Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Severe health problem

Hey guys,

This is the last thing I want to do but I have to ask for help now. I've been out of work since February and filed for disability in March. Had to start a go fund me:

https://gofund.me/2db7e817

God Bless You,
    John

Hey Rider I'll start it off brother. You've been a good internet friend who has helped many of us with your tireless contributions over these years and I hope your message will reach the many people we've been close too. Get well !

I hope people will click on your link above and see the horrific spot you find yourself in, God Bless

Comment

Thank you Thomas. Many of you are like me & have been in the workforce since the 1970's or earlier (weird to say been in the workforce for 6 straight decades) & many have developed health problems. But this is something totally new & disturbing as it's also about personal freedom & independence since I literally can't do much of anything now, let alone try to work a job. We've all gone through seriously tough times before in our lives & I have to say this entire year is the toughest ever so far. My spirits are high & I'm keeping the faith; I'm like Trump - you can't get rid of me ;) Thank you brother. John.

Comment

God Bless you.

Comment

Originally posted by p8nter57 View Post
          God Bless you.
          Thank you for your help & support sir. It means the world to me.

John

Comment

This is where I worked since March of 2015. Ran the day shift robotic tinning operations:

https://www.tintronics.com/

Comment

Hopefully people will start coming by for the start of football this week John and help out.

Comment

Hey Rider... sorry to hear of this.

You're a longtime brother here with us and I'm hoping things take a turn for the better soon. Like Tom said, we'll be getting more traffic soon and that should help.

Please keep in touch!

Comment

Sorry to hear about this Rider. Been chatting a lot with you past many years here and other forum, and always been a pleasure. As Tom mentions you have helped a lot and contributed a lot without demanding anything back. So happy to help you out the way i can, in the struggle you are in.

You guys been working since the 1970s and maybe earlier ? No wonder you all are senior members in here. You are all some old geezers
                  I feel so young in here. Love it

/ Carsten

Comment

Sorry to hear about your Health problems Rider. I hope you're able to recover soon.

I always looked forward to your posts. They were a treasure trove of info in the NFL.

I donated a bit to your fund raiser. Hope it all works out.

Make sure to keep your Vitamin D level up. It can only help.

Comment

dollars, cains & tigerman: Thank you all for your help & support. If it ain't one thing it's another, my laptop crapped out on me Monday but was able to get it runnin' right today except Chrome wouldn't work. I think my Microsoft locked out my Google...no doubt. Using Edge now, we'll see how well.

Thomas, I can't thank you enough.

Comment

Just signed on Rubatex. Sorry to hear. Donated to the kitty. Keep your chins up!
                        Drop

Comment

Hey Drop, you're friggin' awesome. Thank you sir. I can breathe a sigh of relief.

I've gotta' give a shout-out to Khai, also. Thank you.

Comment

Hey John, we go back a long way, brother. Right through virtually all the Talksport / Scoresline years to CC now. I've always enjoyed your "stuff"..Instead of sending my donation to Trump this year I'm gonna send it to you.(that might make a few guys here happy! haha). I also have COPD and it scares the shit out of me because like you I need to work for a stack of reasons. It would kill my soul if I couldn't work anymore at what I've done for the last 38 years. Many look forward to retirement. I look forward to my next day's work. So my heart goes out to you, bro.

I don't do Paypal or any such. And I don't want to put my credit card on the net, I'm pretty much a cash dinosaur. So if you could PM me an address, I'll scratch out Trump's name from the check and send it to you. And I stop into a chapel in Boston when I can park. You'll go on top of the prayer list. Keep breathing, bro. And exercise as best you can even if it's only walking around as much as you can. That keeps the airways open as much as they can be.

God speed, brother.

Comment

Thank you, Mich. PM is sent.

You bring up a good point which I didn't even think about: go fund me is limited in the ways to help. And ol' school guys like doing things the way we've doing them all our lives.

I will update my go fund me page in the next few days but in the meantime here is all of my contact info. I don't care who sees it:

John McKinnon
                              6257 Rime Village Dr NW
                              Apt #107
                              Huntsville, AL 35806

My phone number is: 256-682-9130

I do have PayPal & my bank account accepts Zelle.

I should've thought of that earlier. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
                              X