Orange Bowl fiasco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orange Bowl fiasco

if you saw the pitiful Ohio St game and were less than enthused ,you may not want to watch this one. #5 ranked Florida St is getting 21' points, and that might not be enough, 20 player defections including the #2 QB. Read an article that ESPN is pissed. As a long time FSU fan .so am I the last red season game Noles used the #3 QB and if not for the great defense would have lost. well i see a repeat here similar to Ohio St's problem -a QB that cant provide any offense,and a defense that will eventually wear down. easy solution to avoid putting teams in these situations "close the transfer portal window and NFL until the team has played it bowl.
    Money won is twice as nice as money earned
    Fast Eddie Felson

Something needs to be done!! If you have a scholarship to play football then play until the season is over.

Comment

Too much sense, capt. I played the over hoping GA covers it alone.

Comment

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
        easy solution to avoid putting teams in these situations "close the transfer portal window and NFL until the team has played it bowl
        impossible to do because the next semester at the new school starts in January and you're not giving the kid enough time to make the right decision especially the ones in the playoffs. there is no good solution unless you make the kid be active for his bowl game even if he's committed to a new school for the spring semester. the two things I didn't expect from NIL was kids jumping to new school every year (think Slovis will be on 4th school next year, DJU on 3rd, Jurkovec on 4th if he moves along) ... and kids that are NFL caliber moving to a new team for a season for NIL money even though they are eligible for NFL draft. There's no reason for QB like Leonard and Jefferson to extend college but they know they will make $1-2M in NIL money whereas they'd make $700k as a 5th rounder

Comment

Originally posted by Chamblin View Post
          Something needs to be done!! If you have a scholarship to play football then play until the season is over.

I've said for years, way before the portal was even a thing

All college sports scholarships should be written as college loans. Those loans would be forgiven upon graduation from that university. If you don't stay and graduate, you pay for your college.

Will never happen but....

Comment

why is college hoops able to do it? you don't see kids opting out prior to the tournament.
            Money won is twice as nice as money earned
            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Apples to oranges comparison.. much smaller injury risk in hoops than football

Comment

Working...
              X