• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FEB 21 COFFE CLUB

WHAT'S BREWING TODAY
    Monday, February 21

On Today's Scorecard
    Nothing But NET
    Last season the top 41 NCAA basketball teams in the NET rankings all heard their names called on Selection Sunday. Conversely, no team ranked lower than No. 72 earned an at-large bid into the Big Dance.

Per ESPN, in between Nos. 41 and 73 is where, in effect, the committee went shopping for profiles they liked. There were some teams with very good NET rankings in that range that were passed over (Penn State at No. 42, Saint Louis at No. 43), and there were teams with lower NET rankings that earned a bid anyway (Michigan State at No. 70, Wichita State at No. 72).

This season the same dynamic will play out this March. Teams like Mississippi State, Saint Louis and Missouri State all have very good NET rankings, in the 50s. On the other hand, the 70-or-lower rankings of teams like Oregon, Rutgers, Iona and are in the discussion.

To see where teams currently reside, click here.
    Trending Today
    Keep The Door Open
    LeBron James said on Saturday he is open to a possible return to the Cavaliers.

With the All-Star game in Cleveland this past weekend, LeBron was asked if a return to the Cavaliers was possible. "The door's not closed on that," said James.

Would the Cavaliers want him? The 35-23 Cavaliers sit fourth in the East, and young star Darius Garland wants the Cavaliers to carve out a new identity post-LeBron (the franchise has not made the playoffs since he left). LeBron changes the culture and dynamic of any team he is on as he is the alpha, and that may not be what the Cavaliers want at the time.

If LeBron does leave the Lakers in a couple of seasons, it will be to go somewhere to play where his son Bronny, a junior in high school, is drafted. If and where he is drafted is a topic for another day.

"My last year will be played with my son," James said. "Wherever Bronny is at, that's where I'll be. I would do whatever it takes to play with my son for one year. It's not about the money at that point."

Stay tuned.
    Grinding Out The Profits
    Loaded For Bear/em>
    From this week's PLAYBOOK Basketball Newsletter: The visiting Baylor Bears will be seeking atonement from an embarrassing 61-54 home loss to Oklahoma State as 14-point chalk three weeks ago. In addition, they also fell as the No. 1 seed in the Big 12 tourney in the semifinal round to OSU as well.

If that doesn't grab their attention when they invade Stillwater tonight then nothing does. For openers, they take the court knowing they are 3-0 ATS on this floor when seeking revenge.

With defending National Champions 5-0 SUATS since 2018 with a sub .840 win percentage when seeking same-season loss revenge during the regular season, including, you know what to do.
Working...
X