Canceled Games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Canceled Games

There's way too many bowl games anyway. Even before the KungFlu most of these bowls had very poor attendance. Many teams that went to bowls took a major financial hit from travel costs and mandatory allotment of tickets to sell. those csmall bowls are just an opportunity for the local chamber of commerce to steal money. An outdated tradition that got too big and watered down. Time to end it.
    Money won is twice as nice as money earned
    Fast Eddie Felson

Comment

Re: Canceled Games

Originally posted by captjoe388 View Post
      There's way too many bowl games anyway. Even before the KungFlu most of these bowls had very poor attendance. Many teams that went to bowls took a major financial hit from travel costs and mandatory allotment of tickets to sell. those csmall bowls are just an opportunity for the local chamber of commerce to steal money. An outdated tradition that got too big and watered down. Time to end it.
      I have lost a couple of friends from the virus and this year has sucked.
      After I lost Steph I had to learn to find the positive in the worse time of my life.
      I think I did that to an extent with our charity.
      With the pandemic here is my sports twist positive.

Baseball expanded the playoffs and added the universal DH.
      I think both of them will stay in place and it doesn't happen if it wasn't for this weird season.

College football will probably look at reducing the bowl games.
      There are too many and not enough demand for tickets to watch 6-6 teams.
      The one here in Detroit can't even fill 35% of the stadium with comps.
      I could see the number of bowl games getting cut and the playoffs expanded.
      Just adding 2 teams with the top seeds getting a bye in the first round.

Additional playoff games would create more revenue then 6 weekday afternoon games.

Comment

Working...
      X