Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am a huge Steeler fan...Joey Porter should never have been allowed on the filed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a huge Steeler fan...Joey Porter should never have been allowed on the filed...

Before you read why, there is also somebody else who should not be on the field...Sarah Thomas. The NFL is bigger than US Steel. They do what they want, and do not care about putting the best refs out there. It is ridiculous. Now, here is why Joey Porter should not have been allowed on the field.

Article I, section 8: Non-player personnel of a club (e.g., management personnel, coaches, trainers, equipment men) are prohibited from making unnecessary physical contact with or directing abusive, threatening, or insulting language or gestures at opponents, game officials, or representatives of the League. The penalty: 15 yards.

The rule is there precisely to prevent what Porter did–get all in the face of the opposition during an emotional, nasty game. Imagine what football would be like if after play stoppage coaches got into every skirmish?
    In addition to not moving the Steelers 15 yards further back, the wrong decision by the officials resulted in Bengals cornerback Pacman Jones losing his cool and Cincinnati being penalized 15 yards.

-GamblerzLivezMatter-

Re: I am a huge Steeler fan...Joey Porter should never have been allowed on the filed

What you posted is exactly why nobody here in Michigan shed a tear when Suh left as a free agent.
    Just like what Mac posted regarding the Bengals at some point the perception of the type of player you are is a magnet for flags.
    Not saying it's right. Because as you clearly showed Pittsburgh got away with one.

I have never been a fan of double standards or an official thinking he or she has the right to decide what they should enforce.
    All rules are put in place for a reason and in certain cases coaches should be able to challenge something like what happened with Porter.
    There was no flag. But yet this was just posted...
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Steelers OLB coach Joey Porter will be fined for going on the field in Saturday's Wild Card game against the Bengals.

Comment

Re: I am a huge Steeler fan...Joey Porter should never have been allowed on the filed

Gamer,

It's not like the refs have the ability to go back and look at the TV monitor and see that Joey Porter should have been flagged. It's not like the refs have a centralized phone system that relays info to refs...on the filed...for situations just like what we are describing. Oh wait....they do!!!!! They must have decided not to use it this time.
      -GamblerzLivezMatter-

Comment

I'm thinking the same thing and why are these players ejected and fined and suspended for a number of games before someone becomes disabled or even killed?Something has to be done,

Comment

Originally posted by ramper View Post
          I'm thinking the same thing and why are these players ejected and fined and suspended for a number of games before someone becomes disabled or even killed?Something has to be done,
          You have to make the punishment have a bigger impact to ever fix the problem.
          If players are spending half the season suspended, then it will cost them two times.
          First being game checks lost and on their next contract.

Comment

Originally posted by ambrose View Post
            Gamer,

It's not like the refs have the ability to go back and look at the TV monitor and see that Joey Porter should have been flagged. It's not like the refs have a centralized phone system that relays info to refs...on the filed...for situations just like what we are describing. Oh wait....they do!!!!! They must have decided not to use it this time.
            No kidding.
            Funny they will use some of those same tools to figure out they need to fine Porter. But not to possibly change the outcome of the game.

I honestly think MLB and college football have the best replay system. Take it out of the hands of the people that missed the call to begin with.

Comment

To all. Another thing to think about is...the Steelers had no timeouts left. If Joey Porter is flagged, which he should have been. You would have had off setting penalties. The Steelers would have had the ball with no timeouts left. Not sure, but just maybe the :10 second runoff could have been applied since the Steelers had zero timeouts left.
              -GamblerzLivezMatter-

Comment

There would not have been any run off as the clock was already stopped for the 1st foul called on the layout of A.Brown.
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

I didn't think twice about Porter being on the field as you see coaches checking on players all the time and he was around A.B. at the time.
                  Didn't realize it was a rule not to be on the field at all.
                  Makes it worse for Cincy because as a player if you just go about your business and control yourself instead of being the "thugs" that you are then you win the game.

Burfict is only out there to hurt someone.Went after Ben in an earlier game,knocked him out for awile this game and the way he hit A.B. he should be suspended for awile,but time will tell.

It was a miserable game to watch!

I was happy we won,but did we!
                  2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                  5* 6-8
                  15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                  10* GOY 1-0
                  5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                  5* 18-12

Comment

One more thing, how was it not a delay of game penalty on Burfict after he intercepted the ball, and ran into the the tunnel. Seriously, how is that not a penalty for delay of game, or excessive celebration.

In summary, that Steeler victory was one of the most improbable victories...EVER!!!!
                    -GamblerzLivezMatter-

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                      I didn't think twice about Porter being on the field as you see coaches checking on players all the time and he was around A.B. at the time.
                      Didn't realize it was a rule not to be on the field at all.
                      Makes it worse for Cincy because as a player if you just go about your business and control yourself instead of being the "thugs" that you are then you win the game.

Burfict is only out there to hurt someone.Went after Ben in an earlier game,knocked him out for awile this game and the way he hit A.B. he should be suspended for awile,but time will tell.

It was a miserable game to watch!

I was happy we won,but did we!
                      EXACTLY...WELL SAID !
                      Twitter @winningpix1
                      Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Working...
                      X