Big Ten Championship Game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Ten Championship Game

I post alot of plays on here but very seldom have the time to be able to give insight as to the reasons why on here. Work day is slow for a change so i would like to share my input on the championship game here. I have had alot of success in college football even though this season has been pretty mediocre. Im going pretty big on Michigan State and here is why

Michigan State enters the game having won 8 games in a row and have averaged 34 points per game in that stretch. The offense has really started to come around after struggling to start the season. That despite scoring 14 points against MInnesota last week in what was not the greatest situational and scheduling spot. Michigan State comes into the game with the number one overall defense in the nation, the number one rushing defense in the nation, the second best 3rd down conversion defense,the 3rd best scoring defense in the nation, and a top 20 redzone defense. Ohio State has a prolific offense that has done major damage on the ground this year with Miller and Hyde. If the game plays out like i see it will, Ohio State is going to be able to move the ball in spurts but i see them having to settle for field goals instead of touchdowns. I also see Michigan State being able to move the ball despite not having a prolific offense as they will be facing an average Ohio State defense. Statistically on the surface their numbers look good but taking into an account a weak Big 10 and out of conference opponents Buffalo, San Diego State, Florida AM and California have helped pad their statistics

The situation favors Michigan State as well. Ohio State is in a must win scenario as they need to win to play in the National Championship which i think they have no place belonging to. Nailbiters against Michigan, Northwestern, and close games with Wisconsin and Iowa dont scream National Title Contender to me. For as good as Alabama has been you have not seen them play their best games the past couple years in such situations. Michigan State has much less pressure here. I factor coaching into alot of my handicapping side plays as well. Normally Urban Meyer has a huge edge in situations like this but i consider Mark Dantonio one of the best coaches in game and as far as making adjustments in college football. He has also shown in the past is willing to take risks in big games. Overall i consider Michigan State the better team at this time of year. Factor that with a lot less pressure on Michigan State im taking Michigan State +6 as my best bet of the week. If you agree with me i would grab a little piece of the moneyline as well. Best of luck

2* Michigan State +6
    2010NCAAF: 71-52-2
    2010 NFL: 45-31-2
    2011 NCAAF: 87-71-2
    2011 NFL: 30-33-3
    2011-12 NCAAB Regular Season: 142-116-6
    2011-12 March Madness: 18-14
    2012 College Football - 70-76-2
    2012 NFL: 65-48-1

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on the game.
    Wish we had more of that here.
    Myself I'm not touching this game due to mixed feelings on how I view this game.
    I agree with what you said about grabbing some on the money line.
    Because my gut feeling is the points wont matter
    Good luck and unlike other Michigan fans. I root for sparty when they play anybody other than Michigan

Comment

I love your analysis on betting Sparty. It looks like a good bet, but I got a gut feeling that somehow they blow it at the end and don't cover in some way. Whether it be going for it on 4th down or fake punt not succeeding or something of that nature. It's been a long time since they've been to a big bowl game and I don't see how the football gods allow it this year. NCAA needs Ohio state/Florida State matchup for ratings. I'm not touching this game if I bet em they will lose

Comment

2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
        5* 6-8
        15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
        10* GOY 1-0
        5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
        5* 18-12

Comment

good luck. I love Mich St. here, but I'm no longer betting on or against OSU this season. Best of luck with the play and thanks for your rationale.

Comment

Excellent analysis. Think I'll join you.
            Money won is twice as nice as money earned
            Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X