Letdowns and look-aheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letdowns and look-aheads

I make a list each week to try and add the "emotional factor" in ncaa football. still dealing with teenagers and kids in their young 20's so i think you have to keep this in mind each week. a few to consider:

Temple = they just found out that ABC picked them up for prime time Halloween night game on ABC vs notre dame next week. You also have game day circling Philly as top choice if they beat ECU. serious look ahead spot

Pitt = nice to get cuse off a OT game that lasted 4 hours as this is a tough spot coming off huge road win at GT with 57 yard FG and a Thu game up next vs UNC, the winner takes control of coastal division. Then following week home game vs Notre Dame. very easily could overlook the cuse on a tough b2b road trip on a short week

Bama = Saban teams (lsu or bama) are 15-0 SU week before a bye so he usually gets his kids focused but really emotional win last week in College Station reminiscent of win at UGA. Remember the game following UGA was a 16-17 pt fav over Arkansas and they were totally drained and nearly gave game away. Add to that death of former Tider, Altee Tenpenny, a very well liked RB that was just on this team 10 months ago and still good friends with a lot of the boys. Dobbs will be a pain to stop...back door wide open in this one like it was vs Arky

Utah St = celebrated the win vs Boise like it was for a national title but can't count on a +7 turnover differential every game (boise 8 turnovers...)

Memphis = first win over SEC opponent since Ole Miss in 2004 and only 2nd win over power 5 in that time (beat crap kansas this year) now on road laying DD to a team that can certainly score.

Michigan St = just won with play of the year vs biggest rival and now laying 16.5...MSU covered just 1x this year

any others out there?

Re: Letdowns and look-aheads

I think you are dead on with Temple and Memphis...those appear on the outside to be such easy bets...but seems Vegas is begging you to take both "higher ranked" teams...

Comment

Working...
    X