First line that juped out at me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First line that juped out at me!

I really like USC over UCLA by 10 ish. USC has really been playing well lately,
    wins by: 24 @Arizona, 21 vs Cal, 25 vs Oregon, and 26-13 @ Washington!
    Pretty impressive! I know this is a huge rivalry, hence no letdown after big upset win at Wash. If anything, USC will be wanting to really put it on their in state rival. they are clearly the better team and on a roll right now. They have been winning big against some really good quality teams. possible blow-out

Re: First line that juped out at me!

Staying with Penn State again this weekend. I don't know if my book will give a line on this game as it has gone from 24.5 to 27 in a matter of hours. It is being played at Rutgers but they are horrible this year. Usually when the spot gets between 28-30's my book may just scratch the game but not always.
    Another possible rout!

Comment

Duke has really shown a lot of perseverance lately, covering 6 out of the last 7. They are around 8 point dogs to Pitt. Pittsburg just had one of those "once in a decade" wins and you have to admire their team. If they had any kind of defense, look out! I don't know whether this will be a let down spot for Pitt but Duke has been keeping games within a score lately and with the public's new perception of Pitt, I think we are getting a little line value here. I don't know whether Duke will win the game outright but as long as I'm getting more than a TD I'll go with the Blue Devils here!
      Duke is only 4-6 this year but has shown good resiliency and have in no way given up against anyone! If I had a way to do future bets for next year I would definitely do the over x amount of wins for Duke next year. Even if this game loses, I have to go with this "no quit" team!

Comment

WVU Mountaineer homer here but I think WV will win this game outright! We are playing Oklahoma this weekend and the line started at 4.5 and has moved to 3. Oklahoma will usually give extra points just for name recognition alone and WVU has a legit D. I think if they were in a different conference people would be talking about our defense but the Big 12 offenses are so prolific that this is diminished somewhat. They are playing a night game in Morgantown, should be kinda cold, and a raucous crowd. The last few weeks Skyler Howard hasn't looked all that good but some of the mistakes have been fumbles and drops that Skyler had no control over. I look for a ball control type of game where we keep the ball for chunks of time and our D stopping Okla just enough to give us a victory! WV is a good QB away from being special but Skyler Howard has overachieved his whole career. He'll be stoked and ready for this one! I absolutely love his desire! I look for a smashmouth, ground and pound game with WVU winning by double digits. Nothing fancy, old fashion ball control, physical football.
        Can't wait!

Comment

Gotta go with San Diego State this week. Talk about a team on a mission! Last four weeks: Vs SJ St 42-3, @ Utah St 49-13, vs Haw 55-0, and @ nev 46-13. Now they are playing a Wyoming team that just knocked off a lackluster Boise team( nowhere near the Boi teams we're used to). They are spotting Wyo 9 ish.
          I think the public is giving Wyo too much cred for beating the almighty Boise State. Even at 9-10 I still feel that I'm getting line value.
          How long will everyone keep ignoring how good SD State really is?

Comment

Baylor is a dumpster fire right now!
            Kansas State Minus 2-3 for the life of me looks too good to be true. K St is a really solid team who would have given Baylor trouble anyway with their ball control, foundationally sound, style of play. If Baylor can't stop the K St run game this could get ugly.

Comment

GREAT INFORMATION THANK YOU STEVA...GOOD STUFF
              GUYDANIO
              PHILADELPHIA

Comment

Not sure if this is a pick, but East Carolina getting 8 from Navy looks tempting. Navy has looked good as a dog all season but this week they are over a touchdown favorite. This is a rivalry game(somewhat, at least a conf game). E Carolina has been underwhelming for about half the season but they haven't given up. They lost their last two games, @ Tulsa 24-45, and vs SMU 31-55 but I watched parts of both and the Pirates tried hard for the whole game. They're fairly young and have been playing hard for the coach and the school and this is the last home game of the season. they have Temple on deck and a 3-9 record coming into this game. WTF do they have to lose? I see a possible MAX effort to beat two of the best teams in their conf and go into next season with a lot of confidence.
                If they win this week or are in it till the end, they will probably be a pick next week.
                Thoughts?

Comment

Thanks Guydanio,
                  I just finished up two weeks of nights and am going to work Thanksgiving, Friday, Sat, and Sun. After that I'm going to take off till after the holidays and take care of personal business. I like when people give a reason why they like a team and have been trying to do so myself. Even though this is four days after my original post, I've ben working (out of touch) since. These are still my first thoughts. I read in a thread earlier that back and forth conversation about the picks would be better than just the normal thanks, good lucks, and beers, and I agree. After next week I'm going to try to put in my two cents more often. I don't have internet where I've been staying and its been hard to keep up with everything but maybe that's a good thing. My first picks this year have be pretty good. It's hard not to buy into the hype that the talking heads keep spewing. I'll try to keep posting my first picks for everyone else and also so I keep betting on them myself. not changing my mind or putting other picks ahead of my own.
                  Thanks, and good luck, Brother!
                  Last edited by GUYDANIO; 11-18-2016, 05:06 AM.

Comment

STEVA,

AS FAR AS YOUR INTERNET ACCESS PROBLEM,
                    TRY THIS CONTACT YOUR LOCAL PHONE COMPANY, TELL THEM YOU WOULD LIKE A HARD LINE INSTALLED IN YOUR HOME WITH BASIC SERVICE. IF THEY CAN DO IT SET UP APPOINTMENT DATE FOR INSTALL. GET BACK TO ME AFTER YOU MAKE THAT CALL ( PLEASE DON'T TELL THEM IF IS FOR INTERNET USE). GOOD LUCK.

GUY
                    GUYDANIO
                    PHILADELPHIA

Comment

Originally posted by stevsa View Post
                      Not sure if this is a pick, but East Carolina getting 8 from Navy looks tempting. Navy has looked good as a dog all season but this week they are over a touchdown favorite. This is a rivalry game(somewhat, at least a conf game). E Carolina has been underwhelming for about half the season but they haven't given up. They lost their last two games, @ Tulsa 24-45, and vs SMU 31-55 but I watched parts of both and the Pirates tried hard for the whole game. They're fairly young and have been playing hard for the coach and the school and this is the last home game of the season. they have Temple on deck and a 3-9 record coming into this game. WTF do they have to lose? I see a possible MAX effort to beat two of the best teams in their conf and go into next season with a lot of confidence.
                      If they win this week or are in it till the end, they will probably be a pick next week.
                      Thoughts?
                      I read a system jumper posted in bleekers thread on why navy may be a good play since East Carolina just lost as a fav and are no longer bowl eligible playing a good team in Navy. Maybe Check it out and see what you think
                      Twitter @winningpix1
                      Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Working...
                      X