Ok I need good Fantasy advice here soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok I need good Fantasy advice here soon

My league is 14 teams at $500 each and $5 transaction fees. I'm in the semis. Win this week and on to the Super where the winner gets $4,000 and loser gets $1,400. Depending on the opponents, many times its split more evenly. Ok so now you know why this is important. PPR and a point for every 20 yards combined, 6 point Tds with bonuses for longer TDs, point for every 10 yards. Example, an 80 yard TD is worth 15 on the play itself....8 for yardage+ 6 for TD+ 1 for the catch in addition to 4 for the 80 yards in the overall.

Heres my first question..we have to start 3 WRs, I have Landry, Dez, Marshall, Lockett, and Robert Woods. I'm thinking of starting Lockett, Dez and Landry and sitting Brandon Marshall because he doesn't have big play ability with the Jets and Bryce Petty. Don't trust Woods in Buffalo in December.

Secong question more of a crap shoot...I have 3 defenses because I wanted to block my opponent from getting one of these. Houston home versus Jags, Falcons home versus San Fran, and Packers at Bears. First thought was Falcons, but they scored 2 Tds last week which is unusual and the total on that game is 51+. Then Packers, but they were the lucky recipient of 5 Wilson picks last week and that doesn't happen everyday. So now I'm thinking Houston home over Jags...what do you think ?

Thanks.....like to hear from you experts
    Last edited by Winningpix; 12-13-2016, 06:32 PM.
    Twitter @winningpix1
    Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Re: Ok I need good Fantasy advice here soon

I would think Houston. Jax not a scoring machine and might be mailing it in. GB and ATl def not so great. Good luck!
    Money won is twice as nice as money earned
    Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Houston D for sure, Jags are totally inept on offense and Bortles is a turnover machine. If the league has bonus points on def. for pts. and yds. allowed Atlanta might be a close 2nd. Weather in Chicago could def. be a factor, though at this point the forecast looks like just very cold with no snow. If it snows a bunch play Green Bay D to hold the Bears to very few points/yards. WR you gotta start the guys that are your supposed studs. Dez and Landry are no-brainer starts IMO. Lockett has 1 TD for the entire season and ZERO games where he even had 100 yds. The Rams give up a lot of FFL points to WR, but Lockett is the Seahawks 4th option when they throw the ball. Woods is as likely to have a big play as Lockett and he is higher up on his team's pecking order for targets.
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
        Houston D for sure, Jags are totally inept on offense and Bortles is a turnover machine. If the league has bonus points on def. for pts. and yds. allowed Atlanta might be a close 2nd. Weather in Chicago could def. be a factor, though at this point the forecast looks like just very cold with no snow. If it snows a bunch play Green Bay D to hold the Bears to very few points/yards. WR you gotta start the guys that are your supposed studs. Dez and Landry are no-brainer starts IMO. Lockett has 1 TD for the entire season and ZERO games where he even had 100 yds. The Rams give up a lot of FFL points to WR, but Lockett is the Seahawks 4th option when they throw the ball. Woods is as likely to have a big play as Lockett and he is higher up on his team's pecking order for targets.
        Thanks Jumper, I'd have to keep an eye on the weather in Buffalo too, it can get windy there this time of year too. You don't like Marshall ? Lockett plays Thursday, Marshall plays Saturday, Woods plays Sunday. Played Dez, Landry and Marshall all year except bye weeks and injuries of course.
        Twitter @winningpix1

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
          I would think Houston. Jax not a scoring machine and might be mailing it in. GB and ATl def not so great. Good luck!
          thanks Joe, leaning Houston
          Twitter @winningpix1

Comment

I have Atl but picked up Houston for this week against Jacksonville.Bortles is a mess and I'm hoping for a pick 6 out of him.Hard choice with your 3rd option at WR.Haven't kept up on Lockett but is he still the return man on kicks?If so, does your league give the points for returns to the player as well as the D/ST?If so, he has potential for points there.Petty has been locked in to Anderson in his games he started so Marshalls value has dropped and has Maxwell covering him and he held him in check in earlier matchup with a QB that looked his way.GL
            2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
            5* 6-8
            15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
            10* GOY 1-0
            5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
            5* 18-12

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
              I have Atl but picked up Houston for this week against Jacksonville.Bortles is a mess and I'm hoping for a pick 6 out of him.Hard choice with your 3rd option at WR.Haven't kept up on Lockett but is he still the return man on kicks?If so, does your league give the points for returns to the player as well as the D/ST?If so, he has potential for points there.Petty has been locked in to Anderson in his games he started so Marshalls value has dropped and has Maxwell covering him and he held him in check in earlier matchup with a QB that looked his way.GL
              Thanks Mac, thinking Houston also. I have a partner and since Marshall was out first round pick(yes and somehow we are still alive), he wants to start him. No we do not get points from the returns just the D/St does.
              Twitter @winningpix1

Comment

From Rotoworld
                Brandon Marshall (back, foot, knee) was limited at Wednesday's practice.
                Marshall is dealing with back, foot and knee issues. But other than that, he's healthy. In all seriousness, Marshall has been playing hurt all year and will continue to do so. With Robby Anderson emerging as Bryce Petty's go-to target,

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
                  From Rotoworld
                  Brandon Marshall (back, foot, knee) was limited at Wednesday's practice.
                  Marshall is dealing with back, foot and knee issues. But other than that, he's healthy. In all seriousness, Marshall has been playing hurt all year and will continue to do so. With Robby Anderson emerging as Bryce Petty's go-to target,
                  Thanks Game, don't think we are starting Lockett and that will buy us time until Saturday to decide on Woods or Marshall. Watching the weather too
                  Twitter @winningpix1

Comment

Marshall rarely practices during the year cause of some injury or other. I would put more weight on the fact that Pettys go to guy is anderson

Comment

Originally posted by turbo View Post
                      Marshall rarely practices during the year cause of some injury or other. I would put more weight on the fact that Pettys go to guy is anderson
                      thanks turbo, you like Woods then ?
                      just realized my opponent is starting Anderson too
                      Twitter @winningpix1

Comment

Like most here, I think Houston D is the go to in this situation.

As far as receivers, clearly Landry and Dez are no brainers. I have to go with Tyler Lockett as your 3rd WR. Even though he is the 4th option in Seattle he has had 6 targets in 3 consecutive games and 4 of 5. While Buffalo is ranked last in passing in the NFL. I also like Lockett's big play potential.
                        "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
                          Like most here, I think Houston D is the go to in this situation.

As far as receivers, clearly Landry and Dez are no brainers. I have to go with Tyler Lockett as your 3rd WR. Even though he is the 4th option in Seattle he has had 6 targets in 3 consecutive games and 4 of 5. While Buffalo is ranked last in passing in the NFL. I also like Lockett's big play potential.
                          Thanks Jel, I tend to agree. I typically don't like Buffalo players at home in December. My Partner says Lockette only plays 40% of their offensive plays and doesn't like him. Looks like we will probably just play Marshall
                          Twitter @winningpix1

Comment

Working...
                          X