How did we miss this??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did we miss this??

700mph wind blowing last nite in the Ball St/Ark St game and not any mention of it here on the forum! Should have been an easy under play.

Re: How did we miss this??

Sorry.
    I was only able to do 499 things on here yesterday.
    Crazy how only mods and admins can step up and post info like this.

Funny thing is how they hide it under things called, newspapers, websites and weather reports.
    I take full blame in the fact I didn't inform others those things above exist
    If it happens again. I will this shut the site down.
    Sorry for not pulling my weight around here.
    Since nobody hardly ever says thanks for paying for and putting a lot of hours into this place.
    It's only fair that people should only point out what doesn't get done.
    Thanks

Comment

i don't know if I have said this before but I will say it now: I would be MORE than glad to contribute some coin to help keep the site going if it came to that. I can't post all the time but I do send a capper's pick once in a while. You don't seem like the kind of guy who likes to hear thanks all the time so maybe I am wrong and will say thanks for all the time you put into it. How could any of us NOT be thankful?

Comment

Originally posted by snakeoiler View Post
        i don't know if I have said this before but I will say it now: I would be MORE than glad to contribute some coin to help keep the site going if it came to that. I can't post all the time but I do send a capper's pick once in a while. You don't seem like the kind of guy who likes to hear thanks all the time so maybe I am wrong and will say thanks for all the time you put into it. How could any of us NOT be thankful?
        No I don't want a dime from anybody. I wasn't even mad at the poster when I wrote that.
        It was just letting off steam. I don't want people to say thanks all the time.
        But it gets old when you get all the pm's and emails pretty much asking you to do even more.

This is the only site like this that is run for fun and not a business.
        I put up the money to keep it going. Set aside my own time to put in here and then go over that time everyday.
        I don't want clutter in the service threads. So to assist with that I put in a chat box.
        Decide why not make a service thread with premium plays and work a little extra to make that happen.
        People want a tally. Hundreds of people view the threads and never do anything. But what the hell I do the tally to.
        Not only do a tally. But actually track it.
        Then proceed to post numerous information threads, post questions and polls to keep people involved and with all that I only ask for one thing...
        Have a pulse !
        That means post something or get involved once in awhile.
        Here is a fact.
        Google college football weather. See how long that takes. It takes less time to do that then it did to create this thread.
        That's my point.

In the information thread for that game. It had this on Saturday WEATHER: Temperatures will be in the mid-50s with a 23 percent chance of rain. Wind will blow across the field at 15 mph.
        Of course only 17 people viewed that thread.
        Anybody that had concerns about weather would have checked into it after seeing that a day in advance.
        But you have to see it. Not react to it 12 hours later.

After being back a few months I came to grips with one thing.
        No matter how much time or effort you put in. The majority of the people will want more.
        There is a sense of entitlement on these sites and I have no idea where that comes from.
        They want a system that you point, click and hit refresh 100 times and demand great results.
        I don't even focus on those people anymore. It's a waste of time and a waste of energy getting angry about it.
        I only focus on the people I really brought the site back for.
        That would be the mods, admins and anybody that takes time out of their life to contribute on here.
        I have no desire to ever shut down the site again. However...
        There will come a day where the people I brought the site back for...Will be the only ones that can view it.

Comment

One more thing while I'm on my soapbox.
          MacDaddy just had an outstanding college football season.
          109 members looked at his thread during the season and a fuck ton more guest viewed as well.
          How do I know. I have systems in this software that tells me...
          Who viewed what thread.
          How long each person is on here per day.
          Along with detailed traffic reports.

My point being this. A guy does that well and not even 10% of the people that viewed can say thanks, good luck or anything else.
          Below are the numbers. When you take out post from Mac and guys that posted in there multiple times. The results are even more pathetic.
          Replies: 578
          Views: 17,025

Comment

I for one am thankful.

Yes, I did have the best season ever for me and I know some people made money from that and I am happy for those people.I could care less how many people view my thread as I do this for mostly fun..don't get me wrong I want to win money too!!!

It is hard to follow me because of the amount of plays I make,but who else can play 941 games in a season and come out on the plus,let alone make what I made this year?? Juice is a killer!

Year in and year out I have come out in the plus in CFB and CBB,my 2 best sports.I believe I have only had 1 year where I have lost money in those 2.I rarely play NBA games and do not consider myself any good there and even thou I bet all year in the NFL,I usually do not turn a profit there.I don't hide from that as I tell people don't follow me there.I actually care about winning and don't want anyone to lose on my account.But remember also that I do not get paid to post a single play and I only make money when MY plays win.

I put alot of time into my plays and also the time to post them.I have made friends on this site and I am thankful for that also.

Because of all the BS that goes on at other sites and even with the year I had I knew that someone would find something the bitch about so I was prepared not to post anywhere else this year.Then I got an email that the site was reopening so here I am and only here.So anyone that has made money off of me should be thanking Gamer for this amazing site and not take it for granted!!!
            2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
            5* 6-8
            15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
            10* GOY 1-0
            5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
            5* 18-12

Comment

I'm new so I will keep this short and simple...

Thanks for all the work you do and F anyone else that complains!

And Mac, once again, great year in CFB bud! Hope you kill it tonight to close it out!
              "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Originally posted by Jel View Post
                I'm new so I will keep this short and simple...

Thanks for all the work you do and F anyone else that complains!

And Mac, once again, great year in CFB bud! Hope you kill it tonight to close it out!
                Could not have said it better. I'm one of the guys who has been following Mac's plays the last couple weeks in amazement and also read quite a bit of the handicapping info, service plays and other analysis from Game. Much appreciation
                A man's gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.

Comment

Thanks Mac.
                  Also thanks to Jel and bluegold. It's nice to see new guys jumping in and posting. Keeps me motivated to do more on here.
                  Ever since blugold started posting I don't hate Notre Dame as much as I use to.
                  Spent years taking shit from Simon Diamond (ECW fans will know him) because of his love for the golden domers.
                  His best line...
                  Did you hear the one about the 69 year old virgin. He finally scored...it was against Michigan

Comment

Originally posted by TheGame View Post
                    Thanks Mac.
                    Also thanks to Jel and bluegold. It's nice to see new guys jumping in and posting. Keeps me motivated to do more on here.
                    Spent years taking shit from Simon Diamond (ECW fans will know him) because of his love for the golden domers.
                    His best line...
                    Did you hear the one about the 69 year old virgin. He finally scored...it was against Michigan
                    This actually made me laugh! Thanks again Game!
                    "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Thanks Mac.
                      His best line...
                      too Funny !
                      Twitter @winningpix1
                      Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Thanks Mac.
                        His best line...
                        LMAO. I can't wait to tell my dad/grandfather that one.
                        A man's gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.

Comment

For what it's worth and back to the original post, I tailed Mac's play on the under. :)

Comment

Originally posted by bluegoldflu View Post
                            For what it's worth and back to the original post, I tailed Mac's play on the under. :)
                            Yea,I forgot to mention that I didn't miss out on the under, both 1st half and game!!
                            2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
                            5* 6-8
                            15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
                            10* GOY 1-0
                            5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
                            5* 18-12

Comment

Wow! Just expressing my own lack of researching this game! I work 60+ hours a week and don't have the time to research a lot, thus, I try and sift thru as many posts (I LOVE this site ) as possible when I get a chance. I appreciate everyones posts. Maybe someday I will be able to spend more time researching but for now I am strictly a follower. Just didn't realize how flipping hard the wind was blowing until I turned on the game. I will try and post more often, but again, I am just following and hate to label something as "my pick". BOL in whoever you guys take tonite. Leaning Fl. State -8.5 for what it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X