NFL Week 1 Possibles/Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 1 Possibles/Discussion

Thought I'd get this up just to share some opinions....(and because I can't wait until the season starts!!!!)

some possibles for me include....

Carolina/Denver under 42 - smash mouth game, and I don't think there's any confidence in this Denver offense. I can see Denver playing vanilla O all year in hopes there defense can win most games. IMO Denver will be trying to win games 10-3, 17-13, etc.

Minnesota -1.5 - look they didn't lose Aaron Rodgers. Sure teddy was solid but still more of a game manager than anything else. Defensively this team is solid and really nothing about Tennessee scares me. Add in what's likely a public overreaction to teddy going down and I like min to come out on top.

San Diego 7 - just too many points with a healthy Allen and gates. In addition, Charles not expected to be 100%, if nothing else, SD will keep it close.

Houston -6 - team looks legit in all aspects of game. Watt expected back, Miller expected to get volume, and Chicago likely to face early growing pains with little/no run game. I think it'll be a rough day for cutler with the hit D haunting him all game.

Green Bay -4.5 - Jaguars the sexy sleeper team this year but catching a healthy Green Bay in Week 1 is not the way jags want to start season. From what I saw in preseason their defense is a disaster. Rodgers with a slimmed down lacy and healthy jordy (for now) is licking his chops.

NY Giants PK - Divisional matchup and first pro start makes me think might be a bit overwhelming for the young Dallas rookie. While I like him, not sure his defense will be of much help to him and at a pick I like the G men to out score the 'boys in what might be a back and forth shootout.

Just my opinion on these, thoughts? Agree/disagree/love/hate?????????

Re: NFL Week 1 Possibles/Discussion

Totally agree on San Diego, too many points for a divisional game. KC rarely scores more than 24 (1 time last season at home)...Chargers can hang around.
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Good point JJ, crazy they only went over 24 just once last year. What's your outlook on the Vikings with the loss of Bridgewater/addition of Bradford?

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
        Good point JJ, crazy they only went over 24 just once last year. What's your outlook on the Vikings with the loss of Bridgewater/addition of Bradford?
        Vikes O-line is average at best, probably closer to the bottom of the league than top. His lack of pocket awareness is going to get him sacked a lot, only Diggs gets open a lot. Bridgewater was getting better and I think he will be missed. Adrian Peterson will have to have a huge year for them to come close to 10 wins again. Defense is probably this teams strength, likely a very good under team against teams that can stop/control AP.
        "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Working...
        X