Conference Tournaments Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Conference Tournaments Info

For the last several years, the poster known as Jumperjack has played a system that bets on league tournament championship games to go under the total. (See above)

It has produced some very good results.

Now I know JJ has semi-retired into the less stressful world of non-betting, and that the NCAA is about to go into unchartered waters with tournament play that will have very few spectators.

But my question is this......what effect will a mostly empty arena have on playing this system?

I would think it will have little or no effect (or perhaps even a positive effect) since tired legs in the third or fourth consecutive day of play is what the system is built on.

What do you guys think?

Comment

Just a reminder that the Jumper Jack system kicks off today with the first league championship game at 8 pm between Belmont and Morehead State.

The line for the total opened at 139, and is currently at 137.5.

As with all of the league championship games, play the UNDER.

Comment

It hasn't been a good beginning for this system as it currently stands at 3-8.

What is more troubling is that the opening totals are not dropping like a rock the way they used to during this system's heyday. In fact, in the five games played last night, the opening total actually went up in three of the games. Bettors are not pounding the unders anymore the way they once did, and probably for good reason. Although some of the losses have been close, most of them have been total blowouts....and not for the good.

In just watching the games, it seems like the last five minutes take forever to play, and when the rush of scoring starts during that time, no matter how good the under looks for 35 minutes, it seems to go down in flames at the end.

Just my observation:

All of these systems have a shelf life (much like my "bet the under" system in MLB on the weekend after the All-Star break) of three or four years, and then people start to catch up to them.

That being said, there are still 15 more league championship games to be played on Saturday, and 5 more on Sunday, so we'll see how this thing finishes out.

Comment

Originally posted by barrett View Post
          no matter how good the under looks for 35 minutes, it seems to go down in flames at the end.

GT/FSU a great example of that last night

146 total is 66-62 with 2 minutes left and they scored 27 points in 120 seconds

but looks like unders did well yesterday?

Comment

Looks like I may have buried the system prematurely.

The UNDERS in the respective championship games went 10-5 yesterday. At one point, before the last three games on the West Coast, they were 10-2. Somewhere, out there in the real world of non-gambling, Jumper Jack has to be smiling.

In any event, the system is now 13-13 for the year with five games left to be played today.

Comment

A dark day for the system on Sunday as it went 0-5 to close conference championship week.

The final results for the year are 13-18.

Again I'll repeat my theory.......these types of systems have a 3-5 year shelf life. This one was incredibly successful for a good long while, and made a lot of money for those who used it (Thanks Jumper Jack).

But inevitably, the books catch up with what is going on, and make their adjustments.

It is interesting to note that in past years, JJ could always pick up 2-3 wins by getting the opening number. This year, that didn't happen once.

In addition, the drop from the initial opening line to the final line was consistently 3-6 points in most of the games. That wasn't the case this year as the books started to post lower totals that were not as easily attacked.

In any event, it will be interesting to see if this system rebounds to some extent next year.
              Last edited by barrett; 03-15-2021, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Comment

This was fun while it lasted....opened up a BetOnline account years ago just for this system.

Comment

Originally posted by ex50Warrior View Post
                    This was fun while it lasted....opened up a BetOnline account years ago just for this system.
                    As I mentioned before, all of these systems have shelf lives. The "numbers people will always catch up after a while, and make the adjustments.

Nevertheless, we made some good money following this thing for a number of years. Kudos to JJ for sharing it with all of us.

Comment

Working...
                    X