The Dog Pound 2023

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Chamblin View Post
    Managers using these relief pitchers like they were machines'. After inning 6 a new pitcher every inning. Years ago a pitcher was in the game to go as long as he could. Later we had a starter, a middle man and then a closer. Now with constant relief pitching changes, it's anybody's game after six. Just look at the leads that are blown after six innings.

It is astounding to see some of the errors these professionals make. I guess some of the teams are just playing the season out. Not going anywhere and probably not concentrating as much as a contender. When you are not going anywhere, just play out the season.
    This has been killing my Live unders lately. Closers not closing anymore, giving up all kinds of runs in the 8th and 9th...

Comment

• std 270-460 +6144

I"m closing the dog pound for the season, football is starting and I see no upside in continuing when I'm up over 61 units, which will be my best year in the last 5. I finished every year above 40 units but never this high.

730 games played
      190 games below 50%
      39.6 WP
      +61.44 units

Thanks to the few who stopped by this year to check out the progress, especially Chamblin who stopped by all the time, very much appreciated Gene. There's really no upside to a thread like this unless you were to play every play as it is useless for cherry picking. Hopefully one or two understood the theory behind this, I came up with this after our old friend numberfreak had written a spectacular article debunking the just pick the winner and you'll win against the spread theroy. His research into that topic and the mathematical realities of that is the backbone of the dog pound. As I do every year I like to point out that a 2 dime bettor would have won 122,880 dollars if you played every game !

gl see you in the NFL forum gentleman

Comment

• Originally posted by Thomas View Post
        std 270-460 +6144

I"m closing the dog pound for the season, football is starting and I see no upside in continuing when I'm up over 61 units, which will be my best year in the last 5. I finished every year above 40 units but never this high.

730 games played
        190 games below 50%
        39.6 WP
        +61.44 units

Thanks to the few who stopped by this year to check out the progress, especially Chamblin who stopped by all the time, very much appreciated Gene. There's really no upside to a thread like this unless you were to play every play as it is useless for cherry picking. Hopefully one or two understood the theory behind this, I came up with this after our old friend numberfreak had written a spectacular article debunking the just pick the winner and you'll win against the spread theroy. His research into that topic and the mathematical realities of that is the backbone of the dog pound. As I do every year I like to point out that a 2 dime bettor would have won 122,880 dollars if you played every game !

gl see you in the NFL forum gentleman
        GREAT job buddy!!!!

I didn't post much, but I stopped by pretty much every day, and I played damn near every one of them. If one of the games I capped while I was on a good roll was against yours then obviously I didn't play it. But once my stuff started leveling off I played every one unless I just missed an early game.

Appreciate your plays and input more than you will ever know!

Comment

• Thanks Darryl !

Comment

• Great ride !!!

Comment

• Good stuff Thomas! Take the money and run...lol

I'm quitting my Live plays also, they're killing me lately.

Comment

• Nice job Tom. You have a nice stash to go watch the Banjo Bowl in style. Congrats!

Comment

• Brock lol here's the deal the labour day classic is in Regina next weekend, the banjo bowl is played back in Winnipeg the following week. Big weekends for both cities. But I do have enough money to travel there if I wanted to lol. Here's the short history of why it's called that:

Troy Westwood, Winnipeg's kicker said on the eve of the 2003 West Division Semi-Final between his Winnipeg Blue Bombers and the Saskatchewan Roughriders that the Sask fans were a bunch of ‘banjo-pickin’ inbreds.’

And a story was born lol

Comment

• Comment

• Great season for you Thomas. Congrats on your winning ROI
                      is easy.
                      Making consistently is a different story

Comment

• Tom, spectacular job this season, bud. Can't believe you're shutting the door on your money machine.

Was thinking of Bruce (numberfreak) just the other day. He dropped by at the RX last year to say hello but I haven't seen him this year. Hope he's allright. Super smart handicapper.

Can't wait for football. My Pats need a healthy O line or it's gonna be a long year for our offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michelangelo View Post
                          Tom, spectacular job this season, bud. Can't believe you're shutting the door on your money machine.

Was thinking of Bruce (numberfreak) just the other day. He dropped by at the RX last year to say hello but I haven't seen him this year. Hope he's allright. Super smart handicapper.

Can't wait for football. My Pats need a healthy O line or it's gonna be a long year for our offense.
                          7-10 Jim hate to say it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Puckluck View Post

7-10 Jim hate to say it.
                            Maybe worse, Brock. If the line holds up they have a puncher's chance. Belli is gonna run till he tires out those small linebackers everyone uses these days. If the line holds up I think Mac is good enough. D should be good as long as they ae not on the field all day. Kicking game should have gotten better. We'll see. Love NFL. Can't wait.

Comment

Working...
                            X