• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stinkers Week 17

Wk 1 /// 8-4 +388
    Wk 2 /// 9-2-2 +711
    Wk 3 /// 7-4-2 +298
    Wk 4 /// 3-7-1 -414 (It's a very humbling game we play)
    Wk 5 /// 4-8 -442 (two consecutive ugly weeks)
    Wk 6 /// 4-7 -337 (still in the plus for the year but now three consecutive losing weeks. Need a turnaround this week)
    Wk 7 /// 6-4 +186 (that's better)
    Wk 8 /// 7-5 +178 (I'll take it)
    Wk 9 /// 5-5 -14 (kissing my sister)
    Wk 10 /// 10-6 +406 (totals did me good)
    Wk 11 /// 5-7 -224 (three half point losses! Ugh)
    Wk 12 /// 4-9 -530 (When the favorites go 12-4 I'm screwed!)
    Wk 13 /// 6-4 +185 (that's better.)
    Wk 14 /// 6-7-1 -132 (think everyone on the board won except me!)
    Wk 15 /// 3-10-1 -747 (No excuses. Just wasn't seeing things right. Sorry.)
    Wk 16 /// 7-4-2 +305 (Had a great bounceback week going - until Christmas Day's 0-3. That's what I get for betting on Christmas!)

Comment

NY Jets +7 -105 (@ Cle)
      Anybody remember that the Jets got a whopping 150 yds in penalties last week when almost blowing a 27-7 third quarter lead ? This is National TV tonight. They have nothing to play for except pride. Expect them to wake up and get their acts straight for their families and friends watching around the country like they did in Week 1 on Monday night on national TV when they beat Buffalo 22-16.

Comment

Last week, the Cleveland offense was Flacco to Amari Cooper over and over again.
        This week, Flacco faces an actual NFL secondary. Sauce Gardner and company are nothing like last week's Texans defense. Go Jets and GL this week.

Comment

Saturday:

Det +4' -104 (@ Dal)

Comment

Add Sunday:

Patriots +14 +102 (@ Buff)
            Bailey Zappe is 3-0 SU and ATS in his Patriot road starts. In all three wins the Pats were lined as dogs. +2' @ clev in 2022; +6 @ Pit in 2023; and +7' at Denver in 2023. This team hasn't quit. They are going to need to win the turnover battle. Both Cook and Allen are vulnerable to turnovers. Bills are 0-6 ATS their last six as DD favs.

Arizona +13 -110 (@ Philly)
            What's wrong with Philly? Five straight non covers. How about a -7 turnover differential. As stinky as they are the Cardinals have a -1 turnover differential, including a +3 road differential. Kyler Murray, like Justin Fields, is playing for his future. Too many points.

Chicago -3 +100 (vs Atl)
            Atlanta is 2-4 SU; 2-4 ATS on the road this year. The Bears are 4-0 SU; 3-0-1 ATS their last four at home. Fields is playing for his future in Chicago. The D is improved since their trade with Washington for two more rushers. Bears claw Falcons.

Jacksonville -4 +101 (vs Car)
            Carolina is 0-8 on the road this year. After consecutive games against tough guys, Cincy, Clev, Balty, and Tampa in their last four Jax gets to step down to where they can get a much needed win. Beathard (yea Beathard) should ignite the spark that had disappeared under golden boy, Lawrence.

Baltimore -3 -113 (vs Mia)
            Sure, normal teams could easily let down here after beating most people's number one team in San Francisco last week. But Balty is not a normal team. They are 9-1 over their last ten games. Do you really think they will let down against a team, Miami, who beat them in both 2022 and 2021?

LA Rams -6' -104 (@ NYG)
            The Rams haven't scored less than 24 points in their last ten games. The Giants have scored a grand total of 2 TDs in Tyrod Taylor's two starts this year @ Buff and home to Wash. Barkley is the G men's best weapon. The Rams have allowed one team to run for more than 100 yds in their last six games. That was when they went to overtime at Baltimore and Lamar ran for 70 of the 139 rushing yds Balty put up.
            Last edited by Michelangelo; 12-31-2023, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Comment

Add late Sunday afternoon:

Pittsburgh +4' -108 (@ Sea)
                Ride Rudolph. Ride. Christmas ain't over.

Kansas City -7 -105 (vs Cincy)
                The Chiefs allowed not one, but two defensive TDs last week. Things are pretty much at the breaking point there. It's time for every friggin body on that team to be pissed.

Comment

Comment

Add Sunday night:

Green Bay +1 -109 (@ Minny)
                    Payback. Minny got the first one with Kirk Cousins going down near the end of the game in Week 8. Tonight it's rookie fifth rounder Jaren Hall against a settled in Jordan Love. Give me the "veteran".

Comment

fuk it...

I'll join you Mich... Let's Go!

Comment

Great day, Jim. Congrats...

Happy New Year!!!

Comment

Thank you, John.

Happy and healthy 2024, bro.

Comment

Great week, Jim. Congrats! And happy new year!!

Comment

Thanks, Brian. Needed a day like that. Happy 2024, Brian.

Comment

Working...
                              X