Roll Tide vs Bulldogs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll Tide vs Bulldogs

I have to go back to when I first saw this line...Georgia -6'...and my one & only thought was "this line is too low".

Why? Forget about the history between these two teams. A "true" #1-team in the country should be line at a bare minimum -10 in their CC game, no matter who the opponent is. -6' is a "no confidence" line...at all. Their schedule is not impressive. They beat Clemson 10-3 as a 2pt dog in their first game of the season & since then they've been lined at least as -14pt favs in every game.

Now only -6'?

Don't be surprised if Bama runs the ball all over the field today against that Dawg D'.

The SEC CC game started in '92, the year I moved to Atlanta, and the first 2 games were in B'Ham. Since '94 it's been in Atlanta & Bama is 6-0 s/u there.

And Bama as a dog in the CC:

http://gimmethedog.com/NCAAFB?q=team...nd%20line%3C10

2-1 s/u
    &
    3-0 ats

their only s/u loss was by 1pt, in '92 vs Fla in B'Ham

Until the Bulldogs beat the Tide, I can't back 'em with a low line. Maybe they do today & I'll be the 1st to congratulate them, but now they have to prove it. Bama knows if they lose, their out of the CFP. Looking for a fired-up Saban team that has sleep-walked the past few weeks.

Bama +6'
    Bama m/l
    Under 49

BOL!!!

SEC champ game fav won 10 straight and 13-1 L14 with the only dog win being Bama vs Tebow. Go back a bit further and favs are 16-2 SU

this is kinda a normal spread for the SECCG. LSU was only -7 vs UGA in their unbeaten season and nobody can argue they weren't a true #1 team. 11 of those 18 previous SECCG had a spread of 10 or less and usually the fav was either unbeaten or 1-loss.

Comment

Comment

rolltide,

Here's the kicker...the SEC West is 11-1 s/u the last 12, but more importantly is this: SEC CC Favs line between -3' to -8...a total of 10 games...

The SEC West is 5-0...LSU in '07, Aub in '10, Aub in '16, Ala in '12 & LSU in '19

The SEC East is 2-3 s/u & 0-5 ats

'94 Fla won by 1pt...24-23 @ -7
        '97 Ten won by 1pt...30-29 @ -6' '99 Fla lost s/u 7-34 @ -6'
        '01 Ten lost s/u 20-31 @ -7
        '09 Fla lost s/u 13-32 @ -5

This line needs to be higher for me to back Georgia...

Comment

Wow...Dog Baylor's taking OkSt to the woodshed early & dog NIll up 17-0 on Kent...

Comment

obviously with my name you know I'm not betting on UGA I'm just saying that LSU was -7 and were clearly the best team in college football much like UGA is today. Of course I don't think Bama can get run out of the building 37-10 like Georgia was 2 years ago but I wouldn't use that as a reason to bet

including last night power-5 and aac title game favorites are 28-1 SU L29. upsets rarely happen on conference title day. baylor in position to make that 28-2

Comment

Comment

Great call on Bama, Rider!! I hope you crushed that ML!! I was Joe public sucker!! Looks like the CFP is all set with a Michigan win. Congrats again, bud!!!

Comment

nice hits, Rider!

back to the playoffs!!! early line is Tide -16 vs Cincy....

both Bama and Baylor pulled the Power 5 upsets

Comment

Comment

Working...
                    X