Clear All

• NFL week 4

251 New Orleans -3
    256 Dallas -6
    257 Detroit +2
    263 Cincinnati -3
    265 Pittsburgh -3

Here's an interesting query from a poster friend named OMAR

The Cowboys and Cardinals played last Monday, which puts them at a disadvantage this week, since they have one less day of rest. Having the Monday night teams play the most rested teams in the NFL, the Thursday night 49ers and Rams, seems a bit cruel. I asked the database about matches such as Cards vs. 49ers and Cowboys vs. Rams

p:day=Monday and op:day=Thursday

SU: 13-18-0 (-2.29, 41.9%)
    ATS: 13-18-0 (-2.39, 41.9%)
    O/U: 24-5-2 (8.47, 82.8%)

The unrested Monday teams failed to cover more often than not, but check out the 80+ % winners for the OVER.
    The average score for these Thursday vs. Monday games was 52.7 total points, which is 10.3 points higher than the average NFL game.

11-2-2 o/u the last 5 years
    Last edited by Thomas; 10-01-2017, 01:12 AM.

Re: NFL week 4

I am pretty sure I saw this in the Victor King newsletter too. The off Monday off Thursday trend I mean.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
      5* 6-8
      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
      10* GOY 1-0
      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
      5* 18-12

Comment

Comment

Comment

Money won is twice as nice as money earned
            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

I think you're right Jack, I read something about it somewhere as well this week

Just went and had a peek at VK sheet:

Go OVER with BOTH teams off a PRIMETIME game!
              One of my absolute FAVORITE ‘Over’ situations is back in a big way in this
              week’s GAME FOUR action. And we actually have not one, but TWO games that
              qualify! I’ve mentioned this situation numerous times in the last few years, and
              OVER bettors have cleaned up. The reasoning WHY these games have been so
              high-scoring cannot be logically explained. But we’re just reporting the facts. NFL
              games in which one team is off a THURSDAY game and the other team is off
              a MONDAY game have gone 27-4-1 O/U since 1986. These games have gone
              a PERFECT 14-0 O/U in GAME 11 or less. This TREMENDOUS ‘Over’ pattern
              applies to TWO games this week: NINERS (off THUR game) @ CARDINALS
              (off Mon game)... and RAMS (off Thur game) @ COWBOYS (off Mon game).
              This situation will only come up ONE MORE TIME this season...
              Last edited by Thomas; 10-01-2017, 01:44 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X