Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

College Football National Championship. Vote for your top play.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football National Championship. Vote for your top play.

Hard to believe another season is coming to a close.
    But here we are and there is one big match up left.

Auburn vs Florida State for the BCS National Championship.
    Feel free to discuss the game in here and add any info you might have.

Please take the time to vote for your favorite side, total or both in this game.
    Auburn
    36.00%
    Florida State
    32.00%
    Over
    24.00%
    Under
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

Re: College Football National Championship. Vote for your top play.

Is Auburn a team of destiny? Doubt it. They are a good team that got some unbelievable breaks. Seminoles will expose them as a limited offense and decent defense. In the Missouri game, they were able to run for miles, because Mizz insisted on using 3 down lineman. They ran the ball 74 times and threw 11 times. FSU will stack the line and make Auburn QB throw, a task he does not excel in. Can Auburn D stop the mighty Noles? Unlikely. As in any game though, the unpredictability of a freshman QB in the Championship game comes into play. I see FSU winning something like 41-16.
    Money won is twice as nice as money earned
    Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

To add to above, A&M was getting killed in the 1st half with 3 downlinemen. What happened in the 2nd half? Pressure the QB, resulting in ints, sacks, and incompletions. FSU will do the same.
      Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

FSU all the way. I'm just waiting to see if the public starts putting money behind the SEC.

Comment

You know. This probably fits for my thinking out loud blog.
          But I would not be surprised if Auburn wins that both coaches are somewhere else next year.
          Auburn has to be worried as their coach is being sniffed at by NFL teams. Jimbo is on the wish list for Texas.
          FSU loses. Jimbo can bolt out of town. Gus can take a NFL gig and if he fails. He would be welcomed back to college anytime he wanted

Comment

Jimbo just got a big bucks extension. He waited a while behind B Bowdin so he may be happy there.
            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

I guess my question is How weak is the ACC. Auburn beats em straight up!!!!

Comment

Just really hoping for the over myself. Took Auburn to win it all on 12/2 @ +800 so hedged that with this (in retrospect probably could have found a better play to tease with Florida St -2, don't love teasing totals but fingers crossed!)

Accepted 12/8/2013 4:21 PM
                Type Teaser
                Description:

Football #269 Auburn/Florida State over 58 for Game
                Football #270 Florida State -2 for Game
                A man's gotta make at least one bet a day, else he could be walking around lucky and never know it.

Comment

The Public is on Auburn on this one, not surprising. They had a great finish to the end of the season. But FSU is the better team, and I'd be willing to lay the 9 comfortably.

FSU for me.

Comment

Originally posted by BB1109 View Post
                    I guess my question is How weak is the ACC. Auburn beats em straight up!!!!
                    I have the opposite question in my mind..."How over-rated was the SEC this year?" Every year the SEC is the best conference almost without question. I don't think they were this year. Look at how some of their teams did in the bowl games. Alabama got thumped and A&M couldn't stop Duke if they had 13 defenders on the field. Bama struggled to beat A&M. Georgia was certainly an injury depleted shell of itself, but losing to Nebraska, really? Florida St.'s defense barely allowed Duke to breathe let alone get off the bus. This will be, not by a little bit, but BY FAR the best defense Auburn has faced this year. If Florida St. does their usual hot start, how is Auburn going to come back late? They haven't trailed by much in any game all year. I love this game to stay under and also Florida St. to win by 14-17 points.
                    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

JJ, when you right, you right. And you are dead on. FSU easy.
                      Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

After Alabama got whooped on by big dog Oklahoma, Auburn lost its luster as a barking dog.

Maybe the SEC is over rated. I thought Bama was the best team in the country and its loss to Auburn was a fluke.

Oklahoma impressed and got my attention. Las Vegas usually knows what it's doing laying a big line like 9. They're seducing Auburn money.

Comment

Could not possibly agree more with most all of you ... Just like they begged for Irish money last year, they are begging you to take Auburn this year ... Now in the interest of full disclosure, I had an Aunt who lived in Tallahassee when I was a Kid and I went down there when I was like 11 or 12 and have Tomahawk-Chopping ever since however, I honestly look at all games objectively

And of course, being as superstitious as the next Gambler/Fan, normally I'd be all like "I Don't Know"... or "It's gonna be a close one" .... But here?? ... Not so much ... Yes you can argue the ACC is weak, no argument there ... But did anyone in the SEC play ANY defense at all this year??

Like some of you mentioned above, none of them did ... Including Auburn ... Loved their Miracle Plays and Fun & High Scoring Shootouts but do you truly believe they can get away with that here?? ... The "Best" SEC Defense just got boatraced by a 2-Loss Sooner Team with a Freshman QB not named Winston ... FSU might just put up 50 for the fun of it

Say what you want about the ACC but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, goes into Clemson and BURIES the 11-2 and reeaalllyy good at Home in their 'Death Valley' Tiger Squad by 37 points ... It just doesn't happen ... But it did this year ... They haven't played a game with anything closer than a 14pt spread this season and they are not about to start now ... Normally I would bet opposite the Noles so at least I would get something out of it if they lose ... But Monday Night, can't do it ... 41-17 Florida State

Comment

Originally posted by OutbackJack View Post
                            Could not possibly agree more with most all of you ... Just like they begged for Irish money last year, they are begging you to take Auburn this year ... Now in the interest of full disclosure, I had an Aunt who lived in Tallahassee when I was a Kid and I went down there when I was like 11 or 12 and have Tomahawk-Chopping ever since however, I honestly look at all games objectively

And of course, being as superstitious as the next Gambler/Fan, normally I'd be all like "I Don't Know"... or "It's gonna be a close one" .... But here?? ... Not so much ... Yes you can argue the ACC is weak, no argument there ... But did anyone in the SEC play ANY defense at all this year??

Like some of you mentioned above, none of them did ... Including Auburn ... Loved their Miracle Plays and Fun & High Scoring Shootouts but do you truly believe they can get away with that here?? ... The "Best" SEC Defense just got boatraced by a 2-Loss Sooner Team with a Freshman QB not named Winston ... FSU might just put up 50 for the fun of it

Say what you want about the ACC but nobody, and I mean NOBODY, goes into Clemson and BURIES the 11-2 and reeaalllyy good at Home in their 'Death Valley' Tiger Squad by 37 points ... It just doesn't happen ... But it did this year ... They haven't played a game with anything closer than a 14pt spread this season and they are not about to start now ... Normally I would bet opposite the Noles so at least I would get something out of it if they lose ... But Monday Night, can't do it ... 41-17 Florida State
                            This is what rings to me more than just about anything..... FSU in a walk tonight!
                            "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

BB109 is the only one man enough to walk in here and stand up for Auburn....
                              But that side is leading the votes.
                              So myself and 16 other people that voted are cowards

Comment

Working...
                              X