Don't forget: Nissan Field Matrix Helix turf

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't forget: Nissan Field Matrix Helix turf

Hey guys, just a reminder that the Titans aren't playin' on natural grass anymore; they're smokin' that new synthetic sh*t...made with cork & cocnut husks. Just a consideration for any of you/us that do any cappin' with lines & totals on grass vs. turf:

Tennessee Titans players voice frustration of playing new turf field (tennessean.com)

"The product in question

Not all turfs are created equal. Nissan Stadium's new Matrix Helix turf is made of monofilament fibers with "shape memory technology." These fibers are engineered to spring back after impact and shaped so that the infill below the turf — in this case, cork and coconut husks — aren't dislodged as easily. That in turn creates more stability for players cutting and colliding in all directions. This is a contrast to looser or less forgiving surfaces such as slit film turf, a surface the NFLPA has argued needs to be banned outright."

The Vols played their season opener on that field.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
      I wonder if the NFL is going to force all teams to use grass fields.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
        Thanks for the info.
        I wonder if the NFL is going to force all teams to use grass fields.
        I don't believe they will...less than 1% chance for many reasons. Money for one, offense for two, convenience for three... Multiple team stadiums (LA & NY) will never do it. Gone are the days of playin' in the dirt, as real football should be.

It will be interesting to see the Chargers & the Titans play this Sunday. Herbert on a fast track? Lights out.

Comment

Working...
        X