X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDQL guys

Hi

Soon its NFL time again. :)
    Can see sportsdatabase and killersport is discontinued from september 1st.. :(

There will be a https://s3.sportsdatabase.com/ instead.
    Do i read it right thats its just a place where i can make my own database? Meaning all the data from sportsdatabase is gone...
    Or is it just me not understanding anything?

Please help and tell me im getting it all wrong, and everything will be just fine. :)

Hey Carsten, I personally have no idea whats going on over there but it sure looks confusing. Was hoping someone would pick up the old system and continue as usual but I'm lost with whats going on. Maybe Gambrinus can fill us in a bit at some point

Comment

Hi Tom.
      Fingers crossed it will continue .. Hope someone with knowledge can chim in at some point. :)
      Finally got my script working with sportsdatabase, so its even more sad its over. :(

Comment

Hey guys, I've been working hard to load all the NFL data into a new database that Joe provides. It should have everything you're used to. At first, it will be a simple, but give you the info you need. I just want to get it working for the NFL season. I have plans for new cool stuff, that will come soon after. I hope to have a test site rolling soon. Then on to NCAAFB! Maybe CFL too.

Comment

that's terrific gambrinus.. look forward to seeing it
          ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Originally posted by Gambrinus View Post
            Hey guys, I've been working hard to load all the NFL data into a new database that Joe provides. It should have everything you're used to. At first, it will be a simple, but give you the info you need. I just want to get it working for the NFL season. I have plans for new cool stuff, that will come soon after. I hope to have a test site rolling soon. Then on to NCAAFB! Maybe CFL too.
            Thanks for that John and if there's any way I can be of help with your project just let me know

Comment

Tom, if you're serious I can use help. Can you see if you can find a source that published CFL data? I have the NFL, I'm looking for an NCAAFB data source. I have one, but it's really complicated and a lot of work to use. I have nothing for the CFL. To put it in a nutshell, we need a source that can provide the Game Parameters at the bottom of the page below soon after the game completes going forward.

https://sportsdatabase.com/cfl/query

The truth is I won't start on CFL until the NFL and NCAAFB are working.

Comment

Ohhh. Gambrinus is THE John. . Awesome. Im following some of the correspondence in the google group between you and Joe. Wish i was able to help in any way.
                Im not sure i understand 100% whats going on. Is Joe stopping what he was doing ? If yes why can't others just take over / buy the database and continue? I never knew how the update of the database is done if it's manually or automatic. Manually then its a hell of job thats been done. Same with automatic to find all the data in the right format as well actually.

Comment

CAINS: since 1998 i was the linemaker on those 2 MTI sites (killersports / sportsdatabase) in 5 sports (NFL NCAAFB CFL NBA MLB) with line access to 2 other sports (NHL NCAABB) IF i saw lines that were woefully inaccurate as they were on auto feed. LAST Year Joe told me he wuz simply gonna retire, leave it up to ED to takeover,,,i tried to talk Joe into at least doin COLLEGE annnd NFL football THIS 2021 season BUT he said NO, i even offered to MANUALLY put ALL them scheduled games in the database AND the scores, which i DID for 2020 season when he said NO feeeetball at all for 2020 (TALK about a LOTTA work, including division 2 games) ANNNNNNND he said OK to that so ALL them CFB final scores, lines, totals, scores by quarter were ALL manually put in database by me,,,,,i sent a note over to Gambrius on 7/26 about my input BUT have heard nuthin' back from him, i just HOPE he's able to complete the work....i have heard N-O-T-H-I-N-G from ED, like ZIPPO,,,,,guess 25 years of loyalty DON'T buy much these days,,,

Comment

Hey Player, I did not see your note. I checked my messages, and don't see it. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
                    Last edited by Gambrinus; 08-07-2021, 06:14 PM.

Comment

Thanks for Reply.
                      PLAYER: DAMN.. That is a lot of work entering all that in manually. Insane task you took there. I just i was better at programming than i am. Still so new to me i can't do much to help. :( It must be possible to get most of the data automatic, and get it from recommended sites as well for small fees. But dont know where. :( Please do tell if there is anything i can help with, then i will see whats possible. Hate to see when good ideas and large projects goes south :(

Comment

Gambrinus
                        Do you know how i can get a user and token for the API ?
                        Have tried posting in google group with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by cains View Post
                          Gambrinus
                          Do you know how i can get a user and token for the API ?
                          Have tried posting in google group with no luck.
                          post in the discord channel, you'll get a response. there's a SDQL questions section and a general chat section which should help you

the server is called SWAG = Sports Wagering Analytics Group

Comment

Originally posted by rolltide View Post

post in the discord channel, you'll get a response. there's a SDQL questions section and a general chat section which should help you

the server is called SWAG = Sports Wagering Analytics Group
                            Can you help me out with a link to it ? Cant find it. :(

Comment

Originally posted by cains View Post

Can you help me out with a link to it ? Cant find it. :(
                              https://discord.gg/BqD9kxggjc

Comment

Working...
                              X