• mnf den/lac sdql

week =1..
    start time > 8pm..
    home favorite < 3.5 or dog..
    total 41-48.5..

0-9-1 o/u (-10.65) big

http://killersports.com/nfl/query?sd...+S+D+Q+L+%21++

den/lac under 43
    ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Re: mnf den/lac sdql

bleeker great use of the database to isolate the night games. Here's something that supports that play as well and it says dogs in week 1 that covered less than half their games last year are 0-3 o/u. Not a great sample but it does support your thoughts a bit

season = 2017 and D and week = 1 and DIV and season > 2012 and A(ATSW@team and season)[team and season -1] < 0.50 and week = 1

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
      bleeker great use of the database to isolate the night games. Here's something that supports that play as well and it says dogs in week 1 that covered less than half their games last year are 0-3 o/u. Not a great sample but it does support your thoughts a bit

season = 2017 and D and week = 1 and DIV and season > 2012 and A(ATSW@team and season)[team and season -1] < 0.50 and week = 1

thanks thomas and what you came up with is very impressive also..my queries are 3rd grade compared to yours lol..know what ATSW is obviously and "team and season -1"telling it last year ? < .50 is less than half ..somehow think I'd always struggle to do that from scratch but feel there's good things to be found doing just the simple ones with a little bit of trial and error
      ( ) in football and baskets is avg ats or ou margin..baseball it's avg odds and run differential for sides and totals..winners and late scratches usually not recognized in the horse thread but on occasion will mention.. always double check race and horse # if you play .. I do lose a lot more races than I win.. playing in advance, late odds moves and high takeout very hard to overcome .. derby future opinion post 3713 on page 149 (horse plays)

Comment

Nothing wrong with the queries your bringing up bleeker, good stuff. If you ever have a question just ask I love talking the database, not a pro by any extent but I can figure most of them out. That goes for anyone if you have a question about the database or just want something checked just ask and we can figure it out between us here. Not sure if there's any other miners beside bleeker posting here but it's a great tool if you believe in trends at all

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas View Post
          Nothing wrong with the queries your bringing up bleeker, good stuff. If you ever have a question just ask I love talking the database, not a pro by any extent but I can figure most of them out. That goes for anyone if you have a question about the database or just want something checked just ask and we can figure it out between us here. Not sure if there's any other miners beside bleeker posting here but it's a great tool if you believe in trends at all

ok thomas.. the covered less than half their games last season I'd like to understand how that's written.. starting with "A" and ending with "< 0.50"

thanks

Comment

Heh bleeker. This is the part you asked about, A(ATSW@team and season)[team and season -1] < 0.50

A ATSW @team and season is asking for average (A). @team and season means games played that season. the square brackets defines the season by the -1 which in this case drives it to last season. <0.50 means 50%

The 1st part is simple but I think we'll put her down anyways:
            season = 2017 and D and week = 1 and DIV and season > 2012

2017 week 1 division dog and season>2012 just returns 5 years worth of data.

That query is 1 of the 5 seasons from my original query which gives results year by year and total which is found by the ,1 after season. Here's that one:

season, 1 and D and week = 1 and DIV and season > 2012 and A(ATSW@team and season)[team and season -1] < 0.50 and week = 1

You can sort any column by clicking the blue links at the top of the results

Comment

thanks thomas.. just want to acknowledge I looked at this and think I get a lot of it.. going to take my time with it before I ask you a question that I might be able to figure out on my own with a little study

Comment

bleeker you know about the google group ? where you can ask questions and search for things you're wondering about, great tool my friend.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/sportsdatabase

Comment

i actually was aware thomas and have been there a few times..I guess the higher level stuff in general a bit intimidating to me..I think the best approach is probably go about it at your own pace and try not to get frustrated too quick..the google group looks like a good place to learn and ask questions...i'll keep it in mind ..thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X