Cold Weather Under?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather Under?

Just wanted to post this as a helpful aid for anyone thinking cold weather means under.

Since 2005 when the temp. is 20 degrees or less in an NFL game the O/U is 20-16...from sportsinsights.com/bet labs. The opposite of what most people think...
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: Cold Weather Under?

Wind or heavy snow are the only weather conditions that should be considered a factor for playing unders in football.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

I expect the snow in Green Bay during the game to be very light and not a factor for the field. The field will be cleared for the start of the game Last week the snow fell the hardest during the game, this week it will be almost done by the time the game starts. Snow in Cleveland much more likely to be a factor for field conditions as it should fall throughout the game. Buffalo looks hit or miss during the game with snow more likely late in that game. Most of their snow will fall tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
          I expect the snow in Green Bay during the game to be very light and not a factor for the field. The field will be cleared for the start of the game Last week the snow fell the hardest during the game, this week it will be almost done by the time the game starts. Snow in Cleveland much more likely to be a factor for field conditions as it should fall throughout the game. Buffalo looks hit or miss during the game with snow more likely late in that game. Most of their snow will fall tonight.
          With that being said would you start Cobb or Ginn at receiver

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
            With that being said would you start Cobb or Ginn at receiver
            I am going to respond with an answer for a PPR league cause most are. Cobb should have his 5-6 catches but he won't have big plays against Seattle. Ginn is so hit or miss with the big plays, so hard to say. I would say Cobb 5 catches for 60 with a small chance for a TD (Jordy and Adams and even Jared Cook are more likely red-zone targets). San Diego pass D against WR's is pretty good. They held Evans from TB to 38 yards on 3 catches last week. I am sitting Kelvim Benjamin today in a league that I start Cam Newton (Starting Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs, Doug Baldwin), so that should tell you something.

Comment

I am going to respond with an answer for a PPR league cause most are. Cobb should have his 5-6 catches but he won't have big plays against Seattle. Ginn is so hit or miss with the big plays, so hard to say. I would say Cobb 5 catches for 60 with a small chance for a TD (Jordy and Adams and even Jared Cook are more likely red-zone targets). San Diego pass D against WR's is pretty good. They held Evans from TB to 38 yards on 3 catches last week. I am sitting Kelvim Benjamin today in a league that I start Cam Newton (Starting Antonio Brown, Stefon Diggs, Doug Baldwin), so that should tell you something.
              5 for 60 would be 11 points in my league.
              I'm starting to lean towards sticking with what got me here and that would be Cobb, Diggs and Steve Smith. Got Forte, Kelley and Rawls at RB. Jimmy Graham TE
              My only choice i'm struggling with is Big Ben or Flacco

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
                5 for 60 would be 11 points in my league.
                I'm starting to lean towards sticking with what got me here and that would be Cobb, Diggs and Steve Smith. Got Forte, Kelley and Rawls at RB. Jimmy Graham TE
                My only choice i'm struggling with is Big Ben or Flacco
                I have just 1 team not in the playoffs/contention. On that team I started Carson Palmer over Aaron Rodgers today because I really didn't like Aaron against Seattle and Carolina has stunk on pass D and Keuchly is still out. Palmer absolutely stinking the joint up in the first half with 3 turnovers... and that is why that team is not going to the FFL playoffs

Comment

Just took a look at the radar...looks like it will definitely stop snowing in Green Bay soon. There is always a chance for a snow cell to develop in a big system like this, looks like nothing heading that way as of now.

Comment

Just took a look at the radar...looks like it will definitely stop snowing in Green Bay soon. There is always a chance for a snow cell to develop in a big system like this, looks like nothing heading that way as of now.
                    Field looks perfect...

Comment

Working...
                    X