The baton passing ceremony

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The baton passing ceremony

this is it men. The end of the Brady era. My gut is Brady retires after Mahomet bloodies him here.

There is zero question who the 🐐 is. There is also zero question as to who is the best qb currently playing the game.

Bucs will hand around like San Fran did but in the end Mahomie will lay it down and that will be it.

Kc going away. Not sure how much yet. Alot

Re: The baton passing ceremony

I agree with everything you said there, vern, except about Brady. I think he's more likely to retire if he wins this game than loses it. But I think he's back next year regardless. But hey, I'm throwing a party the day this guy officially retires from the league! He's tortured me for 20 years. Much respect but he gotta go!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comment

I agree, Brian. If Brady wins he is more likely to retire. But win or lose, my money says he's back next year.

My eye says that Brady's arm hasn't lost a thing as improbable as that may be at 43 years NFL ancient.

This isn't Peyton Manning his last year with Denver. Or Drew Brees who needed Jameis Winston to come in and throw the over the top pass for him.

I did a little homework. These numbers say to me that Brady's arm is as good as ever:

Tom Brady numbers this year compared to his illustrious past:

Comp percentage of 65.74 only eclipsed by more than a point twice in his career.

40 TDs thrown this year only eclipsed once in his career (2007).

20+ yd passes thrown number of 63 only eclipsed once in his career (2011)

Where's the decline?

Comment

its over rover. mahomie is the new sheriff.

been a hell of a ride but you can see he has lost a step. still puts him 12 steps ahead of most, but not the kid.

kid has as many or more weapons. and a lost coin flip chip on his shoulder.

kc minus here.

Comment

I agree with Jim on Brady but this thing won't have much to with him, he'll play his game like he always does. As vern pointed out this comes down to the superkid against the TB defense plain and simple. Before the Buffalo game where they scored 38(Bills 24) the Chiefs scored 22 (Browns 17), 21(Chiefs 38 (L)), 17(Falcons 14), 32(Saints 28), 33(Dolphins 27), every game within 6 points. Also before the Buffalo game they failed to cover their previous 9 games. This team is hardly invincible and they're one good game plan away from a loss but once again the kid is just what we know he is, super... But to think Brady is incapable in this spot is wee bit temerarious imo. Slow down the KC offense and this will be one hell of a game !

Comment

hear u but kc is doing the lebron dynasty thing. they laid down the last quarter of the season. they were about to run away from the browns until reid went batty and ran an option.

i think they cruise here but kc does have line issues.. and it is brady.

shoud be one to remember

Comment

Should be a Hell a of game!

Comment

Like Brady, Mahomes is just better in the playoffs. It's another notch up. I don't think Brady is as good as he was. He's still better than most but not as good. He threw THREE picks Sunday agaisnt GB and GB scored ZERO points off those INTs. One of those picks was just to avoid getting hit - he just threw it up. That's a rookie mistake. KC won't squander any of those opportunities they get. The big question for me is the O line for KC. Without Fisher, who will solidify that tackle spot? We say GB have OT issues moving Turner from guard to tackle. The Bucs D line is no joke. I think against almost any other QB, they'd be successful. But blitz Mahomes, and he burns you. Get him outside the pocket, and he makes a play. Take away the deep ball, and he dinks and dunks and his WRs/TEs/RBs all have speed and skill for YAC. Take away the underneath, and they burn you deep. I just don't know how TB stops Mahomes barring an injury or the O line having issues. But they have 2 weeks to prepare that line and for Mahomes to rest up. Maybe I'm drinking the Kool-Aid but it's the Chiefs for me.

Comment

Working...
                  X