Couple For Coffee $$ - College GOY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Couple For Coffee $$ - College GOY

OK let me preface this by saying I missed my play on the Cowboys Thursday nite, I under estimated Minnesota defense.

But, I think I am on the right side of this!

If you look at common opponents for Penn St and Wisconsin, you'll quickly see Wisconsin outplayed Penn St against all of their opponents, except the big one, Ohio St! Right! Yes, they beat MST and Iowa by more, but Wisconsin was away to both of those teams and Penn St was home.

Remember this, Ohio St was on back to back road games vs Wisconsin and Penn St. and went into Over time vs Wisconsin and then traveled to Penn St and lost on a fluke blocked field goal. Really Penn St had Ohio St in the best position any team could ask for. Yeah it wasn't a long drawn out OT in Wisconsin, but trust me those OSU defensive lineman knew they were in a battle with Wisconsin, that had to of had an effect heading into Happy Valley! Ohio St was winning 21-7 at the half. I'm putting a lot of stock in this. Penn St is a good team, but the pecking order in the Big Ten is correct in my estimation with OSU, MI, WI and then Penn St.

Looking over the stats Penn St has big offensive numbers compared to Wisconsin, yet Wisconsin is favored???

My point in all of this... Wisconsin has won all year with a very good defense, I would say a small notch below Michigan. I think the entire LB crew will be playing on Sunday's in the coming years. Trace McSorley looks like a nice QB, but look at his stats vs these opponents.

OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT

@Michigan
    L 49-10 16 27 121 59.3 30 1 1 101.7
    Minnesota W 29-26 (OT) 19 41 335 46.3 80 1 0 123.0
    Ohio State W 24-21 8 23 154 34.8 35 1 0 105.4

You can see obviously a very low completion % and take out 222 yds on 4 completions of 80, 53,53 and 36 vs Minn and that 335 quickly looks like a horrible performance by a rather inefficient QB vs a pretty good defense, (which would equate into 15-37 for 113, not very productive!) Wisconsin ranks somewhere between Minnesota and Michigan, and much closer to Michigan.

Lastly, in big games like this, I like the coach that is poised and unemotional, Franklin is a bit hyper and I don't think that plays well in that environment.

My point in dismissing Penn St's success is this stuff all equals out when you play good teams. Wisconsin is a good team! Penn St won't get the fluky breaks in this game and the real talent on the field will rise.

I'll give the 2.5 and take Wisconsin for another 10*
    Last edited by bigapple; 12-03-2016, 06:18 PM.

Re: Couple For Coffee $$ - College GOY

Franklin vs top 25 1-6, flukey win over OSU......

Comment

2016 CFB 183-184 -4580
      5* 6-8
      15* GOY 1-0

2016 NFL 216-154 +11940
      10* GOY 1-0
      5* 11-7

2016 NBA 480-404 +12200
      5* 18-12

Comment