Playing for Pride in Week 17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing for Pride in Week 17

Really think this is something worth blindly playing in week 17 when so many teams have nothing to play for. There were many teams this year who had high expectations entering the season. Every team has high hopes, but seriously some are happy to just finish .500. Entering the season Cincinnati, Arizona, Carolina and Denver all had legitimate Super Bowl aspirations. On a smaller scale Jacksonville was a highly touted team to be a playoff contender. After 5 games the media was pushing the Vikings as possibly the best team in the NFL. All these teams with shattered dreams have showed up to play today with nothing on the line. Need to keep this in mind for next year, I think it will be a successful long term. Can't believe I never thought of it myself before today as long as I been gambling. The heart of an athlete can not be under-estimated....

It's also worth noting that every one of these teams (except Jax) was playing a division opponent that had already beaten them today, which I think is a strengthener on this angle.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...
Working...
X