Does Aaron Rogers stay Packer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Aaron Rogers stay Packer?

I don't know his contract situation, but after watching a few games this year I have to question it. I'm not a Packers fan but I still feel Rogers is the best I've seen sling a football ever. I just haven't seen the "I'm going to do everything to win this game" from Rogers this season. A testiment to him is that he can play on one foot and still keep his team competitive. In my opinion, Rogers has as much talent on this team as he always has had, possibly not on defense or maybe they have had some important injuries that I haven't accounted for in my handicapping. Maybe it has been coaching, but to me he is just playing like I'll play good enough and we will see if any else steps up. I would love to see him get a running game, but Aaron looks like someone going through the motions a bit to me.

Re: Does Aaron Rogers stay Packer?

Guess the Packers are just playing out the season. Haven't been out of it this early in a long time. Get the season over going through the motions and trying to avoid injury.

Comment

Re: Does Aaron Rogers stay Packer?

The problem with the Packers this year was o-line play. Bulaga was banged up again all year and Spriggs just isn't a starting caliber player. The guard play was terrible as Rodgers pocket was collapsing immediately after the snap. As for Rodgers, it is easy to look and say he was going through the motions, and at some point I think the 'motions' were to stay healthy and fight on through the knee injury. Guards have become a new value in today's NFL as quick passing means short drops and defenses attacking 3 step drops. Where I do have a problem with Aaron is he hasn't adjusted his decision making to take advantage of moving the sticks and taking those quick plays and constantly rolling out and holding on to the ball. McCarthy had a quick passing game in place and Aaron always moved to third progressions and broken plays. That is where the rub was with them. The next coach is going to have to convince Aaron that he needs to get rid of the ball. He was obviously slower this year, whether that was the knee or ol'man setting in we'll see.

Comment

Working...
      X