It's a wrap...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's a wrap...

Went over to family's house on Sat. & we watched the SB Sun. night. I had SF-2 & Under 47' (1-1) but I have to say the game was one of the most difficult for me to cap & pick a side. In the braintrust before the CC games, I had posted a play on KC+4' & s/u & the teams that were in that system went 4-0 s/u in the SB. So I was torn. KC or SF? Too many systems on both teams. Books were massively heavy on KC+ & KC m/l. But the ultimate factor for me was KC "felt too comfortable". If anyone knows what I mean, 9 out of 10 times those bets lose. It also looked too easy. SF felt uncomfortable. And those are usually the winners.

I had a certain system that called for SF to be up 10-0 after the 1st-Qtr. They took the opening drive down the field & then...someone who rarely fumbles, fumbled & turned the ball over. That very play on the opening drive told me I was in for a long night.

The talking heads are trying to blame the loss on this play or that play, but it was a collective effort. And the KC win needs to be credited to the KC defense & special teams. Just the blocked xtra point was huge. And I do not agree with Mahomes being the MVP. That honor should go to Butker.

Anyways, finished the playoffs 20-13 ats, o/u & m/l dogs. Profit.

Now that I have the time, I will start going thru all my boxes of work over the decades & will be ready for the '24 season from the word go.

I really enjoyed the collective effort of everyone every week trying to find winners. That's what it's all about. Beating the man. Winning.

btw...it will be interesting to see how much the books lost on the SB. More than $23 billion legal bets & most on KC+ & KC m/l? Books had to take a huge hit.

It was a great game overall despite some turnovers and bad decisions. Can't wait for next season already ... especially if you're saying you've got a higher gear to kick into!!

I heard the books made $6mm. A "fireable" amount was the quote I heard. Meaning someone, or someones, would be fired for such a paltry amount based on the size of the overall handle. Not sure how accurate that is but that's what I heard.

Til next season!!

Comment

Nice Playoff record, John.

San Fran had ample opportunities to get that win but they kept choking. That McCaffrey fumble was a killer. Opening drive all the way deep into the red zone only to cough it up. No points. Then with the lead they pick Mahomes at about midfield on the first drive of the second half only to go three and out. They all out abandoned the run in the second half, the run that had given them a nice offensive balance in the first half. Three and out. Three and out. Three and out. Passing almost every play (or trying to). Of course Kansas City was then able to tee off on Purdy. And why didn't they have any quick hitters for Purdy to utilize to take advantage of that ferocious pass rush. Nothing. He held the ball way too long most of the time. By the time he released it they were on him and disrupting the throws. Still no runs. Then they missed the crucial extra point that would have forced KCy to get a TD instead of settling for a tying extra point late in regulation. Don't forget the 4th Q muffed punt that set the Chiefs up for their first TD of the game. And of course the San Fran D just sucked as they let the Chiefs drive down the field in OT and score the winning TD after San Fran had taken a FG lead.

Of course I'm gonna credit the Chiefs too. For everything that the Niners did wrong above, Mahomes and Co took advantage. The cream rose to the top like a lot of the guys here predicted.

I also had the Niners. But I really did find that game hard to handicap. Even with all the great work you guys did on it. Oh well.

See ya next year John. Unless you want to join us on one of the other boards. Some of us go on. The more participants the more enjoyable it is. Think about it.

Comment

Working...
      X