seems like we have similar players. I have Vick, McCoy and Tate as well. Luckily (we'll see after Monday's performance) in the league where I have Vick, I have Kaepernick too. I can't cheer for anyone to get injured but sure would like to see Tate get some action.
            A man's gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoldflu View Post
              I'm playing in 3 leagues (which is way too many by the way and I'll never do it again) but it seems like we have similar players. I have Vick, McCoy and Tate as well. Luckily (we'll see after Monday's performance) in the league where I have Vick, I have Kaepernick too. I can't cheer for anyone to get injured but sure would like to see Tate get some action.
              I think Tate will see some more touches going forward.

Weird trade today with Richardson going to the Colts.
              Probably made a few of his owners happy.

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoldflu View Post
                MacDaddy:

Is Moreno available in your league?
                No he isn't
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
                  I think Tate will see some more touches going forward.

Weird trade today with Richardson going to the Colts.
                  Probably made a few of his owners happy.

Anyone else like McGahee w/Browns to be a RB4 or RB5 in a standard league?? I just picked him up to wait & see...

Comment

Just sent a trade offer of Ryan and D.Williams for WR V. Cruz.Ryan has 25 more points than either one of his QBs and he is also in need of a RB.I honestly don't think he will accept the offer,buy stranger things have happened and you never know unless you try!
                    2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                    5* 6-8
                    15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                    10* GOY 1-0
                    5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                    5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by TheMule View Post
                      Anyone else like McGahee w/Browns to be a RB4 or RB5 in a standard league?? I just picked him up to wait & see...
                      Not a bad move if you have room.I still can't believe he wasn't on someones roster before this.
                      2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                      5* 6-8
                      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                      10* GOY 1-0
                      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                      5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                        Not a bad move if you have room.I still can't believe he wasn't on someones roster before this.

I thought you would try to sell Vick high, not Ryan... as who knows how long Vick will last.

Comment

Reggie Bush (knee) admitted he hasn't been cleared by team doctors yet and did not practice Thursday.
                          Speaking on the radio Thursday morning, Bush did say he's "optimistic" he'll get clearance in time to play Sunday. "I feel a lot better than I thought I was going to be feeling at this point in time," Bush said. "My knee feels pretty good. It's a day-to-day thing right now. Thankfully, I avoided anything serious that might have required surgery or being out for a long period of time."

Comment

Coach Chuck Pagano said that newly acquired Trent Richardson will play in Sunday's game at San Francisco.
                            When asked how much Richardson will play in Week 3, Pagano said, "As much as he can handle." The Colts didn't give up a first-round pick to let Richardson idle behind Ahmad Bradshaw. The playbook at the running back position is among the easiest to pick up, meaning T-Rich could see the majority of early-down work right away.

Comment

If I had room I would grab and stash him. As long as he is healthy he should get the bulk of the touches out of the back field for them.
                              I'm sure they will not worry about keeping his miles low. You have to imagine they grab a QB and RB with next years first round picks anyways.

Comment

I thought you would try to sell Vick high, not Ryan... as who knows how long Vick will last.

Yea, I just couldn't force myself to offer him up right now,but if he counters I might pull the trigger as Rivers is still available and is the #4 QB at the moment in our league and plays Oak,Denver,Dallas,Wash and Ind in which should be some higher scoring games.

It would be nice to get a quality WR as it is my weaker spot
                                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                                5* 6-8
                                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                                10* GOY 1-0
                                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                                5* 18-12

Comment

Working...
                                X