Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NBA Plays Friday 1/24 - NBA GOM (Winner!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Plays Friday 1/24 - NBA GOM (Winner!)

Rolling pretty good since I resumed capping the NBA Saturday (12-5), absolutely LOVE one game Friday night. Will post the rest of my plays as I continue handicapping.

$500 Washington +3.5 NBA Game of the Month Suns coming off their most impressive win of the season Wednesday on ESPN, when they pounded the Indiana Pacers 124-100. That win witnessed by a national audience will have bettors drooling when they see this line. Based solely on that this will be one of the most heavily bet games Friday, and also likely the most one-sidedly bet. In any sport you have to be prepared to fade a team coming off a much better than average performance, that is the key to contrarian handicapping. "Squares" see the great performance and get googly eyed thinking they have easy money betting on that "hot" team. The reality is that a team rarely follows up their very best performance with another one even close. Much more likely is a return to their average level of play. The Pacers are the best defensive team in the NBA statistically (41.2% FG allowed & 32.92% 3 pointers allowed). Phoenix just had one of those magical nights shooting, hitting 11 of 16 from the arc (68.8%) and 45 for 83 from the floor (54.2%). Indiana also played very sloppily, turning the ball over 21 times which led to a 28-5 fast break point advantage for Phoenix. The Wizards are hitting the road after a 5 game home stand where they failed to cover the last 4 games. I love playing on teams that are coming off failing at one situation (0-4 as home favs), and moving into the basic opposite situation (road dogs). The Wizards are also 9-1 ATS this year on the road with a line of 4 or less, and their first road game following a home game they are also 9-1 ATS. $WINNER$ (+500)

$300 L.A.Lakers +1 LOSER (-330)

$300 Dallas +2
    $WINNER$ (+300)

$300 New Orleans/Detroit under 203.5
    LOSER (-330)

$300 Memphis +6
    $WINNER$ (+300)

Added
    $300 L.A. Clippers -2 $WINNER$ (+300)

$300 Atlanta +5
    LOSER (-330)
    "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Re: NBA Plays Friday 1/24 - NBA GOM

Love the analysis JJ, good luck with all your plays tonight!
    "The ban on sports betting does exactly what Prohibition did, it makes criminals rich!"

Comment

Win lose or draw the break down makes a ton of sense and the numbers back it up.
      That would probably make for a damn good blog subject. How to know when your a square !
      I would say it's hands down the biggest angle used on all these sites when a person doesn't like a pick...
      How can you bet against them. Didn't you see what they just did.
      Best of luck on the plays

Comment

Sounds like a winner...
        Twitter @winningpix1
        Last Season NFL 96-71-7 +$3750

Comment

Added 1 more from the 3 games that had no lines when I capped...

$300 ​L.A. Clippers -2
          "The sheer unpredictability of sports is what makes it predictable." Who the hell bets units? I bet money...

Comment

Originally posted by jumperjack View Post
            Added 1 more from the 3 games that had no lines when I capped...

$300 ​L.A. Clippers -2
            Added
            $300 Atlanta +5 ​Originally passed on this game because the Spurs haven't lost B2B all season, I can't get passed the Hawks being the best home dog in the NBA, not to mention the Spurs seriously weakened with the loss of Leonard. He is not a star, but does many things well in Pop's rotation.

Comment

Re: NBA Plays Friday 1/24 - NBA GOM (Winner!)

Nice night JJ

Comment

Nice GOM on the Wiiiiiiiiiz Thanks for posting

Comment

Great job with the wizards
                  2011 Winner of TIS college football contest
                  2012 - 2013
                  NBA 33-18-1
                  MLB 16-12
                  NFL 27-13-1
                  CFB 12-11
                  CBB 9-2
                  MLB 2013 2-0
                  NHL 1-0

GOY 1-0 Mississippi +9.5 Over LSU 27-24

NFL 0-1