Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fantasy Football Discussion And Info. Week 3.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fantasy Football Discussion And Info. Week 3.

ESPN's Ed Werder reported the Cowboys will likely place Tony Romo (broken collarbone) on injured reserve/designated to return.
    Romo is scheduled for a CT scan on his fractured left clavicle Monday. If the scan confirms the initial diagnosis, Romo should be placed on I.R./recall, which will force him to miss at least eight games. In that scenario, Romo's earliest return date would be Thanksgiving Day against the Panthers

Re: Fantasy Football Discussion And Info. Week 3.

X-rays on Eddie Lacy's injured ankle came back negative.
    It means Lacy is not dealing with a fractured ankle, but ESPN's Adam Schefter reported there is still "no firm timeline" for the injury. Lacy is likely dealing with a sprain. Depending on the severity, Lacy could still be looking at a multiple-week absence.

Comment

Lions coach Jim Caldwell said, "We'll see," when asked if Matthew Stafford will play Week 3 against the Broncos.
      Stafford has been beaten up the first two weeks of the season. He required X-rays on his ribs and chest following the Week 2 loss to the Vikings and suffered some numbness in his arm after a big hit from Chargers OLB Melvin Ingram Week 1. Caldwell declined to say if the X-rays showed any damage, but his response indicates Stafford could be looking at some missed time.

ESPN Bengals reporter Coley Harvey believes Jeremy Hill will remain the team's starting running back.
      Hill was benched in the second half against the Chargers after losing his second fumble of the day. Backup Giovani Bernard proceeded to shred San Diego's run defense, gaining chunks of yards throughout the fourth quarter and finishing the day with 123 yards on 20 carries.

Comment

According to FOX Sports' Mike Garafolo, Eddie Lacy's sprained ankle was "very weak and sore" on Monday.
        Lacy could put no weight on the ankle when he exited Sunday night's win over Seattle, so it's not surprising the ankle wasn't feeling well on Monday.

Comment

Devonta Freeman is expected to be the Falcons' starting running back with Tevin Coleman (ribs) sidelined.
          Coleman should miss at least a couple weeks

ESPN's Mike Triplett reported Drew Brees will get a second opinion from Dr. James Andrews on his injured shoulder.
          Initial reports suggested Brees suffered a torn rotator cuff Week 2 against the Bucs, but an MRI revealed just a bruise. Dr. Andrews will look at the MRI to confirm the diagnosis.

Comment

Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten is receiving treatment for two sprained ankles and a sprained knee, and it is not certain he will be available for Sunday's home game against the Atlanta Falcons, league sources told ESPN.

"[Witten] will be day-to-day all week, but he's not a lock [to play] at this point," a source said.

Comment

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports Bucs TE Austin Seferian-Jenkins has been diagnosed with a strained shoulder, and will be sidelined 4-6 weeks.
              Seferian-Jenkins will be sidelined through the Bucs' Week 6 bye, and quite possibly longer.

Comment

How would you like to be fans of these teams with injuries to QBs these guys will or might start this week.

Chic--Clausen

Dallas --Weeden

Det-- Orlovski

N.Orl -- L.McCown

Or these are your starters

Clev--J.McCown,Manziel

Houst--Mallet,Hoyer

Jack --Bortles

Jets,Fitzpatrick

Bills--Taylor

Probably forgetting some that should go on this list,but those are off the top of my head.

At least with Tampa and Tenn you have rookies that get you excited.....for the moment!

Oh and by the way Dallas,I hear Owens wants to come back and play for you!
                2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                5* 6-8
                15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                10* GOY 1-0
                5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                5* 18-12

Comment

The Jets consider Eric Decker (knee) "day to day," and are "hopeful" he'll be ready for Sunday's game against the Eagles.
                  Tuesday's MRI obviously provided good news, but Decker is still a long shot to suit up on a short week

Comment

Eddie Lacy will test his injured ankle on Thursday.
                    "Eddie was here today for treatment and we'll see how he moves around Thursday," coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. With the Packers playing on Monday Night Football, Thursday will be their first official practice of the week. Even if Lacy is active against the Chiefs, he'll likely be at far less than 100 percent. The Pack, who are usually cautious with injuries, could decide a week of rest is the best course of action.

Cowboys acquired QB Matt Cassel from the Bills.
                    NFL.com's Albert Breer reports the sides are swapping 2017 draft picks as compensation.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy33 View Post
                      How would you like to be fans of these teams with injuries to QBs these guys will or might start this week.

Chic--Clausen

Dallas --Weeden

Det-- Orlovski

N.Orl -- L.McCown

Or these are your starters

Clev--J.McCown,Manziel

Houst--Mallet,Hoyer

Jack --Bortles

Jets,Fitzpatrick

Bills--Taylor

Probably forgetting some that should go on this list,but those are off the top of my head.

At least with Tampa and Tenn you have rookies that get you excited.....for the moment!

Oh and by the way Dallas,I hear Owens wants to come back and play for you!

Not a good time to be a fan of many teams, especially Dallas. And to make it doubly worse, Romo was my only QB on my main (hometown) fantasy team.

Comment

Coach Bruce Arians said the Cardinals have their "fingers crossed" Andre Ellington (knee) can return Week 4.
                        Chris and David Johnson will handle backfield duties Week 3 against the 49ers. Ellington is recovering from a Week 1 "mild" PCL sprain and has already started running again.

Comment

Well I only had one QB on my main fantasy team - Tony Romo. I'm 7th out of 10 on the waiver wire order this week and obviously looking to get a QB. I'm wondering who you like better - Tyrod Taylor or Derek Carr?? I like them both about the same - maybe Tyrod a little better with his rushing yds, but do think Carr's schedule looks easier. I like Foles best for this week and am hoping to get him or Flacco from free agency after waivers (getting Tyrod or Carr). Our league is regular scoring for QB's, but we do have -2 for INT's. Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

Comment

I have Carr and was worried week 1 with the injury but stuck with him and glad I did.I mentioned his schedule in the preseason thread in who they play.I believe he will be putting up yardage every week and hopefully some garbage TDs at the end of games.Only the Jets and Denver have great Defenses,maybe K.C.

Plays

Clev
                            Pitt
                            Chic
                            Tenn
                            G.B.
                            S.D. Twice
                            Det
                            Minn

Looks like alot of high scoring games possible there

With Taylor the upside is his rushing yards,but with that strong Buffalo defense (N.E. game excluded)I can see alot more handing off eating the clock and lower scoring games.

Good luck!
                            2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                            5* 6-8
                            15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                            10* GOY 1-0
                            5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                            5* 18-12

Comment

Carr all day long!! Taylor is on a Rex Ryan team that wants to run, run, run. I see Taylor as a 175-225 yard weekly passer with a td. Carr will be throwing 30+ times a game so he will have more opportunities to rack up points.

Comment

Working...
                              X