Are the Dolphins for real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are the Dolphins for real?

As a lifelong Dolphins fan, I have to say, I'm really enjoying this week after that crazy comeback against the Ravens. I'm just soaking up the unexpected win and all of the love the talking heads are pouring on the team. It's been a long time since we've had a win like this one. Tua is terrific! McDaniel is the next young genius coach! Etc., etc., .... Hell, ESPN has the Phins power ranked 5th this week! Crazy! But I'm just living in the moment ... maybe someone on this site would say living life by the drop!! But are you really buying the hype? Maybe Tua will turn out to be legit. And maybe McDaniel will be the right guy for the job. But here comes the juggernaut freight train from Buffalo this Sunday, them and their 7 game win streak against the Dolphins. It should certainly be a contrarian play this week but I think I'm riding with the squares. Reversal to the mean. So are you riding the wave and swimming with the Fish again this week or are you taking the chalk and the favorite Bills? Maybe it's the decades of incompetence by the players, coaches and staff, and mainly, the prick owner, but I just can't believe they are legit. Guess you know where I stand (to be fair, I also bet on the Ravens last week, so what do I know?!?!). I bet the game Sunday afternoon, right after that glorious comeback by the Miami Dolphins!

Buffalo -4.5 Looks like a good # as it's already up to 5.5 as I post. Make me regret it, Miami. I'd be happy to pay the bet!

I like Miami against the Bills.
    Bills beat up Miami last year. Time for some payback I think. And they have the horses to do it.

Comment

Glad you enjoyed last week, Brian. That was exhilarating (made better because I had the Fish) but all those sugarplum dreams that come with such an explosion will be dashed this week.Buffalo right (injuries can change things fast for any team in this brutal league) now is in a class by themselves. You can make the case that both their offense and defense are right at the top of the league..If Miami can stay in this game 'till the end you've not only got a team but you've got a title contender. But I think the Bisons come to town and bring some reality with them. They've beaten you guys seven straight. Not much of a stretch to think it'll be eight.

The one caveat is the weather down there. Extreme heat tilts in your favor but I'd still have trouble not pulling the trigger on Buffalo.

Good luck, bro.Just my two pennies.

Comment

Back to the future. Giants are 2-0, Dolphins are 2-0. Reminds me off the 80's. What next...Phil Simms & Dan Marino?...

BOL. Anything can happen. That total is LOUD!

Comment

Tiger, Jim, Rider ... thanks for the replies.

Tiger - indeed, the question is does Miami have the horses to keep pace. The weapons are there on O, but the D will have to patch some holes. With Byron Jones still out at CB, they need some secondary help. And the run D and special teams certainly didn't look great against Balt.

I'm with you, Jim. As bad as I want to be wrong, this Buffalo team looks special early on. And they are being driven by that playoff loss to KC. 7 straight wins against Miami and Allen has owned the Dolphins.

Rider - ah, the 80's WERE great! So was Dan the Man!! Hope you're doing better, bud!

Comment

Hey BT,

Tyreek Hill vs Stephon Diggs. I think we're gonna' get one hell'uva shootout, possibly 1,000 yds total combined. 90-degrees & humid as sh*t, some of the d-backs gonna' cramp up tight!

Comment

Originally posted by Riderx View Post
              Hey BT,

Tyreek Hill vs Stephon Diggs. I think we're gonna' get one hell'uva shootout, possibly 1,000 yds total combined. 90-degrees & humid as sh*t, some of the d-backs gonna' cramp up tight!
              Yep, it's gonna be hot and humid. That's Miami's twelfth man.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelangelo View Post

Yep, it's gonna be hot and humid. That's Miami's twelfth man.
                I agree, Jim. It is an advantage.

Rider - great point, but Hill cramped up late in the Balt game. 82 degrees. Had to go into the locker room for fluids early 4Q. Obviously it worked. Just wonder how he'll handle it in Miami.

Comment

Comment

I think Miami is legit and this is a statement game

Miami 38
                    Buffalo 27

Comment

Originally posted by Bigtiger View Post
                      I think Miami is legit and this is a statement game

Miami 38
                      Buffalo 27
                      Now you got me fired up, bigtiger! I sure as shit hope you're right. I'd be happy to lose my bet!! Still don't see it, but I hope you're right!

Comment

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills will be without multiple defensive starters for Sunday's early AFC East battle at the Miami Dolphins, as cornerback Dane Jackson (neck), safety Micah Hyde (neck) and defensive tackles Jordan Phillips (hamstring) and Ed Oliver (ankle) have been ruled out.

Comment

Originally posted by BT View Post
                          ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills will be without multiple defensive starters for Sunday's early AFC East battle
                          Injuries are getting my attention here. If the Buffalo secondary is missing players, then bombs away for Tua.

Comment

Nice win Phins...

Comment

u beat beat the bills...u'r for real in my book! go tua!! i root for the local hawai'i boyz! :)

Comment

Working...
                              X