Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football Discussion And Info. Week 11.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Discussion And Info. Week 11.

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Julian Edelman will have surgery to repair the broken bone in his foot Monday.
    Schefter reports there is hope Edelman will return this season. FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo reported Edelman's injury is a "true Jones fracture," which is the same injury which cost Dez Bryant six weeks earlier this season. The injury will almost certainly keep Edelman out for the remainder of the regular season, but he has a shot to return during the playoffs

Re: Fantasy Football Discussion And Info. Week 11.

That injury above just finished off one of my teams for the year. Even with losing Jamal Charles and Steve Smith I was in contention for a division title.
    The only upside is they use LaFell more which would help my other team that has a chance at the playoffs still but probably need to run the table.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
      That injury above just finished off one of my teams for the year. Even with losing Jamal Charles and Steve Smith I was in contention for a division title.
      The only upside is they use LaFell more which would help my other team that has a chance at the playoffs still but probably need to run the table.
      I hate teams that lose because of injuries. You might remember I asked a few weeks ago what you guys thought about an Edelman for Julio Jones trade. That trade in hindsight looks brilliant. It is also is one of those leagues where you have a budget for claiming guys off waivers and I had not bid on anybody yet. When Le'Veon Bell went down I shot my entire wad on DeAngelo Williams and now I have him too. That team is looking real good right now.
      "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
        I hate teams that lose because of injuries. You might remember I asked a few weeks ago what you guys thought about an Edelman for Julio Jones trade. That trade in hindsight looks brilliant. It is also is one of those leagues where you have a budget for claiming guys off waivers and I had not bid on anybody yet. When Le'Veon Bell went down I shot my entire wad on DeAngelo Williams and now I have him too. That team is looking real good right now.
        Yeah that trade was a good move on your part. I thought of shopping Edelman myself when LaFell returned.
        Instead I traded the new number 1 in Baltimore for West to upgrade my running back / flex spot.

Comment

ESPN's Ed Werder reports Tony Romo's fractured left collarbone has "healed," and Romo "will play" Sunday against the Dolphins.

Peyton Manning (foot) has been ruled out for Week 11.
          "This week, Peyton is not going to play," were coach Gary Kubiak's words as he opened his Monday press conference. Not only has Manning been ineffective this year -- he leads the NFL with 17 interceptions -- he is dealing with plantar fasciitis in his left foot in addition to a painful rib injury. If Brock Osweiler plays well Sunday against the Bears, it would not be surprising to see Osweiler make future starts despite Kubiak's claim that Peyton would be the starter whenever healthy.

Comment

The Texans are "hoping" Brian Hoyer (concussion) will be cleared for Sunday's game against the Jets.
            That's all we have to go on for right now, though coach Bill O'Brien said the team is holding off on signing a quarterback. That's an indication Hoyer is ultimately expected to get cleared.

Tom Brady hinted WR Keshawn Martin (hamstring) could have a role once he is healthy.
            Brady mentioned Martin first when asked about Julian Edelman (broken foot), and added Danny Amendola's role is "different" than what Edelman does in the offense

Ryan Mathews (concussion) was not spotted on the practice field Tuesday.
            Unlike Sam Bradford (concussion, shoulder) who watched practice without a helmet, Mathews has not yet been cleared to even attend practice. That is not a great sign for his availability, but he still could gain clearance later in the week.

FOX Sports' Jay Glazer reports the Browns have named Johnny Manziel the starting quarterback for the rest of the season.
            Manziel played his best game as a pro against the Steelers last week, and it made almost no sense for the 2-8 Browns to hand the reins back to 36-year-old Josh McCown for the meaningless stretch run.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
              ESPN's Ed Werder reports Tony Romo's fractured left collarbone has "healed," and Romo "will play" Sunday against the Dolphins.

Peyton Manning (foot) has been ruled out for Week 11.
              "This week, Peyton is not going to play," were coach Gary Kubiak's words as he opened his Monday press conference. Not only has Manning been ineffective this year -- he leads the NFL with 17 interceptions -- he is dealing with plantar fasciitis in his left foot in addition to a painful rib injury. If Brock Osweiler plays well Sunday against the Bears, it would not be surprising to see Osweiler make future starts despite Kubiak's claim that Peyton would be the starter whenever healthy.
              The question is if he ever would be really healthy again or this is the first step for the retirement. I hope he can be back !!

Comment

NFL.com's Ian Rapoport reports Brian Hoyer (concussion) is likely to miss Sunday's game against the Jets.
                Hoyer didn't practice Wednesday in the concussion protocol. The Texans haven't officially ruled him out, but the addition of Brandon Weeden suggests they don't expect him to get cleared

Comment

Sam Bradford (concussion, shoulder) is out for Week 11 against the Buccaneers.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Ryan Mathews (concussion) is out for Week 11 against the Buccaneers.
                  Mathews was always a long shot to play this week after leaving Sunday's game with a concussion. He's still in the league's protocol and hasn't come close to practicing since the injury

Comment

NFL injury report for Sunday's games

DALLAS COWBOYS at MIAMI DOLPHINS

DALLAS COWBOYS

--Out: WR Brice Butler (hamstring), CB Morris Claiborne (hamstring, ankle), DE Ryan Russell (abdomen)

--Questionable: RB Darren McFadden (groin), DE Jeremy Mincey (thigh), LB Kyle Wilber (toe)

--Probable: WR Dez Bryant (foot, knee), CB Brandon Carr (shoulder), S Barry Church (ankle), DT Nick Hayden (ankle), S Jeff Heath (shoulder), LB Anthony Hitchens (ankle), DE Demarcus Lawrence (back), LB Sean Lee (concussion), LB Rolando McClain (foot)

MIAMI DOLPHINS

--Out: T Ja'Wuan James (toe)

--Doubtful: LB Jelani Jenkins (ankle), LB Spencer Paysinger (neck)

--Questionable: CB Brice McCain (knee), LB Koa Misi (abdomen)

--Probable: G Jamil Douglas (shoulder), S Michael Thomas (shoulder), RB Damien Williams (ankle, hand)

DENVER BRONCOS at CHICAGO BEARS

DENVER BRONCOS

--Out: QB Peyton Manning (foot, rib cage), LB DeMarcus Ware (back)

--Questionable: WR Emmanuel Sanders (ankle, finger), DE Antonio Smith (hip), DE Vance Walker (shoulder)

--Probable: S David Bruton (quadricep), TE Owen Daniels (knee, shoulder), TE Virgil Green (finger), T Ryan Harris (knee), RB Ronnie Hillman (quadricep), C Matt Paradis (elbow), LB Shane Ray (knee), LB Danny Trevathan (rib cage), G Louis Vasquez (back), DE Derek Wolfe (solar plexus)

CHICAGO BEARS

--Out: WR Eddie Royal (knee)

--Questionable: RB Matt Forte (knee), WR Alshon Jeffery (groin, shoulder), LB Shea McClellin (knee), LB Pernell McPhee (knee)

--Probable: T Jermon Bushrod (shoulder), C Hroniss Grasu (neck), S Antrel Rolle (ankle)

GREEN BAY PACKERS at MINNESOTA VIKINGS

GREEN BAY PACKERS

--Out: WR Jared Abbrederis (rib, chest)

--Questionable: S Micah Hyde (hip), G T.J. Lang (shoulder), WR Ty Montgomery (ankle)

--Probable: T David Bakhtiari (knee), T Bryan Bulaga (knee), S Morgan Burnett (ankle), LB Jay Elliott (ankle), WR James Jones (quadricep), RB Eddie Lacy (groin), LB Clay Matthews (ankle, knee), LB Mike Neal (hip), LB Nick Perry (shoulder, hand), QB Aaron Rodgers (right shoulder), G Josh Sitton (knee)

MINNESOTA VIKINGS

--Questionable: S Robert Blanton (back), T Matt Kalil (toe)

--Probable: RB Matt Asiata (quadricep), LB Anthony Barr (hand, knee), QB Teddy Bridgewater (left shoulder), DT Sharrif Floyd (knee, ankle), DT Tom Johnson (concussion), LB Eric Kendricks (rib), RB Adrian Peterson (hamstring), CB Marcus Sherels (shoulder), WR Adam Thielen (shoulder), DE Justin Trattou (foot)

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS at ATLANTA FALCONS

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS

--Out: S Mike Adams (ankle), WR Phillip Dorsett (ankle), QB Andrew Luck (abdomen, kidney)

--Questionable: LB Josh McNary (groin)

--Probable: LB Nate Irving (knee), WR D'Qwell Jackson (hamstring)

ATLANTA FALCONS

--Out: S Robenson Therezie (hamstring)

--Probable: CB Robert Alford (groin), LB Justin Durant (calf), WR Leonard Hankerson (hamstring), DE Tyson Jackson (ribs), DT Grady Jarrett (elbow), S William Moore (groin), DT Paul Soliai (concussion)

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS at SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS

--Out: DE Allen Bailey (calf), G Ben Grubbs (neck)

--Questionable: S Tyvon Branch (foot, thigh), LB Ramik Wilson (ankle)

--Probable: LB Tamba Hali (knee), TE Travis Kelce (groin), CB Sean Smith (knee)

SAN DIEGO CHARGERS

--Out: WR Malcom Floyd (shoulder)

--Questionable: G D.J. Fluker (concussion), TE Ladarius Green (ankle), DT Corey Liuget (foot)

--Probable: T King Dunlap (ankle), LB Kyle Emanuel (concussion), G Orlando Franklin (knee), TE Antonio Gates (knee, hip), LB Denzel Perryman (biceps), S Darrell Stuckey (hamstring), LB Manti Te'o (ankle), CB Jason Verrett (groin)

NEW YORK JETS at HOUSTON TEXANS

NEW YORK JETS

--Out: S Dion Bailey (ankle)

--Questionable: DT Sheldon Richardson (hamstring), CB Buster Skrine (shoulder, hand)

--Probable: CB Antonio Cromartie (quadricep), WR Eric Decker (knee), QB Ryan Fitzpatrick (left thumb), C Nick Mangold (neck, hand), WR Brandon Marshall (toe, ankle), CB Dexter McDougle (hand, ankle), CB Dee Milliner (illness), RB Bilal Powell (ankle), S Calvin Pryor (ankle), CB Darrelle Revis (hip)

HOUSTON TEXANS

--Out: QB Brian Hoyer (concussion), CB Kareem Jackson (ankle)

--Questionable: LB Akeem Dent (hamstring), RB Chris Polk (hamstring)

--Probable: LB Max Bullough (shoulder, hamstring), LB Jadeveon Clowney (back), DE Jared Crick (ankle), LB Brian Cushing (not injury related), WR DeAndre Hopkins (knee), CB Charles James (foot), CB Kevin Johnson (thigh), C Ben Jones (thumb), CB Johnathan Joseph (calf), K Nick Novak (right thigh), LB Brian Peters (hamstring), WR Nate Washington (hip)

OAKLAND RAIDERS at DETROIT LIONS

OAKLAND RAIDERS

--Out: LB Neiron Ball (knee)

--Doubtful: TE Lee Smith (wrist)

--Questionable: C Rodney Hudson (ankle)

--Probable: CB D.J. Hayden (ankle), S Taylor Mays (ankle), S Charles Woodson (shoulder)

DETROIT LIONS

--Out: DT Gabe Wright (ankle)

--Questionable: S Don Carey (back), CB Nevin Lawson (concussion)

--Probable: DE Ezekiel Ansah (toe), RB Joique Bell (shoulder), WR Calvin Johnson (ankle), DE Jason Jones (not injury related), P Sam Martin (back), S Glover Quin (ankle)

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS at SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS

--Out: RB Carlos Hyde (foot)

--Questionable: WR Anquan Boldin (hamstring)

--Probable: CB Kenneth Acker (concussion, chest), LB Navorro Bowman (shoulder), CB Tramaine Brock (shin), LB Ahmad Brooks (shoulder), QB Colin Kaepernick (left shoulder), CB Keith Reaser (ankle), S Eric Reid (chest)

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS

--Out: LB Bruce Irvin (knee), WR Paul Richardson (hamstring)

--Questionable: RB Marshawn Lynch (abdomen)

--Probable: DE Cliff Avril (ankle), WR Doug Baldwin (toe), DE Michael Bennett (not injury related), DE Demarcus Dobbs (shoulder), T Russell Okung (toe, ankle), CB Cary Williams (hip), TE Luke Willson (toe), LB K.J. Wright (knee)

ST. LOUIS RAMS at BALTIMORE RAVENS

ST. LOUIS RAMS

--Doubtful: T Rob Havenstein (calf)

--Questionable: TE Justice Cunningham (finger), DE Chris Long (knee), DE Robert Quinn (hip)

--Probable: C Tim Barnes (concussion)

BALTIMORE RAVENS

--Doubtful: TE Nick Boyle (foot)

--Questionable: G Kelechi Osemele (knee)

--Probable: DE Chris Canty (not injury related), LB Elvis Dumervil (knee), LB Daryl Smith (not injury related)

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS at PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS

--Out: DE George Johnson (calf)

--Doubtful: DE Josh Shirley (calf)

--Questionable: WR Vincent Jackson (knee), G Ali Marpet (ankle), TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins (shoulder), C Evan Smith (knee), DE Jacquies Smith (ankle)

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES

--Out: QB Sam Bradford (concussion, left shoulder), S Jerome Couplin (shoulder), RB Ryan Mathews (concussion, groin)

--Questionable: T Jason Peters (back)

--Probable: G Josh Andrews (concussion), LB Connor Barwin (quadricep), WR Josh Huff (back), LB DeMeco Ryans (hamstring), S Walter Thurmond (hamstring)

WASHINGTON REDSKINS at CAROLINA PANTHERS

WASHINGTON REDSKINS

--Out: S Trenton Robinson (hamstring)

--Questionable: DT Terrance Knighton (migraine), LB Keenan Robinson (shoulder)

--Probable: DE Chris Baker (ankle, rib), CB Bashaud Breeland (hamstring), CB Chris Culliver (knee), S Dashon Goldson (wrist, hamstring), CB DeAngelo Hall (toe), DE Jason Hatcher (knee), LB Ryan Kerrigan (hand), C Josh LeRibeus (elbow, shoulder), G Spencer Long (hip), RB Alfred Morris (rib), WR Andre Roberts (ankle), G Brandon Scherff (thigh)

CAROLINA PANTHERS

--Out: G Andrew Norwell (hamstring)

--Doubtful: WR Corey Brown (shoulder), CB Charles Tillman (knee)

--Probable: DE Jared Allen (not injury related), DT Dwan Edwards (ankle), RB Fozzy Whittaker (hip)

CINCINNATI BENGALS at ARIZONA CARDINALS on Sunday night

CINCINNATI BENGALS

--Doubtful: DE Michael Johnson (back), CB Adam Jones (foot), DT Pat Sims (knee)

--Probable: LB Vontaze Burfict (knee), DE Carlos Dunlap (shoulder), T Andre Smith (concussion), S Shawn Williams (ankle)

ARIZONA CARDINALS

--Out: DT Cory Redding (ankle)

--Doubtful: G Jonathan Cooper (knee)

--Questionable: WR John Brown (hamstring), WR Michael Floyd (hamstring), LB Markus Golden (ankle), G Mike Iupati (neck, concussion)

--Probable: CB Justin Bethel (illness), WR Larry Fitzgerald (ankle), S Rashad Johnson (ribs), C Lyle Sendlein (shoulder)

Comment

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Vincent Jackson (knee) is expected to play Sunday against the Eagles.
                      Jackson returned to practice on Thursday and looked to be in good health. He even got some extra work in with Jameis Winston after Friday's session.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports Alshon Jeffery (shoulder, groin) is not expected to play Sunday against the Broncos.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Jeremy Langford will start Sunday against the Broncos.
                      This will be Langford's second start in a row. He's been on a tear lately with 324 yards from scrimmage (145 rushing, 179 receiving) and three touchdowns over his last two games. While the Bears haven't officially ruled out Matt Forte (MCL), making Langford the starter would imply that he's not available.

Comment

Jeffery, Forte and Sanders joins Peyton Manning to the injuried players not be able to play in Broncos/Bears game

Comment

Working...
                        X