X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Betting Info. 2/11

StatFox Super Situations

NBA | NEW ORLEANS at OKLAHOMA CITY
    Play Under - Road teams where the total is greater than or equal to 210 off a win by 10 points or more as an underdog
    69-33 since 1997. ( 67.6% | 32.7 units )
    7-4 this year. ( 63.6% | 2.6 units )

Play On - Any team vs the money line (OKLAHOMA CITY) excellent offensive team (>=102 PPG) against a horrible defensive team (>=102 PPG) after 42+ games, after allowing 55 points or more in the first half in 2 straight games
    32-11 over the last 5 seasons. ( 74.4% | 20.7 units )
    9-4 this year. ( 69.2% | 2.0 units )

Play Against - Home favorites vs. the 1rst half line (OKLAHOMA CITY) hot team - having won 12 or more of their last 15 games, well rested team - playing 6 or less games in 14 days
    74-38 over the last 5 seasons. ( 66.1% | 32.2 units )
    8-6 this year. ( 57.1% | 1.4 units )

Re: NBA Betting Info. 2/11

Preview: Pelicans (20-32) at Thunder (39-14)

Date: February 11, 2016 8:00 PM EDT

Monty Williams' impact on the New Orleans Pelicans went beyond reaching the playoffs twice in five seasons. That has become obvious with Williams now grieving the untimely death of his wife.

While the Pelicans and Oklahoma City Thunder are scheduled to play basketball Thursday night, their thoughts will be with Williams a day after the tragic crash.

Williams went 173-221 in five seasons as coach of the Pelicans before he was dismissed after being swept by Golden State in the first round of the playoffs last season. He was subsequently hired to be coach Billy Donovan's top assistant with the Thunder.

Tragedy struck Williams on the eve of this matchup with New Orleans. His wife Ingrid, 44, was killed in a crash just outside of downtown Oklahoma City. Her SUV was hit by an oncoming car that crossed the center line, said police Capt. Paco Valderrama. That driver was pronounced dead at the scene, and an investigation is ongoing.

"The Thunder organization has heavy hearts tonight with the news of Ingrid's passing," the Thunder said in a statement. "Words cannot adequately describe how deep our sorrow is for the loss of Monty's wife. Our thoughts and prayers are with Monty and his family, and we will support him in every way possible.

"We know the entire community of Oklahoma City has them in their prayers."

The same could be said of the Pelicans, who expressed their condolences following Wednesday's 100-96 win over Utah.

"It's just really, really tough when you know a guy like Monty and what he's all about," coach Alvin Gentry said. "Then you realize that it's just a basketball game. That's all it is."

Pelicans star Anthony Davis became close with Williams and his family during his first three NBA seasons and commented on Twitter:

"Completely devastated. Ingrid Williams was like a 2nd mother to me when I got to NOLA. My thoughts & prayers are with Monty & the family."

With emotions almost certainly focused on Williams, the Thunder (39-14) will try to win for the 14th time in 16 games after Monday's 122-106 victory at Phoenix.

They're averaging 112.4 points over that stretch, with Kevin Durant contributing 30.5. The star forward is scoring 36.3 per game over the last three after scoring 32 on 11-of-21 shooting against the Suns.

Durant's 27.8 season average is third in the league. He's averaged 30.5 points in his last 11 home meetings with New Orleans (20-32), but a strained left hamstring forced him to miss a 110-103 win Nov. 18.

Russell Westbrook led the way with 43 points, nine rebounds and eight assists in that meeting. He's had some of the best games of his career recently against the Pelicans, scoring at least 40 in each of the past three meetings while averaging 45.3 on 56.0 percent shooting.

The Pelicans have followed a four-game slide with consecutive wins. Davis has totaled 46 points in those victories, hitting a running left-handed hook and a 3-pointer in the final minute to key Wednesday's win.

"I feel like as a leader of the team that's my responsibility," Davis said. "At some point in time, you've got to take over a game."

Jrue Holiday had 21 points and nine assists against the Jazz, two days after getting 27 and nine in a 116-102 win at Minnesota.

The veteran guard shared his thoughts on the Williams' tragedy.

"The players that were here with Monty and their family definitely felt it," said Holiday, who spent two seasons under Williams. "Obviously we're all blessed to play the game of basketball but family comes before that. And I know most of the guys were thinking about our families, thinking about his family."

Comment

Preview: Wizards (23-27) at Bucks (21-32)

Date: February 11, 2016 8:00 PM EDT

The first half has gone nothing like the Washington Wizards or Milwaukee Bucks hoped, but the Bucks think they may have found a lineup wrinkle that could help them make a second-half push.

It's no secret who the Wizards are hoping will carry them to the playoffs.

Washington looks to ride one of the best stretches of John Wall's career into the All-Star break Thursday night in Milwaukee, while the Bucks are thinking a boost to their bench could help them avoid a season sweep from the Wizards.

Playoff teams a year ago, both Washington (23-27) and Milwaukee (21-32) will head into the break outside the top eight in the Eastern Conference.

There seems to be more room for optimism that the Wizards can crawl back into contention thanks to Wall, who will go into his third straight All-Star appearance playing as well as any point guard in the league. Wall has averaged 27.5 points and 11.8 assists in his last four games after putting up 28 and 17 in Tuesday's 111-108 win at New York.

'I think I'm having a career year,' Wall said. 'I can say I'm playing my best basketball, but not the way I want to play because it's not equaling up to wins.'

If Wall can keep up his newfound shooting touch, it might. A 30.5 percent 3-point shooter heading into this season, Wall is at 41.9 percent over his last 18 games and has hit 11 of 17 over this dominant four-game spurt.

"When I'm making jump shots I'm a different player," Wall said. "And when we're making 3s it opens up the floor for me even more to be more aggressive.

"I'm taking more respectable (3s). Not the desperation, late-shot-clock ones. I'm getting ones in a rhythm where I want the ball and I'm able to make shots now."

Doing damage from beyond the arc has been a big reason why the Wizards have taken the first three meetings from Milwaukee, though Wall - averaging 19 points and nine assists while totaling 16 turnovers - hasn't stood out statistically.

Washington has shot 51.4 percent from long range in the series, hitting 12 3s in each game to the Bucks' 18 total, and it's attempted 109 free throws to Milwaukee's 86.

The Wizards have scored 79 points off 62 Bucks turnovers, totaling 64 fast-break points to Milwaukee's 29. Add in Washington's plus-33 margin in the fourth quarter - it's plus-6 in the other three - and it's easy to see why the Wizards are going for their first season sweep of the Bucks since 1974-75.

Fourth-quarter issues are nothing new for Milwaukee, which was outscored in the final 12 minutes in each of its five straight losses heading into Tuesday's visit from Boston. The Celtics nearly came from 19 down in the fourth, but the Bucks held on to win 112-111.

Aside from that collapse, there was reason for optimism. Miles Plumlee and O.J. Mayo shifted into the starting lineup in place of Greg Monroe and Michael Carter-Williams, and while the two new starters totaled just six points, Monroe and Carter-Williams combined for 45.

"I think we just wanted to see something different," coach Jason Kidd said. "Sometimes we get caught up in starters or bench players, but at the end of the day it's about the team."

The Bucks are 14-8 at home, and the good news is they'll play 19 of their final 29 at the Bradley Center after playing an NBA-high 31 road games.

The Wizards have played the league's fewest on the road, though they're better away from the Verizon Center (12-11) than at home.

Comment

Streaks, Tips, Notes

Rodeo Tour!!

San Antonio Spurs ejected from the AT&T Center by the San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo are in the midst of a gruelling eight game road swing. Spurs have been consistent during these rodeo road treks. With this years opening win/cover in Miami the 'Rodeo Boys' are now 32-12 SU the past 44 during the excursions cashing 25 tickets (25-18-1 ATS). It's off to Orlando before the break, then a swing out west to take on Clippers, Lakers, Suns, Kings, Jazz with the finale back in Texas against Rockets.

Comment

NBA Odds: Thursday, February 11 2016 Opening Line Report and Handicapping
          by Alan Matthews

Some bad injury news for two Western Conference teams on Tuesday that could shake up the playoff race in the West and affect the trade market. First up, Memphis learned that its best player, center Marc Gasol, suffered a broken foot on Monday night. No one on the team thought it was anything serious at the time. After the game, Grizzlies coach Dave Joerger simply said Gasol was "just dinged up." But tests on Tuesday revealed the break. Not sure if you've ever had a broken foot, but you probably aren't 7-feet tall. These can become a major problem for large human beings. Foot troubles ended the career of Yao Ming and Greg Oden, to name two. Kevin Durant missed most of last season with a broken foot.

It's not clear yet if Gasol will undergo surgery or not but at best he might be back in early April before the end of the regular season. At worst, his year is done. The Grizzlies are solidly a playoff team right now but no threat to win the West. So they might decide to reboot with this news and trade excellent point guard Mike Conley, who is set to become an unrestricted free agent. It might behoove Memphis to get into the draft lottery because otherwise it loses its first-round pick to Denver (via Cleveland). The Grizzlies are currently +4000 on BetOnline to win the West.

Meanwhile, New Orleans hasn't been able to climb out of an early-season hole, and it's going to be tougher for the Pelicans to climb into a playoff spot with the news that the season is over for injury-prone swingman Tyreke Evans. He will have knee surgery. In 25 games this season, Evans averaged 15.2 points, 6.6 assists, 5.2 rebounds and 1.3 steals. He's the team's second-best player behind Anthony Davis. Last month the Pelicans lost Quincy Pondexter for the season, and guard Eric Gordon remains out following finger surgery. The Pelicans entered play Wednesday 6.5 games out of the West's final playoff spot. Why bother chasing that and losing in the first round to the Warriors? So you might now see New Orleans deal Ryan Anderson, who would have tons of value around the league as one of the NBA's best stretch fours.

Here are your final two games before this weekend's All-Star break.

Wizards at Bucks (-1, 210)

Two of the East's most disappointing teams. I wrote earlier this week how the Bucks are shopping both Michael Carter-Williams and Greg Monroe. Coach Jason Kidd, perhaps not coincidentally, decided to yank both from the starting lineup on Tuesday against Boston in place of O.J. Mayo (had missed past 11 games due to injury) and Miles Plumlee. The Bucks won 112-111 when Boston's Avery Bradley committed a stupid foul with under a second left and Khris Middleton made one of two free throws. MCW and Monroe both played well as reserves, with the former having 16 points, six rebounds and five assists, and the latter 29 points and 12 rebounds.

Washington looks for its first two-game winning streak in nearly a month. It's off a 111-108 win at the Knicks on Tuesday. Bradley Beal had been coming off the bench since returning from his latest injury but started that game and had 26 points. John Wall had 28 points and 17 assists. The Wizards have swept the regular-season series with the Bucks just once ever but can here as they are 3-0 against Milwaukee this season. The most recent win was 106-101 at home on Jan. 13. The Bucks turned it over a season-high 27 times, which led to 36 Washington points.

Key trends: Washington is 8-2 against the spread in the past 10 road games. The Bucks are 7-1 ATS in their past eight vs. the East. The "over/under" is 12-3 in the Wizards' past 15 on the road. It is 5-0 in Milwaukee's past five at home. The favorite is 6-1 ATS in the past seven meetings. The over is 4-1 in the past five in Milwaukee.

Early lean: Bucks and over.

Pelicans at Thunder (-11, 220.5)

Just one TNT game this Thursday, and this is it. New Orleans hosted scorching-hot Utah on Wednesday. Oklahoma City bounced back from Saturday's loss at Golden State with a 122-106 win in Phoenix on Monday. Kevin Durant had 32 points, 25 in the second half. It was his 38th straight game with at least 20. Russell Westbrook had 29 points for the Thunder. A win here would get Oklahoma City into the 40-win club with the Spurs and Warriors this season. The Thunder won the first meeting of the year with New Orleans, 110-103 at home on Nov. 18. Westbrook had 43 points, nine rebounds and eight assists. Durant didn't play. Anderson had 30 for the Pelicans, who didn't have Davis, Omer Asik or Norris Cole.

OKC is a lock for the playoffs this season, but just a reminder how important one game of 82 cam be in the regular season: The Pelicans upset the Thunder 116-113 in the teams' final meeting last season on a Davis 3-pointer at the buzzer, Davis' only 3-pointer of the season. That gave the Pelicans a 3-1 series win and proved to be the tiebreaker for the eighth and final playoff spot in the West when New Orleans and OKC finished with the same regular-season record.

Key trends: The Pelicans are 4-1 ATS in their past five in the second of a back-to-back. OKC is 4-13 ATS in its past 17 vs. teams with a losing record. The Pelicans are 5-1 ATS in the past six meetings. The over is 4-1 in the past five.

Early lean: Thunder and over.

Comment

Preview: Washington At Milwaukee
            When: 8:00 PM ET, Thursday, February 11, 2016
            Where: BMO Harris Bradley Center, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
            The Milwaukee Bucks blew all of a 19-point fourth-quarter lead on Tuesday but managed to pull out the win in the final seconds and snap a five-game slide. The Bucks will try to carry that momentum through the All-Star break with back-to-back triumphs when they host the Washington Wizards on Thursday.
            Milwaukee coach Jason Kidd decided to make a lineup change to break his team out of its funk and brought Greg Monroe and Michael Carter-Williams off the bench against the Boston Celtics. “I’ve come off the bench before,” Monroe, who scored a season-high 29 points in the win, told reporters. “It’s not anything new to me. We needed a win, plain and simple.” The Wizards picked on the imploding New York Knicks to earn a second win in three games on Tuesday and got a strong effort from John Wall. The All-Star point guard delivered 28 points and 17 assists while committing one turnover in the 111-108 triumph.
            TV: 8 p.m. ET, CSN Mid-Atlantic (Washington), FSN Wisconsin (Milwaukee)
            ABOUT THE WIZARDS (23-27): Washington guard Bradley Beal came off the bench in six straight games after suffering a concussion and a broken nose but was back in the starting lineup on Tuesday. The 22-year-old was on the receiving end of some of Wall’s assists and put up 26 points on 8-of-14 shooting while playing 32 minutes, and he has scored at least 22 points in three straight games. Beal is 8-of-12 from 3-point range in the last two contests.
            ABOUT THE BUCKS (21-32): Carter-Williams scored 16 points on 6-of-8 shooting in 26 minutes against Boston but was not quite as willing to embrace his reserve role. “I believe I’m a starter in this league,” Carter-Williams told reporters. “I believe I can compete with all the guards in this league and have a positive impact at the beginning of the game. That’s where my head is but I can only control what I can control.” The 112 points on Monday marked the most for the team since Dec. 31 despite Miles Plumlee and O.J. Mayo, who started in place of Monroe and Carter-Williams, totaling six points in 18 minutes apiece.
            BUZZER BEATERS
            1. Bucks G Jerryd Bayless is 11-of-15 from 3-point range in the last three games and is averaging 15 points in that span.
            2. Wizards PF Kris Humphries (knee) played for the first time since Jan. 3 on Tuesday and went scoreless in four minutes off the bench.
            3. Washington has taken each of the first three meetings this season, including a 118-113 victory in Milwaukee on Oct. 30.
            PREDICTION: Bucks 108, Wizards 106

Comment

Preview: New Orleans At Oklahoma City
              When: 8:00 PM ET, Thursday, February 11, 2016
              Where: Chesapeake Energy Arena, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
              The Oklahoma City Thunder aim to finish play before the All-Star break with their 16th win in the last 19 games when they host the New Orleans Pelicans on Thursday. The Thunder have been flying under the radar but a victory over New Orleans would make them one of three teams with 40 wins at the All-Star break.
              Oklahoma City All-Star small forward Kevin Durant has scored 20 or more points in 38 consecutive games and is averaging 36.3 points over the past three contests. All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook has scored 24 or more points in seven of the past eight games and had 43 points, nine rebounds and eight assists when the Thunder recorded a 110-103 victory over the Pelicans on Nov. 18. New Orleans has posted back-to-back wins over the Minnesota Timberwolves and the Utah Jazz as it hopes to remain in the Western Conference playoff chase. All-Star power forward Anthony Davis scored 19 points in Wednesday’s 100-96 victory over the Jazz, failing to reach 20 points for only the second time in the past 14 games.
              TV: 8 p.m. ET, TNT
              ABOUT THE PELICANS (20-32): Point guard Tyreke Evans missed his eighth straight game because of his troublesome right knee and the lack of progress has prompted him to seek a second opinion. Evans underwent surgery on the knee in late October but the latest setbacks may have him facing a season-ending procedure. “There is a possibility that it’s something that could keep him out the rest of the season,” New Orleans coach Alvin Gentry told reporters. “We won’t know that until the opinions are gathered and the information is processed and then the decision will be made.”
              ABOUT THE THUNDER (39-14): Durant scored 32 points in Monday’s 122-106 victory over the Phoenix Suns and his 20-point streak was in jeopardy of ending until he scored 21 points over the final 14:17. “Sometimes it only takes one shot for me, sometimes it doesn’t even take a shot,” Durant told reporters. “I’m just always in a mode where I feel confident every shot I put up.” Oklahoma City ranks second in the NBA in scoring at 109.9 points per game and has topped 100 points in 22 of the past 23 games.
              BUZZER BEATERS
              1. Durant and Davis missed the first meeting because of injuries.
              2. New Orleans backup PG Jrue Holiday scored 21 points against Utah for his sixth 20-point outing in the past nine games.
              3. Oklahoma City backup C Enes Kanter has three double-doubles over the past six games and is averaging 16.2 points and 8.8 rebounds during the stretch.
              PREDICTION: Thunder 112, Pelicans 101

Comment

Working...
              X