week 11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: week 11

bleeker if you don't know you can just add "1" behind season in your query to get the totals

F and 10o:RSWL and date>=20141116 and DIV and week >=9 and season, 1

Comment

Last edited by Thomas; 11-17-2019, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Comment

Well I don't know what happened in the sf/az game at the end I was watching the redzone and they got that fumble to score the td but what happened to the extra point ? So they gave me a push and I guess that's better than the gut punch I was expecting that's for sure. wasn't even gonna bet the night game but I'm throwing that money right back in the mix cause it's free money as far as I can tell lol. Ok didn't look at much but here's a small writeup from a poster named Riderx at the other place I post, he's a great researcher and well versed in the database:

Wish we had a better game instead of Bears/Rams, but it's what we got... Both these teams are f*cked-up...

Hard pressed to make a play on either team... Final score may be 3-2...

Bored and was looking at all kinda' stuff on this game, but this one really opened my eyes...

The Bears as a dog after week 2 vs a non-div opp off a s/u loss as a fav:

https://sportsdatabase.com/nfl/query...=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

3-20 s/u
          &
          4-18-1 ats
          &
          8-15 o/u

If they are on the road:

https://sportsdatabase.com/nfl/query...=++S+D+Q+L+%21++

0-12 s/u
          &
          0-12 ats...

averaging 2.5 t/o's-per-game while allowing almost 140 ry/gm... (That's not good...)

play is against the Bears +6

play on: Rams -6

we'll see......geez

Comment

I've done a fair bit of looking at this game tonight and you know for the most part if you don't know which team is which 6 points looks like a lot of points, I work this out to being a 1 or 2 points game on paper. Cannot shake that feeling that the superkid is gonna fuck this up for me if I take the points. I'm gonna do something a little different tonight and split my normal bet down the middle on some 1sth action, see what shakes out

Comment

Money won is twice as nice as money earned
              Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Going to foolishly chase it down'

Comment

congrats on the 2nd half

also

the cbb query I did tonight (mistakenly in cfb forum) I made a mistake..I wanted the 2nd "3 <=game number<=5" to be "3 <=o:game number <=5 " which of course would have made it a smaller sample..are you surprised it worked doubling up the same parameter ?

https://killersports.com/ncaabb/quer...+S+D+Q+L+%21++
                  ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

bleeker your query:

3 <=game number <=5 and losses =0 and 3 <=game number <=5 and o:wins =0 and 5<=rank <=20 and total >=142 and line >=-30

You can drop the double request and get the same results

23-0
                    9-14
                    2-21

3 <=game number <=5 and losses =0 and o:wins =0 and 5<=rank <=20 and total >=142 and line >=-30

The query you were trying to make would look like this:

<=game number <=5 and losses =0 and 3 <=o:game number <=5 and o:wins =0 and 5<=rank <=20 and total >=142 and line >=-30

14-0
                    5-0
                    1-13

It looks to me like the results are not really doubled, 23 games to 14 games because you never referenced the o:game numbers in the original query so your seeing results from a period of time that could be less than or greater than the 3 <=o:game number <=5 parameter. Does that make sense bleeker

Comment

I meant the fact that I had the same parameter twice in the query and it still performed it.. this is not a big deal thing but found it interesting that it still works
                      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Oh I get you lol. Well I'm not surprised if that's what you're asking as it evaluated your time frame and ignored that you referenced it twice because it doesn't matter when it's the same

bleeker I have a way to get at thanksgiving games specifically that I will show you going forward, so you can put your spin on those games, in the next week. Interested to see what you might come up with
                        Last edited by Thomas; 11-19-2019, 10:29 AM.

Comment

1122<=int(str(date)[4:])<=1128 and day=Thursday and season>=2002 and H
                          Last edited by Thomas; 11-19-2019, 10:45 AM.

Comment

thanks thomas.. my past methods were archaic to say the least.. I see the query above does that.. understand the date range and day but this "int(str(date)[4:])" of course I don't.. be fun to see what we can come up with for turkey day

Comment

bleeker it's a great day of football without question and although I'm Canadian myself and my wife, another football nut lol, have always celebrated this day with turkey and football. I'm almost 65 now and I've never worked a thanksgiving day in all that time, lol, mind you I've been retired for 20 years. So below I'll leave you the query to show all games in the database, since'89.

1122<=int(str(date)[4:])<=1128 and day=Thursday and H?show_games=150

That's right in the query bar and shows all games that are in database.

Here's the query to show just the night games which started in 2006 I believe

1122<=int(str(date)[4:])<=1128 and day=Thursday and H and start time>=1650

Comment

bleeker because you were wondering above here's a little something that might help you understand that part of the query you were wondering about. From my query folder:

As has been pointed out, the date is a string in the format yyyymmdd.
                                It actually starts at position 0, not position 1.

I find it easier, and makes the queries easier to read, if I take each
                                piece and use them how I want.

To get the month
                                `date`[4:6]

So, to check if the month is January,
                                `date`[4:6]='01'

To get the day of the month
                                `date`[6:8]

To check for the 25th of the month
                                `date`[6:8]='25'

To get the year
                                `date`[0:4]

So to check is the year is 2008
                                `date`[0:4]='2008'

You can also use int to convert the string to an integer

So, if you want to check if it's the 15th of the month or later
                                int(`date`[6:8])>=15

Comment

Working...
                                X