Important Please Read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important Please Read

As most of you know we had issues with the forum the last 24 hours.
    This was because of our hosting company. I guess something went wrong with our server.
    What that does I don't know. I still haven't heard from them regarding the issue.

Here is the problem. This has never happened before. The server has gone down from 15 minutes to as long as a few hours.
    No matter what the problem was. I heard from the company within minutes.
    After 24 hours had passed. I started seeking out other hosting companies. Since I couldn't access my server. They wouldn't have been able to transfer this forum. I could have eventually transferred the domain name, but everyone would have to sign up again.
    Even worse I would have lost our charity website. That's important because a lot of the pages were done with my 13 year old daughter before she passed away from cancer.

This could go down again very soon or everything could be fine. I have to consider switching to another company.
    If I decide to do that. We could be down for one week while everything migrates over to the new server.

All I can do is keep you updated. We have been with our hosting company for 13 years. With some exceptional service, until this incident.
    So it's not something I want to pull the trigger on quickly.

Re: Important Please Read

Thank for posting.

Comment

Thanks JD, here's hoping it was just a glitch that's been rectified

Comment

Putting this in both threads (this one and the one in the NFL forum).

Make sure your email address in your folder is correct and the one you still use.
        Found out Frank who I deal with regarding hosting issues is very sick.
        If we switch to another hosting company, it will put us down for up to a week.
        If during the migration we lose access to the current server we will lose all of your accounts.

Make sure you have a good email on your account. Right now i'm not moving to another hosting company until I hear more from his family.
        While I'm not happy with what's been going on. I think it's a douche move to bail on someone when they're having health problems.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
          Make sure you have a good email on your account. Right now i'm not moving to another hosting company until I hear more from his family.
          While I'm not happy with what's been going on. I think it's a douche move to bail on someone when they're having health problems.
          Exactly JD, classy play on your part.

Comment

Stay with them.

" there is nothing more becoming of a man than the method of his leaving "

Billy shake a spear

Comment

Manner of his leaving

Comment

Away from home this weekend with only my work laptop and phone. Neither device has any history of this forum. I don't know the exact URL of the forum, so I just typed customcappers.com into Chrome. I was redirected into some crazy world that set off all kinds of security alerts. Looked like the domain had been hacked. When I typed in the exact URL for the forum... the forum loaded just fine. Something shady was going on this morning. When I logged into my home computer today around 4pm the forum was up, but customcappers.com was still redirecting to crazy town. Right now, customcappers.com redirects to the forum as expected.

Comment

Omar it's very possible the server was hacked.
                  Most of his other customers websites were down.
                  Actually the hosting company own website was impacted by this.
                  Until the owner is healthy I won't know what happened.
                  In all these years with them we never had anything like this happen before.

Comment

Working...
                  X