Dolphins @ Niners - Wk 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dolphins @ Niners - Wk 13

Seems like once a season, the Dolphins have a game that I just can't see a path to a W (not that I don't expect them to lose multiple games each year!). That's the case this week. The biggest factor for me is the Dolphins will be without starting LT Terron Armstead. The line has been a mess the past few years and Armstead has been a huge stabilizing force. A pro. Williams has been a good addition at C. Overall, the line play has been much improved. Now Armstead is out during a critical 3 game road stretch, 2 on the west coast (we'll see how many games he misses). Add to it that starting RT Austin Jackson was injured last week and is listed as questionable. Even if he plays, how close to 100% will he be? Tua and that electric offense can look pretty pedestrian without a solid O line. Same for any team and QB.

I've heard a number of pros backing Miami, especially with a number over a FG, so I'll stop short of saying they can't cover, or even win. But I just don't think we're going to see the same offense from this team with Armstead out. And the Niners are playing great football, especially on D. I know their offense struggled last week but they have weapons everywhere. Guess all I'm saying is watch out for the Dolphins this week. I wouldn't be surprised if they look ordinary with a depleted O line, on the road all the way on the west coast, and against a real good football team. Hope I'm off on this one!

BT,
    Thanks for your thoughts. I'm taking the 49ers this week

Comment

Good shit BT

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the local perspective, Brian.

The latest is that Armstead could play. Are you hearing this? Will watch closely.

Also, in support of your Fishies:

Teams off a home shutout win (SFo) are 11-16 SU and 8-18-1 ATS.

Good luck, bud.

Comment

Here’s the latest I’ve heard, Jim. Guess we need to keep an eye on it. But I’m guessing even if he plays, he won’t be near 100% and probably doesn’t finish the game.

Dolphins coach Mike McDaniel indicated LT Terron Armstead (pec strain) won't have surgery and could play in Week 13 against the 49ers.

Armstead has reportedly said he is aiming to play in Week 13, though that may be an optimistic projection. The initial report on his pec strain said the team hoped he "would be back on the field at some point relatively soon." That still sounds like he is expected to miss some time. Armstead is no stranger to playing through injuries, but he is likely on the wrong side of questionable for Week 13.

Comment

Friday afternoon --

The Dolphins resisted ruling left tackle Terron Armstead out after he missed practice the last two days and Friday brought some positive news about Armstead’s outlook for Sunday’s game against the 49ers.

Armstead is listed with pectoral and toe injuries — the pectoral is thought to be the bigger issue this week — but head coach Mike McDaniel said at his press conference that Armstead would be doing some work at Friday’s practice. Reporters at the open portion of the session confirmed that Armstead was on the field.

The injury report will bring official word on his participation level and his designation for Sunday.

If Armstead can’t play, the Dolphins will be without both their starting tackles. McDaniel said right tackle Austin Jackson is out with an ankle injury.

Comment

Should've waited a few more minutes .... Armstead is listed as doubtful and Jackson (RT) is out. Uggghhh. I feel bad for Tua and worry about him getting hit. McDaniel will need to scheme to run the ball and get the ball out of Tua's hands quickly - jet sweeps, drag routs, etc. Line is sitting on 4.

Comment

The Dolphins have a few giant advantages. First, Mike McDaniel knows everything about the 49ers. Coaching next to Kyle Shanahan for his entire professional career, McDaniel should know some angles to exploit. Second, the Dolphins have the SF playbook, smuggled out by Jeff Wilson and Raheem Mostert. Finally, the fish have Tyreek.

Armstead is not just any injury. When he's not playing, teams get 2x pressure rate on Tua. Tough to execute an offense with no time.

The 49ers haven't given up a 2nd half point in 4 games, dating back to week 7. I asked the database about teams on a 4 game run of 2nd half shutouts like the 49ers: 4-1 ATS.

BT, I share your fears about Miami. It's strange though, as I don't want SF either. Waiting for another shot at Miami +4

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by omar View Post
                      The Dolphins have a few giant advantages. First, Mike McDaniel knows everything about the 49ers. Coaching next to Kyle Shanahan for his entire professional career, McDaniel should know some angles to exploit. Second, the Dolphins have the SF playbook, smuggled out by Jeff Wilson and Raheem Mostert. Finally, the fish have Tyreek.

Armstead is not just any injury. When he's not playing, teams get 2x pressure rate on Tua. Tough to execute an offense with no time.

The 49ers haven't given up a 2nd half point in 4 games, dating back to week 7. I asked the database about teams on a 4 game run of 2nd half shutouts like the 49ers: 4-1 ATS.

BT, I share your fears about Miami. It's strange though, as I don't want SF either. Waiting for another shot at Miami +4

That’s some good stuff Omar. Thanks for your thoughts. I’m really expecting the Miami O to struggle tomorrow but we shall see. Tough to lose 2 tackles and still be “normal”. Can you ask the database the same question but also add when a team loses its 2 starting tackles?!?

Maybe they don’t miss a beat and McDaniel (why no s… it’s so annoying!!) leans on his knowledge of all things 49ers. Good luck Omar!

Comment

"Oh Ye' of Little Faith"

BT.

KillerSports.com

Miami s/u

Comment

Originally posted by Riderx View Post
                          "Oh Ye' of Little Faith"

BT.

KillerSports.com

Miami s/u
                          John, I'm embarrassed every time I have to ask these questions, but here goes. What does that query say?

Comment

Originally posted by Riderx View Post
                            "Oh Ye' of Little Faith"

BT.

KillerSports.com

Miami s/u
                            Never question your data mining skills, X, and I love to see this. But … BUT … my play is based on the O line missing its 2 starting tackles. Think it will be too much to overcome. But turnovers, solid D (matched by an inefficient Niners O) and McDaniel’s knowledge of the 49ers may get it done. I’m sure hoping I lose my money on this one! Good luck today!

Comment

what was the basic rule of investing? if you are not sure ... DON'T DO A FUCKING THING GUYS!

if you think you will lose then just donate it to charity aka church

Comment

Working...
                              X