X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Betting Info. 5/7

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | GOLDEN STATE at PORTLAND
    Play Against - Road favorites (GOLDEN STATE) after having covered 4 of their last 5 against the spread, a top-level team (>=75%) playing a team with a winning record
    66-31 since 1997. ( 68.0% | 31.9 units )
    2-2 this year. ( 50.0% | -0.2 units )

NBA | GOLDEN STATE at PORTLAND
    Play Against - All teams with a money line of +135 to -155 (GOLDEN STATE) after having covered 4 or 5 of their last 6 against the spread, a top-level team (>= 75%) playing a marginal winning team (51% to 60%)
    38-17 since 1997. ( 69.1% | 22.3 units )
    0-1 this year. ( 0.0% | -1.0 units )

NBA | TORONTO at MIAMI
    Play Under - Any team vs. the 1rst half line average 3PT shooting team (33-36.5%) against an average 3PT defense (33-36.5%), in a game involving two good rebounding teams (+3 to +5.5 reb/game) after 42+ games
    132-74 since 1997. ( 64.1% | 50.6 units )
    4-3 this year. ( 57.1% | 0.7 units )

Re: NBA Betting Info. 5/7

Preview: Raptors (56-26) at Heat (48-34)

Date: May 07, 2016 5:00 PM EDT

(AP) - Game 2 became a big missed opportunity for the Miami Heat.

Going home could help ease their disappointment.

Either the Toronto Raptors or Miami will move within two wins of a trip to the Eastern Conference finals on Saturday, when the Heat host Game 3 of their knotted-up series.

The Heat had a fourth-quarter lead in Toronto on Thursday in Game 2, only to see it - and a chance for what would have been a 2-0 lead in the series as it heads back to Miami - disappear in an overtime loss. The Heat won the series opener in overtime after Kyle Lowry's half-court shot at the end of regulation.

'That's the playoffs,' Heat coach Erik Spoelstra said. 'Things can happen in one game and you'll look totally different another game. Nothing's guaranteed. Momentum doesn't carry over. We've already proven that we can have a great offensive outing and then the next night it might be different. That's the playoffs. That's what happens in competition.'

Miami has a 13-2 home record since the beginning of March with the only losses coming to Charlotte, including one in the first round.

Toronto got a home split to start the second round despite ongoing struggles from Lowry and DeMar DeRozan, an All-Star backcourt that has shot a combined 35 percent from the field and 45 percent from the foul line so far against the Heat. Even though the postseason issues for Toronto's backcourt have been well-chronicled, the Heat cannot expect Lowry and DeRozan to keep missing at this rate.

'I've gotten so many phone calls and texts from people that just care about me in general, fellow NBA players and friends of mine,' said Lowry, the first player in the last 60 years to have nine consecutive games of shooting under 40 percent with 10 or more shot attempts in each contest, according to the Elias Sports Bureau. 'They're supportive.'

The Heat have held Charlotte and Toronto under 100 points in seven consecutive games now, which would seem to be a strong sign given that Miami has topped 100 points in 18 of its last 19 home games.

Then again, neither the Heat nor the Raptors put on anything that would resemble an offensive showcase in Games 1 or 2. Miami committed 20 turnovers in Game 1 and had 21 in Game 2.

'If we don't turn the ball over 20-some times, we'll be fine,' said Heat guard Dwyane Wade, averaging 20.5 points and 4 turnovers in the series. 'Offense is fine. We can't keep giving up 20 turnovers a game. That limits us a lot.'

At some point, fatigue will likely start being a factor - if it isn't already. Saturday's game will be the fifth in nine days for the Raptors, the eighth in 15 days for the Heat. Lowry has played 89 minutes in the first two games of this series, DeRozan has played 84. For the Heat, Joe Johnson has played 83 and Luol Deng has logged 81.

The bigger issue for Miami is Toronto's biggest player.

Jonas Valanciunas is a 7-foot, 255-pound problem for the Heat. He's shot 68 percent in the two games, averaging 19.5 points and 13 rebounds - at times getting the best of Miami center Hassan Whiteside.

'He's been big,' DeRozan said. 'You can honestly see who's the dominant big out there when it comes to rebounding and scoring. JV's doing a lot for us. We need him to continue to keep doing it.'

Comment

Preview: Warriors (73-9) at Trail Blazers (44-38)

Date: May 07, 2016 8:30 PM EDT

(AP) - First it was a chest cold, then it was a fourth-quarter dry spell. The start of Damian Lillard's playoff series against the Golden State Warriors has been rough.

And as Lillard goes, often his Trail Blazers teammates follow.

Portland is down 2-0 in its Western Conference semifinal series against the defending NBA champions. And it certainly won't get much easier when the series shifts north Saturday - even though presumptive league MVP Stephen Curry is unlikely to return from a knee injury.

Curry did work on the side while the Warriors practiced Thursday but couldn't yet do any of the scrimmaging that the medical staff and coaches want to see before he is cleared to return.

'It's tough to see him playing Saturday,' coach Steve Kerr said. 'He's gotten better and better each day.'

In fact, Kerr said 'probably not' when asked about Curry playing Saturday. Game 4 on Monday is still a conceivable option if Curry keeps making good progress.

That game won't mean as much if the Blazers don't win Game 3, but Lillard and his team have a history of stepping up after getting knocked down. In fact, that's been the theme of their whole season.

'I know the kind of guys I'm running with. Besides that, we've answered the call all season long. We've been in bad positions time and time again, and we've never shied away. We've never not answered the call. I don't see why this time it would be any different,' he said.

Lillard, who averaged 25.1 points and 6.8 assists during the regular season, scored 25 points in the Blazers' 110-99 loss in Game 2 on Tuesday night, including 17 in the third quarter. But the Warriors held him scoreless in the crucial final period when they came from behind to win, outscoring Portland 34-12. The Blazers only scored six points over the last 5:21.

With a day off Wednesday, Lillard let the loss digest.

'After the game I was pretty frustrated by not being able to finish that game. Yesterday I didn't even want to see a basketball,' he said. 'I wasn't even gonna watch the playoff game until I heard Cleveland was hitting a bunch of 3s. So I wanted to see for myself, but I didn't even want to have nothing to do with basketball after that game.'

In the series opener, Lillard started cold but eventually scored 30 points in a 118-106 loss. The Oakland native admitted later to battling a cold afterward. On Thursday, he said he was healthy.

A two-time All-Star, Lillard was snubbed this year. How did he respond? By dropping 51 points, including nine 3-pointers, in a 137-105 victory over - wait for it - the Warriors. Lillard shot over Curry at will in that Feb. 19 victory, one of just nine losses for Golden State in a record-setting 73-win season.

Knowing the Blazers are capable will be key Saturday night.

'We'll have bounce. We came back after 0-2 against the Clippers (in the opening round) and came with a lot of energy in Game 3. We know how important Game 3 is,' Blazers coach Terry Stotts said. 'Having energy, having bounce, at the Moda Center, with our crowd? That's the least of our concerns."

Lillard also struggled in the opening two games against the Clippers in the first round. Portland came back to win the next four to win the series, but the Clippers were hurt when top scorers Chris Paul and Blake Griffin were knocked out with injuries.

The Warriors also get credit for Lillard's struggles after making defensive adjustments on both Lillard and C.J. McCollum, particularly the play of Festus Ezeli.

'They are so explosive and they run really good stuff, I mean, it's hard to guard. You have to cover a lot of floor against Portland, and I thought between Festus and Draymond (Green), those guys did a great job of protecting the feed and moving and handling the pick-and-roll on top,' Kerr said.

Ezeli came up big in Game 2, scoring eight points, grabbing six rebounds and blocking a shot in nearly 13 minutes after not even getting into Game 1.

'I'm always ready. I'm always prepared,' Ezeli said. 'I brought energy to the team. Hopefully moving forward there's more situations where I'm needed. It takes a little while. The injury's behind me now. Every time I'm on the court, I'm just trying to get that momentum, I'm trying to get my rhythm back."

Ezeli played in only 46 regular-season games, having undergone arthroscopic knee surgery Feb. 8 and not playing again until April 3.

On Tuesday, his contributions were clutch as the Warriors had to rally back from an early 17-point deficit and trailed 87-76 going into the fourth for their largest deficit all playoffs heading into the final 12 minutes.

Klay Thompson keyed the comeback with 10 of his 27 points in the fourth quarter and hit at least five 3-pointers for a fourth consecutive game. He scored 37 in Game 1 as he continues to step up in Curry's absence.

So has Green, averaging 20 points, 13.5 rebounds, 9 assists and 3.5 blocks in the series.

Comment

Saturday's Tip Sheet
        By Kevin Rogers

Eastern Conference – Game 3 – Series tied 1-1
        Raptors at Heat (-5 ½, 187) – 5:05 PM EST – ESPN

It’s not often that the first two games of an NBA playoff series go past regulation, but that was the case between Toronto and Miami. After the Heat overcame Kyle Lowry’s desperation half-court heave to win Game 1 in overtime, 102-96, the Raptors made another late rally in Game 2 to force overtime once again. But the second time around, Toronto wasn’t going to be denied and found a way to even the series at 1-1 heading down to Miami.

The Raptors erased a six-point deficit in the final four minutes of Game 2 with a 10-0 run, but a late Goran Dragic three-pointer sent things to an extra session once again tied at 86-86. ‘Under’ bettors from Game 1 were dealt a harsh blow as the Heat and Raptors concluded regulation all even at 90-90 on a 192 total thanks to the Lowry three-pointer at the buzzer. In Game 2, the total dropped to 189 and ‘under’ backers were ready to cash out but needed to sweat out overtime as Lowry missed a late free throw to keep the game ‘under’ as Toronto prevailed, 96-92.

Due to Lowry’s free throw that bounced in and out of the rim in the final seconds of overtime, Raptors’ backers who laid the five points were squeezed as Toronto failed to cover the number for the sixth straight game. In spite of the loss, the Heat shot 49% from the field, compared to Toronto knocking down 42% of its attempts from the floor. Lowry and DeMar DeRozan combined to shoot 16-of-48 (33%) from the field, while DeRozan converted only 2-of-8 free throws in spite of shooting 85% from the charity stripe in the regular season.

Dragic carried over his strong performance from Game 7 of the opening round against Charlotte (25 points) to put up 26 points in the Game 1 victory over Toronto and 20 points in Thursday’s Game 2 defeat. Miami didn’t receive much help from its bench in Game 2, as the Heat reserves contributed just 13 points, while Joe Johnson scored 17 points in spite of not hitting a three-pointer in six attempts. Dwyane Wade pulled down six rebounds for the fourth straight game, while pouring in 17 points in the loss.

The Heat covered for the fourth consecutive game, while Erik Spoelstra’s squad improved to 6-3 ATS in the postseason. Miami cashed in three of four opportunities at American Airlines Arena in the first round against Charlotte, as all three victories came by double-digits. After eclipsing the ‘over’ in each of the first two victories against the Hornets, the Heat have gone ‘under’ the total in six of the past seven games with the lone ‘over’ coming in the Game 1 overtime triumph against Toronto.

Miami has seen plenty of success in the playoffs at the AAA, winning 32 of the past 40 postseason home games since 2012. The Raptors have lost six of their last eight road playoff games dating back to 2014, while busting the 100-point mark only once in this span, coming in the Game 3 blowout over the Pacers in the opening round.

Western Conference – Game 3 – Warriors lead 2-0
        Warriors (-3 ½, 211 ½) at Blazers – 8:35 PM EST – ABC

Golden State keeps creating new challenges for itself in its title defense and has cleared those hurdles to take a 2-0 series advantage over Portland. Even though Stephen Curry missed his fourth game of the playoffs due to injury, the Warriors overcame a 17-point first half deficit to stun the Blazers in Game 2 with a 110-99 victory. Golden State covered as nine-point favorites thanks to a fourth quarter outburst, as Steve Kerr’s club outscored Portland, 34-12 in the final 12 minutes to improve to 44-2 at Oracle Arena this season.

The only way Portland can compete with Golden State is if the Blazers’ backcourt duo of Damian Lillard and C.J. McCollum perform well offensively. In Game 2, Lillard and McCollum combined to score 47 points on 17-of-39 shooting, including six three-pointers made by Lillard. Portland knocked down 13 treys, but shot 14-of-21 from the free throw line, which certainly irked Blazers’ backers to cash tickets in spite of their fourth quarter meltdown.

With Curry sidelined, his “Splash Brother” Klay Thompson stepped up once again following his 37-point effort in Game 1 to score 27 points in Game 2, while being responsible for hitting five of Golden State’s eight three-pointers. Last season’s NBA Finals MVP Andre Iguodala poured in 15 points off the bench, while Draymond Green put together another double-double with 17 points and 14 assists. Shaun Livingston may not compile Curry-like numbers, but the veteran shooting guard has scored at least 12 points in each of his four starts in the reigning MVP’s place, including 14 points in Tuesday’s victory.

Curry is unlikely to play in Game 3 due to the knee injury he suffered in the opening round against Houston. The Warriors split a pair of regular season meetings with the Blazers at the Moda Center, as Portland ripped Golden State on February 19 by a 137-105 count to cash as eight-point underdogs. The Blazers dropped 42 points in the first quarter, while Lillard torched Golden State for 51 points, including nine three-pointers.

Portland has thrived at home in the postseason by winning all three games in the opening round against the Clippers. The Blazers won each of the first home contests against Los Angeles in low-scoring affairs, while holding off the Clippers in the series clinching Game 6 as 9 ½-point favorites, 106-103. Terry Stotts’ squad has won seven of their last 10 home playoff games since 2014, including a 3-0 ATS record as a home ‘dog.

Golden State has won eight of its last 12 road playoff contests, but the Warriors own an 0-4 ATS record as a road favorite in Game 3’s. The only cover in this stretch in a Game 3 came in the Western Conference Finals against Houston last season, but as a 1 ½-point underdog in a 115-80 blowout of the Rockets. The Warriors have cashed the ‘under’ in eight of 12 away postseason games since the beginning of their championship run, while allowing 100 points or less 10 times.

Comment

NBA Odds and Picks: Friday and Saturday Opening Line Report and Handicapping
          by Alan Matthews

What had been rumored for a few days came true on Thursday: the Indiana Pacers declined to renew the contract of head coach Frank Vogel. On the surface, that seems a stupid move by the team, but I guess you have to trust boss Larry Bird. In six seasons as Pacers coach, Vogel had a 250-181 regular-season record and 31-30 playoff record, including losing in Game 7 to Toronto this season. Remember, Indiana was without superstar Paul George for basically all of the 2014-15 season. I'm not sure there's a better candidate on the market right now unless some big-name college coach is waiting in the wings. Maybe Bird calls former Warriors coach and Pacers player Mark Jackson. I'm quite sure that Bird isn't returning to coaching the Pacers himself. Bird told reporters that hiring Kevin McHale, his former teammate with the Celtics, was out of the question. Right now the Kings, Rockets and Knicks jobs are open, and I'd bet Vogel gets an interview with each of those teams.

Saturday's Game 3: No. 1 Warriors at No. 5 Trail Blazers (+3, 211)

I'm a bit surprised there's a line up on this game, but clearly oddsmakers don't think Steph Curry is going to return from his knee injury on Saturday. And neither do I. It sounds like he will be listed as "doubtful." With a 2-0 lead, I wouldn't rush him back yet. Shoot, I might not play him at all this series. Curry has said he got a platelet-rich-plasma treatment in the knee, which is supposed to speed up healing.

To Portland's credit, it played well for three quarters of Game 2 in Oakland and led for about 43 minutes. The Blazers were ahead by 11 points entering the fourth quarter, but then the Warriors flipped a switch and outscored Portland 34-12 to win 110-99 (and barely cover). The Warriors shot 61.1 percent from the field in the quarter and pulled down 15 rebounds. Klay Thompson had another big game with 27 points (10 in fourth quarter) as did Draymond Green with 17 points, 14 rebounds, seven assists and four blocked shots, the first player to reach all of those numbers in a playoff game since Tim Duncan in 2003. Green might go down as the best second-round pick in NBA history. Backup center Festus Ezeli hadn't played a minute in this series but was huge in the fourth quarter with eight points and six rebounds.

Damian Lillard led the Blazers with 25 points and C.J. McCollum had 22, but both were quiet in the fourth. Portland managed six points in the final 5:21. The Blazers were 5-for-19 from the field in the quarter, missed all six of their 3-point attempts and turned it over five times.

Key trends: The Warriors were 1-1 ATS on the road in Round 1 and 0-2 O/U. The Blazers were 2-1 ATS at home in the last round and 1-2 O/U. Portland was 1-1 ATS at home during the season vs. the Warriors and 2-0 O/U.

Early lean: No team has beat Golden State twice this season. And Portland won't. This will be a sweep. Give the points, go over

Comment

NBA

Saturday's game

Miami-Toronto (1-1)
            Teams split pair of OT games in Ontario, now head south. Miami lost five of last seven games with Toronto, including two of last three played in Miami. Home side won eight of last 11 series games. Six of last seven Miami games stayed under total, as have eight of last ten Raptor games. Lowry is 10-35 from floor in series; Raptors are +27 with Valanciunas on floor, -29 with him on bench. Toronto was -19 with Powell in game in Game 2, which helps explain why he only played 9:00.

Portland-Golden State (GS 2-0)
            In 14 quarters since Curry hurt his knee, Warriors are +83, covering all three games without him; they've won eight of last nine vs Portland, and covered 10 of last 12. Blazers are 7-5 in last 12 games, with seven of last ten staying under the total. Golden State won nine of its last 11 games, covered eight of last nine- under is 7-3 in their last ten games. Warriors won three of last four visits to Portland. Over is 7-1 in last eight games between these two teams. Teams haven't played since Tuesday.

Playoff tally: Favorites vs spread: 26-18, Over: 13-31
            Second round: Favorites: 7-3, over: 5-5

Comment

Preview: Toronto At Miami

When: 5:00 PM ET, Saturday, May 7, 2016
              Where: American Airlines Arena, Miami, Florida

Matchup Edge

TOR Edge in: MIA
              Points Per Game
              Field Goal %
              Free Throw %
              Defense
              Rebounding
              Turn Overs
              Bench

The shooting woes of Toronto Raptors stars Kyle Lowry and DeMar DeRozan continue to persist, but the team is finding ways to stay in games during the postseason. The Raptors will once again try to get more from their All-Star backcourt and aim for a 2-1 lead when they visit the Miami Heat for Game 3 of the Eastern Conference semifinals on Saturday.

Lowry followed up a 3-of-13 effort in Game 1 with a 7-of-22 mark in Game 2 and is shooting 30.8 percent in the postseason while DeRozan is only marginally better at 33.7 percent from the floor in the playoffs. “Those guys (Lowry and DeRozan), we have to continue to go with them,” Toronto coach Dwane Casey told reporters. “Find ways. There are other ways to win the game than shooting the basketball.” The Heat gave the Raptors a way to win Thursday’s game with 21 turnovers that led to 24 points, including 11 miscues in the first quarter alone that allowed Toronto to jump out to a 29-19 lead. “Spotting a good team like this roughly 20 extra possessions - however they got them - that’s tough to overcome,” Miami coach Erik Spoelstra told reporters. “Those are a lot of possessions to give up in the postseason. They’re a good, disruptive team.”

TV: 5 p.m. ET, ESPN

ABOUT THE RAPTORS: With DeRozan and Lowry struggling to carry the load, DeMarre Carroll stepped up with 21 points in Game 2 and center Jonas Valanciunas scored 11 of his 15 in the fourth quarter and overtime while adding 12 rebounds. "He did that and we didn't even run any plays for him," DeRozan told reporters of Valanciunas. "It was just him being hungry. I think he's definitely the reason that we won the game (Thursday).” The double-double was the third straight for Valanciunas, who is 17-of-25 from the field in the series.

ABOUT THE HEAT:
              Goran Dragic had two teeth knocked out and needed eight stitches to close a gash in his lip but forced overtime with a 3-pointer and finished with a team-high 20 points in Game 2 while committing four turnovers. “Some of those were silly, silly turnovers,” Dragic told reporters. “Maybe we’re not focused enough. If we eliminate those turnovers, we would have had at least five possessions more, and if you score on half of those possessions, it’s six or seven points. We feel like we should have won this one, so it’s a little bit of a bad taste in our mouths.” Miami is heading back home for the first time since Game 7 of the first round against the Charlotte Hornets, when it steamrolled its way to a 106-73 victory.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. Heat F Luol Deng is 4-of-6 from 3-point range in the series and is shooting 53.3 percent from beyond the arc in the postseason.

2. Lowry is 2-of-14 from 3-point range in the series and is shooting 15.8 percent in the postseason.

3. Toronto F Terrence Ross is averaging 14.5 points in the series after putting up an average of five in the first round.

PREDICTION: Heat 101, Raptors 97

Comment

ATS Trends

Toronto
                • Raptors are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
                • Raptors are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win.
                • Raptors are 0-5 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS loss.
                • Raptors are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
                • Raptors are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 games overall.
                • Raptors are 0-6 ATS in their last 6 vs. Eastern Conference.
                • Raptors are 0-4 ATS in their last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
                Miami
                • Heat are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
                • Heat are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
                • Heat are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
                • Heat are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games playing on 1 days rest.
                • Heat are 9-1 ATS in their last 10 home games.
                • Heat are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 games following a ATS win.
                • Heat are 26-10-1 ATS in their last 37 Conference Semifinals games.
                • Heat are 25-10 ATS in their last 35 vs. Eastern Conference.
                • Heat are 1-4 ATS in their last 5 Saturday games.
                OU Trends

Toronto
                • Under is 6-0 in Raptors last 6 road games.
                • Under is 4-0 in Raptors last 4 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
                • Under is 4-0 in Raptors last 4 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
                • Under is 5-1 in Raptors last 6 games following a straight up win.
                • Under is 4-1 in Raptors last 5 games playing on 1 days rest.
                • Under is 8-2 in Raptors last 10 overall.
                • Over is 7-2 in Raptors last 9 Saturday games.
                • Under is 16-5 in Raptors last 21 vs. Eastern Conference.
                • Under is 7-3 in Raptors last 10 vs. NBA Southeast.
                Miami
                • Under is 6-1 in Heat last 7 games playing on 1 days rest.
                • Under is 6-1 in Heat last 7 overall.
                • Under is 6-1 in Heat last 7 vs. Eastern Conference.
                • Under is 5-1 in Heat last 6 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
                • Over is 4-1 in Heat last 5 Conference Semifinals games.
                • Under is 8-3 in Heat last 11 games following a ATS win.
                • Over is 5-2 in Heat last 7 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.

Comment

Preview: Golden State At Portland

When: 8:30 PM ET, Saturday, May 7, 2016
                  Where: Moda Center at the Rose Quarter, Portland, Oregon

Matchup Edge

GS Edge in: POR
                  Points Per Game
                  Field Goal %
                  Free Throw %
                  Defense
                  Rebounding
                  Turn Overs
                  Bench

The Portland Trail Blazers aren’t likely to see Stephen Curry on Saturday, but the rest of the Golden State Warriors are doing just fine without their superstar. The Warriors will try to take a commanding lead in the Western Conference semifinals when they visit the Trail Blazers for Game 3.

Portland let a golden opportunity slip away in Game 2, when it entered the fourth quarter with an 11-point lead only to be outscored 34-12 in the final period as Golden State ran away with the win. “It hurts to go back in the locker room after you play so well for so long and you come back in there with the 'L,'” Trail Blazers guard Damian Lillard told reporters. “But it is a part of growth. The entire season has been growth for us. But nights like (Tuesday), we have to close that out. We have to get that done. It was just a missed opportunity.” The 2-0 lead in the series gives the Warriors a chance to be cautious with Curry, who has been out since April 24 with a knee injury. “Everything has gone very smoothly,” Warriors coach Steve Kerr told reporters about Curry’s rehab after saying his star would “probably not” return on Saturday. “He hasn't had any setbacks. He's ramping up things in the weight room.”

TV: 8:30 p.m. ET, ABC

ABOUT THE WARRIORS: Golden State has only had Curry in the lineup for parts of two games this postseason due to knee and ankle injuries but continues to flourish behind All-Stars Draymond Green and Klay Thompson and a roster full of solid role players. Reserve center Festus Ezeli was singled out by coaches and teammates after Game 2 for his contributions on both ends when the Warriors began taking over the game late. "Changed the entire game for us," Green told reporters of Ezeli. "Some people are going to look and say, 'Oh, he had a couple lobs and had a putback.' No, it's not that. "Did you see him on the ball screen with Damian Lillard? Did you see him on the ball screen with C.J. McCollum?"

ABOUT THE TRAIL BLAZERS:
                  Portland won the final four games of its first-round series against the Los Angeles Clippers after dropping the opening two and is confident it can pull off a similar comeback. “We’ve been in bad positions time and time again, and we’ve never shied away,” Lillard told reporters. “We’ve never not answered the call. I don’t see why this time it would be any different. In our last series against the Clippers, we were down 0-2. We went home, and the next two games they were pretty much full strength. They had their guys and we got it done those two games. Obviously, Golden State is a different monster, but we know the same thing can happen.” Lillard went scoreless in the fourth quarter of Game 2 after putting up 25 points in the first three periods.

BUZZER BEATERS

1. McCollum is 1-of-9 from 3-point range in the series.

2. Portland C Mason Plumlee grabbed double-digit rebounds in each of the last seven games.

3. Golden State PG Shaun Livingston has scored in double figures in each of his five starts in place of Curry this postseason.

PREDICTION: Trail Blazers 112, Warriors 111

Comment

ATS Trends

Golden State
                    • Warriors are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 Conference Semifinals games.
                    • Warriors are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
                    • Warriors are 5-0 ATS in their last 5 games following a straight up win of more than 10 points.
                    • Warriors are 4-0 ATS in their last 4 games overall.
                    • Warriors are 7-1 ATS in their last 8 games following a straight up win.
                    • Warriors are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS win.
                    • Warriors are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    • Warriors are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    • Warriors are 5-1 ATS in their last 6 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
                    • Warriors are 4-1 ATS in their last 5 vs. NBA Northwest.
                    • Warriors are 35-16-1 ATS in their last 52 vs. Western Conference.
                    • Warriors are 1-4-1 ATS in their last 6 Saturday games.
                    Portland
                    • Trail Blazers are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 Saturday games.
                    • Trail Blazers are 9-3 ATS in their last 12 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points.
                    • Trail Blazers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
                    • Trail Blazers are 3-7 ATS in their last 10 games vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
                    • Trail Blazers are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 games following a straight up loss.
                    • Trail Blazers are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 games overall.
                    • Trail Blazers are 3-8 ATS in their last 11 vs. Western Conference.
                    • Trail Blazers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    • Trail Blazers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games following a ATS loss.
                    • Trail Blazers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 Conference Semifinals games.
                    • Trail Blazers are 1-6 ATS in their last 7 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    OU Trends

Golden State
                    • Under is 7-0 in Warriors last 7 road games.
                    • Under is 6-0 in Warriors last 6 road games vs. a team with a winning home record.
                    • Under is 4-0 in Warriors last 4 road games vs. a team with a home winning % of greater than .600.
                    • Over is 7-1 in Warriors last 8 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
                    • Under is 4-1 in Warriors last 5 overall.
                    • Under is 4-1 in Warriors last 5 vs. Western Conference.
                    • Under is 7-2 in Warriors last 9 Saturday games.
                    • Under is 7-2 in Warriors last 9 Conference Semifinals games.
                    • Under is 6-2 in Warriors last 8 after scoring 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    • Over is 18-7-1 in Warriors last 26 vs. NBA Northwest.
                    • Under is 10-4 in Warriors last 14 games following a straight up win.
                    • Under is 10-4 in Warriors last 14 when their opponent allows 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    Portland
                    • Under is 7-0 in Trail Blazers last 7 Saturday games.
                    • Under is 7-0 in Trail Blazers last 7 games following a straight up loss.
                    • Under is 5-0 in Trail Blazers last 5 games following a straight up loss of more than 10 points.
                    • Over is 8-0 in Trail Blazers last 8 home games vs. a team with a road winning % of greater than .600.
                    • Under is 7-1 in Trail Blazers last 8 games following a ATS loss.
                    • Over is 7-1 in Trail Blazers last 8 vs. a team with a winning straight up record.
                    • Under is 5-1 in Trail Blazers last 6 when their opponent scores 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    • Under is 10-2 in Trail Blazers last 12 after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game.
                    • Under is 4-1 in Trail Blazers last 5 home games.
                    • Over is 11-3 in Trail Blazers last 14 home games vs. a team with a winning road record.
                    • Under is 7-2 in Trail Blazers last 9 games playing on 3 or more days rest.
                    • Under is 7-3 in Trail Blazers last 10 overall.
                    • Under is 7-3 in Trail Blazers last 10 vs. Western Conference.
                    • Over is 15-7 in Trail Blazers last 22 games vs. a team with a winning % above .600.
                    Head to Head

• Favorite is 4-0 ATS in the last 4 meetings.
                    • Home team is 5-0 ATS in the last 5 meetings.
                    • Over is 7-1 in the last 8 meetings.
                    • Over is 5-1 in the last 6 meetings in Portland.
                    • Warriors are 4-1 ATS in the last 5 meetings in Portland.
                    • Warriors are 20-6 ATS in the last 26 meetings.

Comment

Working...
                    X