2021 Gambletron 5000 Picks Super Bowl

Results from Week Conference Championships:
    ATS: 1-1-0 (50.00%) $-1.00
    OU: 1-1-0 (50.00%) $-1.00

Results Year To Date:
    ATS: 134-146-3 (47.86%) $-266.00
    OU: 131-150-2 (46.62%) $-340.00

Super Bowl Predictions
    Week Date/Time Favorite (Predicted-Line) Actual-Line Underdog (Predicted-Score) Actual Total (Predicted-Total) Total-Pick
    ------------------
    21.22 Sun 18:30 Rams (-2.50) -4.0 (BENGALS) (24-22) 49.0 (45.50) U

This is using Zero(0) as the Home Field Advantage

Home Team is UPPER CASE.
    Favorite is on the Left. Underdog is on the right.
    Predicted score is (favorite-underdog)
    Predicted point spread winner is in parentheses.
    The predicted point spread winner and over/under pick could change as the lines change.
    The predicted line, predicted score and predicted total will never change.

That was the best set of playoff games yet.
    The Bengals are the home team even though the game is being played in LA.
    I don’t have a dog in the fight. I'm neutral.
    I have Bengals and Under.
    I’m going with GT5K.
    It’s weird that the Rams are favored.
    The line should be Zero.
    However, a part of me is rooting for Matt Stafford.
    This game will probably end with a walk off field goal.
    The best scenario is if the Rams win by less than 4.0 and the Bengals cover.
    Bengals and Under is the safest bet.
    Last edited by RalphZero; 01-31-2022, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Hey RZ,

Thanks for all your hard work & posting it all during the year...

I was under a similar impression as I thought the line would be "pick'em" or -1, but then I thought about it. I'll explain:

Last year is still fresh in everyone's mind. TB went out & got a top QB, then added a top WR, hardened-up their D', then made it to the SB & played it at Home & stomped KC.

This year: The Rams went out & got a top QB, then added a top WR, hardened-up their D', then made it to the SB & are playing it at Home...

Exact same blueprint as last year...so with last year's SB still fresh in peoples' heads...books said: "Hey, we have to open the Rams as a 'decent' fav just because of last year."

It's what I call a 'perception line'...they are in their Home stadium & it doesn't matter if they are the designated 'home' or 'away' team & what uniforms they wear. That's just a distraction.

In otherwords, I believe it's a true 'trap' line, but I may be wrong & the NFL may have other plans, if you know what I mean.

I also look at week 18 as Cincy laying down at Cleve...essentially a 'Bye' before starting their playoff run...they got rest, the Rams didn't...blowing a huge lead vs SF, losing in OT...then blowing-out a woeful Ariz team on MNF in the WC-round, almost blowing a huge lead at TB & were in a dogfight vs SF again...barely winning by 3 but had to outgain the 49'ers by more than 100yds, had 0 sacks & only 2 penalties for only 10 yards. They got issues.

The Bengals seem to have only gotten stronger as the playoffs began...beating a red-hot Raiders team, then beating the #1-seed on the road, then beating the #2-seed on the road. That is stout!

Have a feeling this is going to be one hell'uva fight from start to finish. No holds barred shootout.

BOL...

Comment

Sun 18:30 Rams (-2.50) -4.0 (BENGALS) (24-22) 49.0 (45.50) U

I'll take those results!

Comment

Comment

Working...
          X